Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Update

Right got home , email , my bt, billing and bt fon all work with my email address and password, tried some of the foreign fon pages and non work either un recognised or 404 pages ,tried sandj number 08000223322 just ringing for 20 mins so tried the online help which admittedly answered within 30 seconds but got a lady who went through security stuff and passwords but didn't really know anything about it so gave me the same phone number to ring and went . So tried it again and left it ringing for half an hour and still no answer so that's where I'm at at the moment but I'm positive it can't be a problem with my login details as everything else connects with the same details. So will just have to persevere triing to get through to this number:Doh::Doh:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Right got home , email , my bt, billing and bt fon all work with my email address and password, tried some of the foreign fon pages and non work either un recognised or 404 pages ,tried sandj number 08000223322 just ringing for 20 mins so tried the online help which admittedly answered within 30 seconds but got a lady who went through security stuff and passwords but didn't really know anything about it so gave me the same phone number to ring and went . So tried it again and left it ringing for half an hour and still no answer so that's where I'm at at the moment but I'm positive it can't be a problem with my login details as everything else connects with the same details. So will just have to persevere triing to get through to this number:Doh::Doh:

I know 3 people now (in France) who have been able to access after following this advice: Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know 3 people now (in France) who have been able to access after following this advice: Broken Link Removed

Sorry must have missed that thread as I was working all day yesterday, but will certainly give it a go tonight, thanks a lot for your help, I have always been opted in since the very beginning and it's always worked here, but I tried it in Portugal 3 years ago and it didn't work then, then never bothered with it again as I can usually find enough connections to do what I want, but tried in France for the last two years and never had any luck, then again this last week in Portugal tried it again , same thing, but hoping to be in France quite a while this summer so time to get it sorted:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sorry must have missed that thread as I was working all day yesterday, but will certainly give it a go tonight, thanks a lot for your help, I have always been opted in since the very beginning and it's always worked here, but I tried it in Portugal 3 years ago and it didn't work then, then never bothered with it again as I can usually find enough connections to do what I want, but tried in France for the last two years and never had any luck, then again this last week in Portugal tried it again , same thing, but hoping to be in France quite a while this summer so time to get it sorted:thumb::thumb:

We live in France and use FON.....Also we have used it in Portugal...... Just make sure you have nothing stopping you logging in... add blocker pop up blocker or ...contact Shifty Dave he had the similar problem when he stopped at our home here in France... he had disconnect something...ask Dave what!!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is driving me mad, ok opted out, signed up again same password, got email welcoming me, go to wifi connections click on bt fon put details in , connects!
Go to fon page won't accept email and password, link to see if you are opted in go to that, asks for details put them in let's me in says I'm opted in, back to fon page wrong email or password, what more can I do:Doh::Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bt fon update

:Doh: finally got through to someone, useing ring back , but he's told me a load of rubbish I think, said I couldn't connect to fon so he tells me to go to www.bt.com/fon and see if I can logon there well it did but it's just another part of the mybt site so he says I have got to use that to connect abroad, and left it at that, but after coming off I thought what an idiot I am , :Doh::Doh:, how the hell can I log in on that if I haven't already got a connection, that's just a web page not a wifi connection:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Did you try this advice? Broken Link Removed

Once approved you should be able to log in via the Partner Portal here: Broken Link Removed

As an aside, I think we have about 4 different threads about FON now. Any chance of these being merged by a mod for the benefit of future reference?

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

Once approved you should be able to log in via the Partner Portal here: Broken Link Removed

As an aside, I think we have about 4 different threads about FON now. Any chance of these being merged by a mod for the benefit of future reference?

Addie the Fon / en / login site is still bringing up this (see pic in attachment) I got this last time I tried

I tried all kinds with them in France now sometimes I can log in to Bt wifi and sometimes I can't.
Cleared passwords, history and everything else and tried again. I am going to contact them again!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 16
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

i have followed the advice on ALL the threads and am now able to log in to the fon site. you must use the right side and state your a BT customer that will take you to your BT login:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
i have followed the advice on ALL the threads and am now able to log in to the fon site. you must use the right side and state your a BT customer that will take you to your BT login:thumb:
Phil are you using a laptop or pad/phone? I think my problems may be my iPhone/iPad will try when I can on laptop:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Phil are you using a laptop or pad/phone? I think my problems may be my iPhone/iPad will try when I can:thumb:

all 3. i did trash and redownload the app to my phone and tablet, as they have been updated recently and not automatic updated as far as i can tell. i then opted out on the bt account then back in and all was sorted:thumb:

oh, on my phone i have a HTC on andriod coming up to 3 year old and the new app needed a newer level of operating system than was on my phone so i had to manually upgrade the phone and that sorted the app.
hope that helps:thumb:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Could anyone take a screenshot of the FON login page next time before they log into an SFR with FON hotspot?

If you are not sure how, instructions for every device can be found here:
http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

:thumb:

i then opted out on the bt account then back in and all was sorted:thumb::

I believe that this is the key, as per this advice:
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
My Fon router arrived today and I seemed to be able to register it within a few mins and my account has been verified.

I can log on using the MyPlace internet access but can't get on using Fon_Free Internet - my username and password are not recognised on my windows machines and my iPad takes me to an Apple store / iTunes type page but not further. I can't see what it is meant to show as the image is not displayed.

I've reset my password and tried logging onto to the Broken Link Removed page which tells me that my username and password do not match - via the Fon membership - I am not with BT (I'm with Virgin Media).

I've tried other log ons including the one for the Fon_Free (Broken Link Removed) and get "It is currently not possible to login, please try again later. (Code 302)"

Can someone help because I've spent far more time trying to solve this than I would have expected and am getting really frustrated.

Thanks,

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Update:

I still can't log on.

I thought that it was working but i was just accessing the free 30 mins connection. I had naively thought that I would only need to register with Fon once but it seems that I need to do it several times (when registering my router, installing the BT app on my ipad and thirdly, when logging on to the landing page when connecting to the free_fon wireless signal) and it still fails.

I still also have problems using my android phone - the BT app doesn't recognise my username and password and only gives me the option to retry entering my username and password or visit the BT website.

Is there a minimum time between registering and being able o use the free wifi?

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi

I think you do have to wait a while before you can log into Fon spots, go to fon.com and log into your account and see what status you Fon router is, is it online or offline. Mine keeps putting itself off line and I have to take the power off and then back on and it registers itself.

Martin

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can someone help because I've spent far more time trying to solve this than I would have expected and am getting really frustrated.

Your FON box has a 'heatbeat' which is checked every couple of hours, so funflair is right when they say you have to wait a few hours. If it still doesn't work this morning, open a support ticket with FON and explain your problem. They are best placed to check the issue and get back to you with a possible solution - usually same day I believe.

You can open a ticket here: Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have give up on bt fon, just too much hassle , I have spent hours on it , and still nogo iv opted out waited two days opted in again , had emails saying it's working checked and rechecked password, still nothing it will let me in to btfon here but if go too btfon.com and try to get I there it just sends me back to see if I am opted in and I can get in there and it does say opted in.
I have no way of seeing if it works abroad till I go but it don't look good, so just can't spend anymore time on it , it's driving me nuts.:Sad:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have give up on bt fon, just too much hassle , I have spent hours on it , and still nogo iv opted out waited two days opted in again , had emails saying it's working checked and rechecked password, still nothing it will let me in to btfon here but if go too btfon.com and try to get I there it just sends me back to see if I am opted in and I can get in there and it does say opted in.
I have no way of seeing if it works abroad till I go but it don't look good, so just can't spend anymore time on it , it's driving me nuts.:Sad:

I guess that BT are to blame in this instance. Perhaps just easier to buy a FON box ;)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've logged onto BT fon and get this message:
Hi! --. Welcome to My Fon
alien You are currently an Alien

I set up my router yesterday, around 4pm. Lights shining, signal broadcasting & I can log on to the myplaces connection. I can't log on to the open signal being broadcasted from my router - my username and password are not recognised.

So far, I'm not impressed :(

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've logged onto BT fon and get this message:
Hi! --. Welcome to My Fon
alien You are currently an Alien

I set up my router yesterday, around 4pm. Lights shining, signal broadcasting & I can log on to the myplaces connection. I can't log on to the open signal being broadcasted from my router - my username and password are not recognised.

So far, I'm not impressed :(

If you are an Alien, your FON box is not linked to your FON account - perhaps a different username and password combination was used, or you FON box is not correctly configured.

This is why you cannot use your username and password. See attached my login page.

Remember that FON has nothing to do with BT.

Have you opened a ticket? Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• fon.jpg
    fon.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks. https://www.fon.com/en/userzone is the page that I can log onto.
I raised the help desk query last night.

I guess that the fon box is not configured correctly then as I have used the same username and password for all log ons and registrations.

I understood that I would use the BT app to show open wifis as the Fon one does not work on my android device (android 4.3) and I could not get it from the UK iOS shop.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I understood that I would use the BT app to show open wifis as the Fon one does not work on my android device (android 4.3) and I could not get it from the UK iOS shop.

You can use the BT app to show you the locations, however using the app in conjunction with a FON login (as you don't have a BT account) can be problematic as the BT app is set to override the web based login screen provided by a BT WiFi hotspot in order to log you in automatically.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks. https://www.fon.com/en/userzone is the page that I can log onto.
I raised the help desk query last night.

I guess that the fon box is not configured correctly then as I have used the same username and password for all log ons and registrations.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
sfr fon page

This is from last year in france,username is your email ad that you used to set up passord is the one you use to logon to your fon or fonera site.

Attachments

• sfr-fon.jpg
    sfr-fon.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 23
  • sfr-fon-on.jpg
    sfr-fon-on.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 20

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you are an Alien, your FON box is not linked to your FON account - perhaps a different username and password combination was used, or you FON box is not correctly configured.

This is why you cannot use your username and password. See attached my login page.

Remember that FON has nothing to do with BT.

Have you opened a ticket? Broken Link Removed

I've wasted another evening trying to sort this out and it still doesn't work. Could you explain how to link my FON account to my FON box and how to configure the box? The instructions that came with the box and those are on the web are inadequate.

My latest frustration is getting this message: http://www.fon.com/en/main/errorSignalError#image which states that I am not connected to the Myplaces wifi signal when I am. I am trying to check every registration option that I can find as I still appear to be an alien, even though I have set up my profile to show my location etc.

Thanks

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I use BT at my work and am registered to use FON or wifi .

I am surrounded at my house with BT users so I have automatically set up my home pc to log on to available wifi with my BT password ect, so ,
I don`t need to buy home broadband:thumb:

I took the same details to France last year and found the odd FON site but it would not connect , it was easier to use my £3 per day for calls and Vodafone data connection through my phone.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I am using Virgin Media for my internet - very fast etc. The Myplace connection works well. My open wifi doesn't allow me to connect, I am still an Alien according to Fon and if I can't get connected in France, I will be mightily peeved - that was the main point in getting it.

I am not an expert on setting up networks but have set up several Wi-Fi systems in the past so am not clueless but have failed with this one. The basic instructions make it sound easy to do .... I can't work out what I have done wrong or why I am can't connect.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Mattyjwr

I dont know if this is the same as your instructions, but might be worth a look.

You need to do the registration bit halfway down.

Link Removed

Good luck.

Martin

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've wasted another evening trying to sort this out and it still doesn't work. Could you explain how to link my FON account to my FON box and how to configure the box? The instructions that came with the box and those are on the web are inadequate.

I can't agree that the instructions provided are inadequate. We've been recommending these boxes for almost two years and have had very positive feedback with regards to their ease of use. However, we often find that its actually the people who are more technically minded that run into difficulties as we perhaps over think things of miss something (myself very much included).

The process is very simpl ;)

1.) Connect your FON box to your router.

2.) Log onto your 'My Place' WiFi signal using the password on the reverse of the router.

3.) Type 192.168.10.1 into your web browser. The password is admin.

4.) If you have followed in instructions correctly, at the bottom of the above page it will say:

'FON - ONLINE'.

5.) What I would probably recommend you do here is start from scratch. Select 'SYSTEM' from the menu top right and choose 'FACTORY DEFAULTS'.

6.) Repeat steps 1-3 as above, this time click on the envelope to register your Fonera

Broken Link Removed

You will be redirected the below page for you to fill out the form. I am a Linus rather than a bill.

Broken Link Removed

Once you press submit you should now be online.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks Addie. I will try again when I get home. From memory though, I followed the instructions from the booklet, went on to register.fon.com, typed in the MAC & pin code and completed the forms, adding my username and password and then, when prompted, my geographic location resulting in a map appearing to show the signal coming from my address.

I didn't link to Facebook and tried and failed to download the apps that would work on my iPad and Nexus.

I believe that all of the screens etc. gave me the impression that I was registered and connected.

I have just received a help desk response which says that my box is not registered and they have sent me this link to show how it is done: Broken Link Removed

This is the same procedure that I followed.

I will try again and thank you for your patience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back