the birds have gone early.

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by lady jann, Sep 19, 2008.

1. lady jann

lady jann

Ratings:
    +0
    the swallows , house martins sand martins and swifts have gone from our base here on the welsh border , i think its early this year !!!! hope they come back...
    the willow wren chiffchaff and spotted fly catcher are still here .
    the robin who sings all year round is singing his autum song !!.

would the swallows etc have stayed longer if there is an indian summer coming , do they know something we don t know ???:Smile:

has anyone else noticed an early migration this year ??:Smile:

2. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156
    I thought that was a sign , supposedly, of a hard winter coming.

We were watching the Swifts, swallows and Marting flocking last weekend in the late summer skies.

Now they've all gone.:Sad:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  3. Pusser

Pusser Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Two weeks ago a load of leaves were shed of one of the trees. And now my pond is filled in I rarely get any birds in the garden now. Big error I made. However, I do get a selection of cats that come into my garden to poo so I am not totally devoid of animal life. I am wondering whether to take up shooting and get an air gun. :RollEyes:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +100,266
    One of those high power water pistols mid poo would be good for a laugh if nothing else:Smile:

5. Pusser

Pusser Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on the case. I will commence operation Pussy and train to become a crack shot. :Cool:

6. chigman

chigman

Ratings:
    +0
    swifts last to arrive and first to go back.I saw 4 young swallows in a nest just under two weeks ago.swallows normaly hang around till october before they leave.They have to have a big feed up before the big trip so they have plenty of reserve.

steve