The Best Country in the World (1 Viewer)

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thats why you`re lot built more castles here to run and hide in than any where else ! chicken the lion heart :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks Jim i enjoyed the banter
from one proud welshman to a proud english man :thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The only thing they're certain of is the Welsh are the English that ran away into the hills:ROFLMAO:

Not so my GERMAN motorhomer...

We were here 1st, you are just a mongrel migrant from Germany/Holland etc..

We, THE WELSH and the Cornish and Jocks are the only true Brits...

Now, lets see, if we charge rent from 1066 at a rate yet to be determined, that means that you English are in debt to us true Brits,,,

Those who drive GERMAN motorhomes will have to pay double (yes Burstner owners [Besides Treacle] will have to pay even more...)

So there you have it, the truth at long last, we the true Brits, a nation of thoroughbred, not some mixed up nation of donkeys..

So in 1966 it was Germany v Germany, so 'England' have not won the world cup, see more propoganda.

Hell, they did not even win the RWC in 2004, that was Germany also...

So next 6 Nations it will be...

France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Scotland
Wales

German_Rugby_Eagle.png

http://www.rugby-verband.de/

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a thought,,,,

You canhave your own English/German saint...

Look.,,

Saint Boniface (Latin: Bonifacius) (c. 680 – 5 June 754), the Apostle of the Germans, born Winfrid, Wynfrith, or Wynfryth in the [HI]kingdom of Wessex, probably at Crediton [/HI](now in [HI]Devon, England[/HI]), was a missionary who propagated Christianity in the Frankish Empire during the 8th century. He is the patron saint of Germany and the first archbishop of Mainz.

Sorted ...

No more St George....

Its Saint Boniface

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why are you Celts so tied up in the past. Why not go back a few more years and were all African. in fact... this guy looks familiar:ROFLMAO:

WitchDoctor.jpg

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Why are you Celts so tied up in the past. Why not go back a few more years and were all African. in fact... this guy looks familiar:ROFLMAO:

WitchDoctor.jpg

On a serious note, I do have some doubts as to the 'Out of Africa' theory..

It does not stack up, as far as I am concerned...,

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18093-chinese-challenge-to-out-of-africa-theory.html

http://www.livescience.com/17248-arabian-artifacts-humans-africa.html

http://www.livescience.com/17248-arabian-artifacts-humans-africa.html

http://www.edge.org/conversation/rethinking-out-of-africa

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z9NWJrWKRY[/ame]

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'd rather be out of Africa than out of Merthyr:ROFLMAO:

The real genetic studies suggest it is so, I know a lot of people hate the idea, but for every report you can find debunking it you'll find many, many more in support.

Serious question. Why do some Celts hate the English celebrating a day, I just took a look at here at St David day threads and there are plenty and in none of those did I see any English, hijack or deride it, the other way round you can't help yourselves, snapping at our heels like an annoying Yorkshire terrier. (Yorkshire an English county with twice the population of Wales)

As for the six nations... I can't wait.. You might have to do a bit more scrolling Shifty:thumb:::bigsmile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
At the end of the day we are all from the same place. It is attitude that separates us in my mind.

Some of the best people in the world are Welsh, my wife and Jim's wife for example. This means that our kids could play for Wales so it is not such a big deal. It really isn't a club that is select.

Luckily, like my four boys, I know that James is a staunch England supporter
so we will never face that dilemma :roflmto:

Funny really! How often do I sit in England reading threads about how good Scotland is or how brilliant Wales is, from people who can't be bothered to live there:winky: Long live England and the English people that live here!

Eddie

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Said in jest? Possibly...
But, there is always a but, its the impression it gives..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/features/3634345/30-reasons-why-we-hate-the-French.html
1. Because they're losers
Rugby matches played by England against France since 1906: 89. We've won 47; they've won 35. Draws: 7.

2. Because they're aggressive
Wars fought against France since 1066: 35. We've won 23; they've won 11. Mutual defeats: 1 (American War of Independence).

3. Because of Napoleon
200 French streets, monuments and institutions commemorate the era of Napoleon, the inventor of totalitarian dictatorship.

4. And because of the Napoleon Complex
While Napoleon was actually 5ft 6.5in tall, his aggression may have stemmed from "strikingly small, infantile and undersized genitals", as revealed in his autopsy. The organ in question measured 1.25in.

5. Because they make love more than anyone else
On average, that's 137 times a year; we only manage 119 times.

6. Because everyone believes they're great lovers
But when asked about Napoleon's love-making, French good-time girl Marguerite Josephine Weimer remarked that the Duke of Wellington was "beaucoup le plus fort". Today, just 23 per cent of French people are happy with their sex lives compared to 25 per cent of Brits.

7. Because they love yappy dogs
More than nine per cent of French dog owners have a poodle.

8. But they won't clean up after them
French dog owners refuse to pick up the 5,840 tonnes of dog-doo dropped on their streets each year.

9. Because they're allergic to customer service
In London eateries, it takes an average 3.4 minutes to get a glass of water once a waiter has been alerted; in Paris it takes 17.9 minutes.

10. Because they're rude
The "Paris Syndrome" is a medically recognised type of depression which afflicts foreign visitors, caused by the sustained rudeness of French people to outsiders.

11. Because they can't wait
Many French men still prefer the convenience of a trottoir to the public WC.

12. Because they lack humour
Before the Revolution, the French spoke of l'esprit (wit), or la farce (joke) but the word "humour" had no equivalent. Not until 1932 did the French Academy allow l'humour into the language.

13. Because we've been allowed to believe that French women don't get fat
Current diet books claim that French women are thin because they eat only fresh produce, and slowly. However, French obesity rates are exploding and one in four French women is on some kind of mood-altering medication. Of course they're not hungry – they're stoned.

14. Because they do things the wrong way
The French take more suppositories than the rest of Europe combined. In 2006, they shoved 235 tonnes of pharmaceuticals up themselves. That's equivalent to 1,850 Gérard Depardieus (approx.).

15. That goes for their wildlife, too
In 1998 alone, 25 million geese and ducks were force-fed in battery farms to make foie gras: the €20 hors d'oeuvre.

16. Because they love Jerry
In 1963, Jerry Lewis's The Nutty Professor was voted "Best Film" in France. Le Roi du Crazy, as Lewis is known over there, holds the Legion of Honour, traditionally awarded only to victorious French generals: pretty rare.

17. And they hate Gerry
In 2005, national treasure Gérard Depardieu announced he was leaving France because: "Only the British understand me… They have a great sense of humour. It is the French who are cretins".

18. Because they think their cooking is the best in the world
They boasted 26 three-starred restaurants in the 2005 Michelin Guide. However, the guide is a French institution. Could that be why the UK had only three? Coincidence, non?

19. Because of their incessant wining
Does France still make the best wine? Not if you go by the infamous Paris Wine Tasting of 1976, when an English wine merchant organised a "blind" tasting before a jury of French experts. To their horror, they rated Californian wines as winners in both the red and white wine categories. The French press first denied any tasting had happened, then claimed the results were fixed.

20. You can't trust their wine labels either
In one 2002 case, a Burgundian vintner got jailed for rebottling 4,000 hectolitres of Algerian plonk as a much more expensive Bordeaux.

21. Because they took the cow pat… and turned it into a hat
Well, that's what the beret is, isn't it?

22. Because their legendary "Va Va Voom" is a lie
They only spend an average 19.2 minutes on foreplay. The British take 22.5 minutes.

23. Because 50 per cent of them don't even associate sex with pleasure
And 23 per cent say they would be "relieved" not to have sex for several months.

24. Because they patented the kiss
In fact, there is no actual word for "French Kiss" in French. It is simply embrasser avec la langue (literally, to kiss with the tongue). Colloquially it is referred to as rouler une pelle (to roll the spade). Only in Quebec is it "frencher".

25. Because they're big bullies
The French shoot, poison, trap, crush, stuff and then eat almost anything smaller than themselves. Box-nets are laid down across the Aquitaine countryside to trap skylarks, while Languedoc hunters blast turtledoves out of the sky.

26. Because the French health service is the best in the world
However, during a 2003 heat wave, the French health services, rated as a "world best" by the WHO, failed to prevent the deaths of 16,300 elderly people.

27. Because their country doesn't work
Employers have to pay social security taxes equal to 48 per cent of each employee's salary, so they take on fewer people, and France's unemployment rate has hovered around 10 per cent for a decade.

28. Because they get up our noses
Forty per cent of French men, and 25 per cent of women, do not change their underwear daily – and only 47 per cent bathe every day (compared to 70 per cent of the British).

29. Because they invented Sadism
France is not only the birthplace of the Marquis de Sade but also of Renault's flirty series of Ben and Sophie "Eiffel Tower v Blackpool Tower" TV ads. Talk about torture…

30. Because it's taken them a thousand years to admit we're better than them
"The standard of life of the British is higher than that of the French," said M. le President Nicolas Sarkozy, in his 2006 autobiography. Finally.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
At the end of the day we are all from the same place. It is attitude that separates us in my mind.

Some of the best people in the world are Welsh, my wife and Jim's wife for example. This means that our kids could play for Wales so it is not such a big deal. It really isn't a club that is select.

Luckily, like my four boys, I know that James is a staunch England supporter
so we will never face that dilemma :roflmto:

Funny really! How often do I sit in England reading threads about how good Scotland is or how brilliant Wales is, [HI]from people who can't be bothered to live there[/HI]:winky: Long live England and the English people that live here!

Eddie

Best one yet Eddie, please remind me which part of England SA409UT is in?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Not according to my map, its in WALES.

Oh yes and......

"Red Kite Camping is a certificated 5 van site on a hill in [HI]West Wales [/HI]overlooking the [HI]Teifi Valley[/HI] and the [HI]Cambrian mountains[/HI] "
Link Removed

Now Houdini Smiff, get out of that one! :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My little corner of England is Welsh though Shiftzz.

Eddie is on a wind up.

I moved into England to grab me a wife and some financial spoils.

When the time is right I will hot foot it back to Gods Country with wife and spoils.::bigsmile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Best one yet Eddie, please remind me which part of England SA409UT is in?

Think of them as missionaries, after all they only moved there to educate the natives! so that doesn't count!

Some one has to help the children! most of them can't even talk properly! Leave the valleys and no one else in the world can communicate with them

Should be reported for child abuse, some folk should be! That's child cruelty that is! Bringing them up, telling them that there "special" only to go to Newport for a Cultural day out and find everyone else in the World speaks English!

A bit like paper folding! quaint but pointless really!

Eddie

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Think of them as missionaries, after all they only moved there to educate the natives! so that doesn't count!

Some one has to help the children! most of them can't even talk properly! Leave the valleys and no one else in the world can communicate with them

Should be reported for child abuse, some folk should be! That's child cruelty that is! Bringing them up, telling them that there "special" only to go to Newport for a Cultural day out and find everyone else in the World speaks English!

A bit like paper folding! quaint but pointless really!

Eddie

Eddie, were were you on Opportunity Knocks?

If you want poverty and the opportunity to educate (mission impossible) then try some of the inner cities in Ingerland (England takes its name from the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes )

Treacle, lets start a list of post revolution Wales... I will PM you, but Old Mo has to be top.....

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Eddie, were were you on Opportunity Knocks?

If you want poverty and the opportunity to educate (mission impossible) then try some of the inner cities in Ingerland (England takes its name from the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes )

Treacle, lets start a list of post revolution Wales... I will PM you, but Old Mo has to be top.....

Who mentioned poverty? I just wondered about the sanity of educating dying languages to kids who can only talk to each other ? Save the money and help the people of Wales that's what I say.

Having said that, I guess I don't really understand the situation being part of a Nation, so successful that, pretty much anywhere I go, I can speak my language (obviously except West across the boarder where they speak it out of principle, and God bless 'em)

The other thing I love is Glastonbury in the Summer where they dress up in Medieval gear and have a Peasants Market every Tuesday!

I love all that sort of stuff:thumb:

Eddie

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Language,,
Yes, that the lazy part of being English, you expect everyone else to accommodate you, is that something to do with ignorance and the Empire.

I would tread very carefully Eddie, Welsh may not be the most spoken language on earth, actually neither is English, the most popular is Mandarin. I pity those who live in such a sad world, of being mono linguistic, and the arrogance of such a statement and see no point in a 'minority language', now I understand where the paranoia of the English visiting Wales and the Welsh apparently having the audacity to speak their native language.

Every year I watch the scoring of the Eurovision Song contest and I am gladdened that the only country, so far, who had decline to be Anglicized is France, long may that continue.

English is a bastard language a West Germanic language that originating from the Anglo-Frisian and Old Saxon dialects brought to Britain by Germanic settlers from various parts of what is now northwest Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands.

Welsh on the other hand is at least 400 years older than this hybrid language you call English.

Saunders Lewis, Lewis Valentine, and D.J. Williams will be spinning in their graves at the sacrifices that they made and the betrayal by the Tory party along with your wish for the demise of such a beautiful language.

Eighteen out of the fifty-six signatories of the Declaration of Independence were of Welsh descent, and one of them, Francis Lewis, the delegate from New York, was born in Wales.

Tread carefully, we may not be that obvious, but, everywhere you go there will be some Welsh influence.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Why do the people think that England (or Wales or Scotland or France) is the "best country in the world"?

Dare I suggest they think so because...

A) They were born in that country (something they had no choice over.)

B) They are constantly told it is as they grow up both at home and at school. (Brain washed.)

C) They have been to a few other countries and not found things to their liking... different bread, sausages, pies etc...

I don't know which is the "best country in the world" because I do not know about all the countries in the world so I am unable to judge...

But I know to my own satisfaction that Portugal is warmer and sunnier than England and the people are more friendly to strangers... and France also has a great deal to offer as well :winky:

How about we all stop bickering and go motorhoming?

JJ :Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why do the people think that England (or Wales or Scotland or France) is the "best country in the world"?

:

JJ - If I had to explain you wouldn't understand. - its a Welsh thing::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Want some Salt on that chip:RollEyes: ::bigsmile:

Language,,
Yes, that the lazy part of being English, you expect everyone else to accommodate you, is that something to do with ignorance and the Empire.

I would tread very carefully Eddie, Welsh may not be the most spoken language on earth, actually neither is English, the most popular is Mandarin. I pity those who live in such a sad world, of being mono linguistic, and the arrogance of such a statement and see no point in a 'minority language', now I understand where the paranoia of the English visiting Wales and the Welsh apparently having the audacity to speak their native language.

Every year I watch the scoring of the Eurovision Song contest and I am gladdened that the only country, so far, who had decline to be Anglicized is France, long may that continue.

English is a bastard language a West Germanic language that originating from the Anglo-Frisian and Old Saxon dialects brought to Britain by Germanic settlers from various parts of what is now northwest Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands.

Welsh on the other hand is at least 400 years older than this hybrid language you call English.

Saunders Lewis, Lewis Valentine, and D.J. Williams will be spinning in their graves at the sacrifices that they made and the betrayal by the Tory party along with your wish for the demise of such a beautiful language.

Eighteen out of the fifty-six signatories of the Declaration of Independence were of Welsh descent, and one of them, Francis Lewis, the delegate from New York, was born in Wales.

Tread carefully, we may not be that obvious, but, everywhere you go there will be some Welsh influence.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Language,,

Well I guess that that is the difference, I see myself, as I stated in a previous post and British and part of the Human race. We all come the same source.

You remind me of people that I used to do business with in Northern Ireland during the troubles, Motorhome Ireland. They thought of themselves and very modern and cosmopolitan. They even boasted that they sent their children to a "mixed" school. In that, they didn't mean boys and girls, or black and white they meant Catholic and Protestant.

I was training their sales staff over an open weekend (which didn't mean Sundays:Eeek:) I was introduced to charming couple, and we chatted amiably for some time. Me, them and the owners of Motorhome Ireland. When the couple left, I remarked what charming people they were. Yes, and their Protestant!

That is the difference, it is not the arrogance of the English. I don't really care, keep your language, it has little value in todays world other an amusing a small group of people in real terms.

You say proudly "Eighteen out of the fifty-six signatories of the Declaration of Independence were of Welsh descent, and one of them, Francis Lewis, the delegate from New York, was born in Wales" I say: I don't blame them I wouldn't stay there either! However, you normally hate the Yanks more than the English!

The World is getting smaller and smaller, and languages are dying, the same as every language has evolved, bastardisation is how languages are shaped and evolved. Just look at things like "see you in a tick" or "hang on a mo" or in Welsh "Pwy yw côt y siaced" Even Stacy from Gavin & Stacey in her beautiful Welsh lilt "That's lush, that is" Is this the language that the people that live on this island used 1000 years ago?

Our forefathers of ten generations wouldn't recognise what we speak now, the same as the Welsh that is spoken today, would be in comprehensible to a Welshman (or who ever was living in Wales) then.

So to try to keep a language alive for the sake of it, you have to ask "what are you preserving?" In "Only fools and Horses" Trigger is proud that he has had his broom for 13 years. Obviously I need to change the head and the handle every now and again. So what was original and was had been retained and preserved?

As for arrogance how do you know who I interact with the locals when I am abroad?

Frankly the truth is, out of courtesy, I normally try to speak in the local lingo, I am normally, immediately "sussed" as English and the normal request is to speak in English as most are desperate to conquer English themselves. This is it is the language used for Worldwide communication, Navigation, Flight and is the number one language for internet use by nearly 100,000,000 users over Chinese.

So as we look more and more into space to see the future, I for one believe that the solution is to be part of the human race and look to the future, not to bleat on about what happened a hundred years ago. Anything you quote is either someone's best guess, or the propaganda written by the victors! Either way, not worth spending your life brooding over, and getting all bitter!

Look forward to the day when we play the Martians at Rugby and Team Earth beats them to win the Intergalactic Cup!

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back