The Big Lorry to Camper Conversion (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
Getting to the point of painting stuff... Cooool.

I want to go full on protective...

The plywood walls, I do not want the grain to be visible, and I want there to be undercoat or something for waterproofing/stain ect.

The kitchen units I want the same, no grain, protected. I'm going to fill any visible edges of ply.

Anyone care to give me a paint guide or procedure?

Thanks

Also If spraying is a better option, I can do that.

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
So my caravan hunt is over...... the "Bailey pageant magenta" is ours.

Im buying it blind. I've been assured everything works, and he has damp test results showing no damp.

It's owned by a guy my mum works with. She said he's a really nice guy and won't be lieing. He said he knows it's worth more than we are paying for it. But wants it gone and knows we are in need.

Now we can park it next to the truck and work on it every day. And no more rent and utility bills, just my rent for the yard which includes water and electricity . So that's £150 a month ????.

We are paying £1100 including delivery.
It's a stretch and had to ask for our deposit back a few weeks early, which was fine.

Can't believe we didn't do this sooner. I feel like I can relax now. I genuinely feel different, haven't got this constant anxious feeling buzzing around my body.

Wooooohoooooo

Thanks to those who have helped us ??

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
"Isn't it amazing how much light daylight gives you... "

Daylight comes from one single source - the current bun. It may be diffused by clouds/foliage/frosted 'glass' ... but to get double the light from the same lighting conditions you have to double the size of the hole.

As a snapper, if I wanted to stop down from f8 to f16 to be sure I was getting sufficient depth of field, back to front of the subject, I'd either wheel in another same-output light source or, if doing a still life, fire the one lamp twice. From f8 to f22, four lamps or fire 4 times.

The inverse square law, me old china.
How do I do that with my Samsung S10?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've got a theory ... Mango has been a 'closet caravan lover' for years but hasn't ever had an excuse to own one until now! :rofl:

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
So the caravan arrived. Just had to hitch my truck up and give it a jiggle......

Check out my empire of dirt.

IMG_20200524_134114.jpg

Home ??

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
It's got a cassette toilet in it....

So I have to use the chemical stuff? Is there any recommended products to use? I have no idea.....

I want to buy a replacement cassette... Because..... Its had other peoples poo it in

Also, I'm not on a campsite.... Where do i dispose of the bum gravey?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

So I have to use the chemical stuff? Is there any recommended products to use? I have no idea.....

I want to buy a replacement cassette... Because..... Its had other peoples poo it in

Cheapest and it works just fine is either Lidl or Aldi bio cloths washing liquid.

Are there any sewer manhole covers nearby, if so buy a couple of cheap manhole cover keys, lift and dump.
Be careful that the manhole is not going to lead onto a water course or river for obvious reasons.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006

Amazon product ASIN B00B2MIPR0
Best I've used :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear ... are you trying to tell us you're a bit 'precious' about other peoples muck? :rofl:

Just fill it with hot (not boiling) water and sling in some bio washing liquid and leave it for a while, then empty and rinse, as for the seal, put on your marigold rubber gloves and rub some olive oil on it to keep it supple!

I hasten to add that I'm talking about the cassette! :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So the caravan arrived. Just had to hitch my truck up and give it a jiggle......

Check out my empire of dirt.

View attachment 390581

Home ??
Does your Mrs know you've written that about a picture she's in ... :oops::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back