The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” (1 Viewer)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Even those of you who don't speak foreign will get the idea.

For some time our plan has been to leave home on New Years Day and seek warmer weather in Portugal until Easter.

Delay no. 1 - doctor insists that I go for a minor (I hope) test thing next week so departure deferred until Wednesday 3rd

? delay no. 2 - weather has turned to ****, it has rained or similar every day for over a week and all the stuff that belongs in the MH is spread around indoors. Forecast no longer predicts fine but cold for the next week or so and now says rain varying only in intensity. I don't see any problems in loading up but SWMBO says non, nyet, nein etc - "it will be packed away for almost a week and I don't want to have to sort out mouldy stuff".

Oh well, suppose it serves me right for believing that PPPPPP.

How do other mere males cope pls?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Even those of you who don't speak foreign will get the idea.

For some time our plan has been to leave home on New Years Day and seek warmer weather in Portugal until Easter.

Delay no. 1 - doctor insists that I go for a minor (I hope) test thing next week so departure deferred until Wednesday 3rd

? delay no. 2 - weather has turned to ****, it has rained or similar every day for over a week and all the stuff that belongs in the MH is spread around indoors. Forecast no longer predicts fine but cold for the next week or so and now says rain varying only in intensity. I don't see any problems in loading up but SWMBO says non, nyet, nein etc - "it will be packed away for almost a week and I don't want to have to sort out mouldy stuff".

Oh well, suppose it serves me right for believing that PPPPPP.

How do other mere males cope pls?
Why can't you load up anyway, and put a small heater in it

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i find that alcohol and loud music helps to mute the wife's nagging. if it gets too bad, i even give her some alcohol too

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Whilst not keen to load mh themselves, they are less keen to unload it. A determined sit in drivers seat, start engine and begin to drive off often brings matters to a head.

From then on look forward to undisturbed solo motorhoming.

OP
OP
L

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Somewhat unexpectedly, today turned out to be a no-rain, bit of sun reasonably warm sort of day so have made a start on loading up the stuff that would suffer if it got wet en-route from front door.. Also the outdoor sort of stuff is my responsibility so I've done that. Even got around to replacing a small torpedo type bulb in the side marker light (white/red plastic lens thingy that was an advisory at the CT).

EHU in place, fired up the small heater (whether needed or not) so earned a brownie point or two. All done to the delicate music of The Doors.

Have a good evening all of you - try not to get caught doing anything you would not wish to be caught doing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back