Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Aftrer a sucessful MOT a t trip was bound to be on the cards. So off to Leominster on Weds with a 1956 Tractor as a towed. Beast behaved splendidly but the towed had a mind of its own. Having reached Worcester the trailer hit a pothole and decided to bend, as it did so the tyre shredded leaving me stranded on a very busy road with nightfall approaching. The bolt holding the spare wer so rusted I ha to hacksaw them off. When the spare was bolted on it was clear the axle had bent and I was not going to be towing anywhere. so breakdown services were called and they delivered the tractor and trailer to LadyJann's place in Leominster. We followed on in the van and spent the night in the yard. Leominster is a very interesting place so we stayed a couple of days repairing, it seems during its stay in the field we had picked up an unwanted guest, a field mouse who is now proceeding to chew through the insulation on wiring, so far at least three circuits have been ruined. (Lights, eberspatcher and water pump.) So water pump rewired and solar panel intallation completed. Tomorrow off to birmingham, then Nottingham. Tonight meeting up with Steve 4Kay for a drink. The car park behind the fire station is free, a very short walk from town with adjacent toilets. more to follow, look out for the beast it may be coming your way.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back