The budget Adria Sun Living brand, worth looking at? (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I understand that the budget Sun Living brand has been discontinued and replaced by Elios in some countries. It makes one wonder if Sun Living might also disappear in the UK which could hit resale values. The Elios Van range of PVCs seem much closer to Adria Twins in appearance and price. Strange marketing.

Another budget PVC range worth a look is Dreamer which is part of Rapido.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,
An old thread, but my interest is that we now live in the Gironde & want to part exchange our Hymer Exsis i578 that we no longer use for a similar auto van conversion that is only 6m & can be used daily. Found this

Think we may have to go to Belgium or Germany to make the exchange-my experience of French dealers when buying our Honda CRV is that they are not really helpful.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
An old thread, but my interest is that we now live in the Gironde & want to part exchange our Hymer Exsis i578 that we no longer use for a similar auto van conversion that is only 6m & can be used daily. Found this

Think we may have to go to Belgium or Germany to make the exchange-my experience of French dealers when buying our Honda CRV is that they are not really helpful.

Nice video thanks, you don't need a small van mind, to tour Skye, we went in a 8.33 metre 6.4 tonne monster, although it did struggle a bit up some of the hills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi,
An old thread, but my interest is that we now live in the Gironde & want to part exchange our Hymer Exsis i578 that we no longer use for a similar auto van conversion that is only 6m & can be used daily.
Suggest this as a 6m van conversion option https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...n-van-conversion-high-spec-good-price.166989/ We ordered this after looking at the Sun Living:

globecar_summit_600_plus_prospekt-300x198.jpg

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
The power of advertising is strong, and consumers are very brand & badge conscious.
Not sure how long you are planning to keep your van, and whilst price/value will be at the forefront of your mind at the moment, don't forget about what can be an expensive cost - depreciation.

So picking up on Langoftlad's point, you might find you lose less on a popular branded van, such as Hymer, Globecar, Adria, Rapido, for example, than trying to re-sell a budget brand.

I suspect Sun Living offer decent value, but as you've discovered, there are actually perhaps not that many around in the UK. And my gut feeling - though I hope I'm wrong - is that finding a good used one with the comfortmatic gearbox, really could be like hens teeth.

Oh, and just to say 3,300kg chassis verses 3,500kg is not great - that extra 200kg payload can make all the difference, especially if you want a few extras like a second leisure battery and an awning etc.

Foe what it is worth, Rapido have a budget brand - Dreamer - that produce PVCs very similar to some of the equivalent Rapido versions. They also go down the same assembly line and a great deal of the fittings are the same. In fact we intended to buy a Dreamer, because the basic ones (Fun) apparently offer such good value, but for various reasons ended up with a Rapido (with comfortmatic). One key difference between them was the fridges - three-way in the Rapido, but compressor in the Dreamer (ie only two way and did not operate on gas - less expensive to buy and install I guess).

Good luck with your search.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Thanks, as I said we are retired to France & our Exisis i is registered here. Favourites in our search include an Adria, Possl/Globecar or Rapido. Having our A Class valeted next week then a trip to a couple of dealers to see if anything is tempting. My nephew lives in a 3litre Adria & a large Caravan in Spain for the winter before zipping up through Europe to spend summer in UK & Scotland. The Good Life for him. It is damp & cold here in the Gironde now & we have the log-burner lit for 24 hours at the moment. Should warm up soon all being wel!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jackiow

Free Member
Oct 31, 2021
Christchurch, UK
Funster No
MH
Sun Living Flexo
I bought a SL Flexo new in 2014. £32000.Everything fine for the money. Yes , not as fancy as the Adria models but then they were £10,000 more expensive. Bit flimsy here and there and I don't think the insulation is as good but 7 years on have replaced water pump and a Tap. Bags of room for my E-Bike. Great comfy bed. I love it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back