The beginning of a new life....the "good" life (?) . (1 Viewer)

Kesriel

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Stamford
Funster No
MH
In process of purchasing
Exp
(Hopefully) 2016
My knowledge of any online forum is extremely limited so please forgive me if this is not as it should be! :unsure:

This thread is supposed to "introduce" me but my life is so very very different now than it was six months ago that i tend to look much more into what my life is becoming and how it will be rather than what it once was - so rather than "introduce" myself with all that i was, I'd like to introduce myself with all that i hope to be....if that's okay?

i :h:the "Laird of Dunstan". He is my man and, just to say those words, makes me incredibly happy and unbelievably proud. He has given me a future and he IS my future. (i am sooooo going to get into trouble when he reads this!!!) :blusher:.

We are in the process of actively downsizing our work lives, though this will take possibly a year or so, it will happen and in the meantime we are going to start travelling around the UK, beginning with the Hay Festival, in May in his caravan with our three small dogs. We have already decided upon the motorhome that we want, having viewed it at the NEC Motorhome show earlier this year and plan to go over to Europe to order it directly later this year so that it will be ready for 2016.

We're not rushing into this. We have no wish to make mistakes. Slowly and surely and, hopefully, safely - we have already received invaluable advice, assistance and support from The Lairds previous conversations with Funsters on this forum and i thank you all. :*

One of my "interests" is writing and i am hoping to commence a blog, whether it is a personal journal or a more shared enterprise, about the on-going experience of commencing and undergoing this journey - both physical and emotional - together.

so....to "introduce" myself i will simply say HELLO.:smiley:
That it is so very wonderful to "meet" you all and that i hope, in time, to meet some of you in person rather than purely in print.
Take care of yourselves and each other. We are blessed to have this world to explore, let's take care of it.

With hugs and hope.....kes...xxx

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
A big Welcome from Devon sounds like you will fit in well

animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Nice to meet you Kesriel. We are embarking on the same journey, except for the work thing. My man is disabled so different issues for us to tackle. However, our two dogs will be journeying with us. House went on the market Thursday, so fingers crossed it sells soon. That will be step one crossed off the list! Good luck with your plans.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Nice to meet you Kesriel. We are embarking on the same journey, except for the work thing. My man is disabled so different issues for us to tackle. However, our two dogs will be journeying with us. House went on the market Thursday, so fingers crossed it sells soon. That will be step one crossed off the list! Good luck with your plans.
Hi Cat
you are not far from us ,we are in Stamford , maybe we can meet up some time , kes is waiting on her membership being put through and will be posting again once that happens:)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Cat
you are not far from us ,we are in Stamford , maybe we can meet up some time , kes is waiting on her membership being put through and will be posting again once that happens:)

That would be fun. Look forward to it. :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Welcome. Although I'm not sure I like the other half thing.. I like having my quiet space.

Anyway, change is the only constant as they say and we, like you are beginning the slow process of altering our lives. With some luck, for the better. Good luck to you and I look forward to reading about your journey

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kesriel

Kesriel

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Stamford
Funster No
MH
In process of purchasing
Exp
(Hopefully) 2016
Goodness...what a tremendously welcoming group you all are!! :) THANK you.....
Whoop Whoop - I'm a funster (y)
Now to take a small, daily, step towards beginning that plan.....We're both so tired of the weekly Sunday-sadness and increased Sunday-stress-level as we know that another working week is about to commence. We've finally had enough and are, metaphorically, throwing open the windows to state that "We're as mad as hell (please insert "quite nicely nuts" here) and we're not going to take it any more" ;)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Well said kessy, these Monday morning rises at 5.30 am are dull ,I've been on site since 6.45 , my body feels like it's 5.45 with the clock change , I could go back to sleep :sleep:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back