The Blue has gone (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Lately we have found more and more sites do not take "the Blue" we've tried the Green and not keen on it. So this trip we tried bio washing liquid. It worked fine no problems and we emptied on the second day. However the weather was not so hot over the weekend, so are we going to have a problem when (if) it gets hot? We don't want to go back to the blue but it does work well in any conditions.

Reactions: f6c

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I used bio liquid or powder for almost 2 years when I full timed and never noticed any smell, hot weather or cold. Cleaned to toilet with bathroom wipes and every week but a small amount of water in the bowl and added one Milton-type tablet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Fitted a SOG extraction system years ago now, and it works wonderfully...no need to buy/carry/use any additives at all since then.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Just curious........what's wrong with blue?
It's what the toilet was designed to use, washing machines are designed for bio washing liquids.
I use it and green, pink sometimes for bowl wash.
None of the "colours" I've come across have much in the way of harmful chemicals in them, they all seem to say on the bottle they are ok to use with septic tanks, etc.
I don't get this bio washing business.
Tried it, it's absolutely useless, except maybe for cleaning the tank?

SOG is ok as long as the stench is kept inside the van and not vented through an inefficient (or absent) filter for the benefit of the neighbours.
Had this happen to me only once
Cured the selfish pillock by taping his SOG outlet up.(No filter, he thought it was ok as it didn't stink in his van.)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Love my home made SOG especially in France or on the contanant when thay park right next to us then open there windows
Just open the hach for the fun of it the reaction in any language is usually funny
Bill

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
"Blue" is full of chemicals that are nowadays becoming ecologically unacceptable - they do an excellent job but they also do the same job on waste disposal systems, more and more becoming natural based. "Green" is supposed to get round this but I wonder if it is as good?

We're Tesco biologocal washing liquid fans, have been for years. One capful is enough each time we recharge, any more seems to create a chemical type smell. Ambient temperature doesn't seem to make any difference. However we do try and empty every day and never let it get full as it doesn't last as long as the "blue". However you shouldn't use both, even with a good washout in between as traces of the blue kill the bio action.

Personally I feel that a SOG is a bit anti-social especially if you don't keep the filter properly serviced.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Lidl bio power and some conditioner , empty every 3-4 days

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
With respect, how do they know what colour you are using unless they monitor all chemical emptying?
I have used blue, green and bio waging liquid, to me only blue works. I plan to keep using blue as long as it is sold!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
With respect, how do they know what colour you are using unless they monitor all chemical emptying?
I have used blue, green and bio waging liquid, to me only blue works. I plan to keep using blue as long as it is sold!

And you are perfectly entitled to. Just please don't empty into systems that clearly request you not to.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years

They don't.
You can choose to cheat and deceive if that fits with your moral compass, or to be honest and respect the environmental standards of your hosts.

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have so far never seen such a sign at any WC emptying point. Additionally if I have a full cassette my compass, moral or otherwise, disappears! Sorry! They should tell me BEFORE I stay and fill it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back