The Alde Compact 3020 HE is now compatible with the Truma iNet System (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The Alde Compact 3020 HE is now compatible with the Truma iNet System

The Truma iNet world continues to grow: from April 2018, it will be possible to integrate the Alde Compact 3020 HE heater into the system. This is especially interesting for Alde customers who use, or would like to use, a Truma air conditioning system or Truma LevelControl. They can now operate all appliances conveniently via the iNet System: control the heater and air conditioning system, adjust the automatic climate control and check how much gas they have – all with one app.

iNet-ready heater control panel

Customers simply connect the iNet Box to the heater and they're ready to go. However, they will need the new Alde control panel, which will be available from April 2018. It can be identified by the ‘iNet ready’ logo that is displayed when the control panel is switched on. If the logo is not there, the touch panel is not iNet ready and must be replaced. This applies to all Compact
3020 HE heaters manufactured between 04/2014 and 04/2018. Older Alde Compact 3010 models cannot be retrofitted with the iNet System.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The Alde guys told me this at the Feb NEC show, so now its seems Gospel. The problem is that there is no real upgrade path for existing users except 3020 where you have to buy a new head as well. So there are going to be a number of in limbo installations in new vans where the old Alde smart is no longer available but the head in the van is the old one! Hopefully all resolved by the end of the year!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I use remote access quite a lot. For example my van is stored in a friends barn in the winter and he has power trips for one reason or another and because the barn is on a separate trip he does not know and so almost daily I can check that the 230vac is still connected to the van. If it gets very cold I can switch on the Alde heating instead of just relying on the small fan heater. Sally wants to go down and have a clean through, I can put the hot water on a couple of hours before she leaves (if I have refilled the system, before anyone jumps). I can monitor the temperatures both inside and outside the van. All useful stuff, for me anyway. The good thing about iNet as far as I can gather is that it will send a text alarm for 230vac failure which the Alde smart does not.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The Alde guys told me this at the Feb NEC show, so now its seems Gospel. The problem is that there is no real upgrade path for existing users except 3020 where you have to buy a new head as well. So there are going to be a number of in limbo installations in new vans where the old Alde smart is no longer available but the head in the van is the old one! Hopefully all resolved by the end of the year!!
Not sure what you mean by this.
My 3020 (circs 2016/2017) has an icon which allows you to set the Alde to be controlled by an external system. Would the Truma not "plug" into this or am I missing/simplifying something?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Not sure what you mean by this.
My 3020 (circs 2016/2017) has an icon which allows you to set the Alde to be controlled by an external system. Would the Truma not "plug" into this or am I missing/simplifying something?
Read my first post which is the press release, I know as much as that says.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back