The bus shelter vw camper (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
? wheres the link?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi.havent bought one from them ,but did make my own to be used on the t2 i took to africa , it worked ok. i just had some sail cloth and fixed one end to a roof rack .the other i used second hand awning poles . it rotted in the end being left on the vehicle . you can use the h section [plastic removable fixings that awnings are mounted tothe guttering . easy to make.
you may have a problem if you havent got a gutter . having said that some hightops do have them .or you fix one of the aluminium awning rails to the side of roof.

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
hi.havent bought one from them ,but did make my own to be used on the t2 i took to africa , it worked ok. i just had some sail cloth and fixed one end to a roof rack .the other i used second hand awning poles . it rotted in the end being left on the vehicle . you can use the h section [plastic removable fixings that awnings are mounted tothe guttering . easy to make.
you may have a problem if you havent got a gutter . having said that some hightops do have them .or you fix one of the aluminium awning rails to the side of roof.

Thanks vwlan,have a topaz, and have guttering, just need some sun cover, when in to France:Smile:................Del

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
If it is anything like their skydive clothing then it will be good quality. :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you have a gutter visit your local m,home store get a couple of lengths of plastic h awning gutterfixing . speal to a local sailmaker lorry sheet maker .yourself . ?
sew a bit of rope into one end to fit the h section. a couple of tarp rings or 3 the other end . leave the hem so you can slide a cane into the end .two or 3 old awning poles . bet you can do it all for 25 quid . even less if you can scrounge some poles .

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
last year in France

Last year in France I extend my awning on my RV by putting the wind blocker up but connected the corners to extending line poles, put in a couple of guide strings and I had a lot bigger shaded area and t cut the hot sun beating down.. made the main A&E awning a much cooler place to sit.. easy to put up and take down at the end of the day.

Bob

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I manufacture awning panels for omnistor and fiamma awnings and have thought about making a similar product to the bus shelter.

I use a clear laminated reinforced plastic material which lets light through but is 100% waterproof.

Would people use these as a shelter from British weather or from the sun?

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I made a similar item using a Vango Tarp. Replaced the cord with some 3-core cable in order to fit figure of 8 chanel and 2 old tent poles. Cost? About £20.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
I manufacture awning panels for omnistor and fiamma awnings and have thought about making a similar product to the bus shelter.

I use a clear laminated reinforced plastic material which lets light through but is 100% waterproof.

[HI]
Would people use these as a shelter from British weather or from the sun?[/]

Probably would be used for both. just shower proofed,but clear plasti material would not be good for keeping out the sun (or am I missing something )..........Del

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

[HI]Would people use these as a shelter from British weather or from the sun?[/HI]

I produced a sun awning using clear laminated plastic sheeting for my boat, I ended up using it as a rain-shower shelter also, so I would imagine you could say......either..Griff :thumb:

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
Did make one not a lot different to this one about 9 years ago and it's still going strong.Was given the material by a German,no thats not quite true.We were on a typical Spanish site 5k south of Benidorm when a German guy arrives jumps out a brand new Concorde struts around his pitch and spots sign for van wash jumps back in and off he goes.Now i always allow about 3.4mts for our van and decided i would not risk it cus some of the thick branches looked pretty close to that limit.As he raced by i nodded to gain his attention and to warn him to the danger as his van was a lot taller than ours, but he either didn't see me or totally ignored me so i slowly walked to turning in site road to see how he would get on.It was about 100 mts to the van wash and in that short journey he hit several small branches and a couple of some substantial tree trunk type branches,he continued without let up till he arrived at van wash got out grabbed hold of the awning which was closest to the floor [about 2 ft of the floor] and gave several yanks till he yanked the one remaining bolt through the side of his van.Once it was free he chucked the complete Fiamma awning in a heap got in his now not so shiny Concorde and left the site.Now i am pretty quick at spotting a gift from God but by the time I got to it 2 more Brits had got there one had the legs off and the other set about taking off the spring loaded extenders I had spotted that the only rip in the sheeting was abou tone foot in from the edge so I set about removing that,and that is the rather long story of why I have an extended awning thans to our German friend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:STAY SAFE:thumb:

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Did make one not a lot different to this one about 9 years ago and it's still going strong.Was given the material by a German,no thats not quite true.We were on a typical Spanish site 5k south of Benidorm when a German guy arrives jumps out a brand new Concorde struts around his pitch and spots sign for van wash jumps back in and off he goes.Now i always allow about 3.4mts for our van and decided i would not risk it cus some of the thick branches looked pretty close to that limit.As he raced by i nodded to gain his attention and to warn him to the danger as his van was a lot taller than ours, but he either didn't see me or totally ignored me so i slowly walked to turning in site road to see how he would get on.It was about 100 mts to the van wash and in that short journey he hit several small branches and a couple of some substantial tree trunk type branches,he continued without let up till he arrived at van wash got out grabbed hold of the awning which was closest to the floor [about 2 ft of the floor] and gave several yanks till he yanked the one remaining bolt through the side of his van.Once it was free he chucked the complete Fiamma awning in a heap got in his now not so shiny Concorde and left the site.Now i am pretty quick at spotting a gift from God but by the time I got to it 2 more Brits had got there one had the legs off and the other set about taking off the spring loaded extenders I had spotted that the only rip in the sheeting was abou tone foot in from the edge so I set about removing that,and that is the rather long story of why I have an extended awning thans to our German friend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:STAY SAFE:thumb:

nice one:Cool::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back