LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So we left Honfleur this morning and drove over the Pont de Normandie aka the "big bridge" class3 cost us €5 ish but that was OK. Then of course we were on the toll road up to the A28 got to the pay booth and it said class4 and about €24 so pushed "help" button and got recorded message in French, waited a while but traffic behind so just paid, soon as paid "bonjour" comes over the speaker. #robbed.

Martin
Absolute disgrace you should be ashamed of yourself.:D

Not only do we hate toll roads we usually drive up the river a bit and take one of the free ferries. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Absolute disgrace you should be ashamed of yourself.:D

Not only do we hate toll roads we usually drive up the river a bit and take one of the free ferries. :)
I know it's disgraceful:LOL: the bit we fancied doing was the bridge which was not bad, we might possibly have got onto non toll after that but to be honest I didn't try, I thought "well how bad can it be" and we had a few miles to do, we didn't do the A16 North after Abbeville but instead used the D928 which is a nice ride straight across to Saint Omer and then joins the A16 just before Dunkirk and straight into Auchan Grande Synthe.

Then it took us 10 minuted to get diesel out of the "wagons" pump, there was a card payment pad on the back of the pump which we kept trying but this was for a different nozzle, easy when you know how;) another one on the learning curve of life.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well the car keys turned up(y) we wondered if the the scroat had taken them to sell on, Jen's brother was looking at getting it recoded and the locks changed.

Anyway they turned up in a spare glasses case in the top drawer, then Jen remembered that must have been her Dads favourite hiding spot, a couple of years ago her Mum was taken into hospital so her Dad was given her rings to take home and put someplace safe and she even told him where to put them, but he forgot:X3:. So whenever he visited she would say did you put my rings safe and he would say "yes of course dear" she would ask "where" and he would say don,t worry I have put them safe.

Cutting a long story short, by the time she gets out of hospital and say's where are my rings he says "they are safe don't worry" eventually about three weeks later they turn up in the same glasses case(y) he had not got a clue where he had hidden them, and we forgot about the glasses case as well;)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@funflair just pick up on this thread i do hop thay cache the bxxxxd unbelievable the cxxxt's in our community's
give me thirty second in a locked room with the twat when thay get him PM me his address.
totally disgusting sxxxe bag scum
i do hope that your MIL will be ok and recovers from her ordeal
bill lyn jay

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
So sorry to read about Jens Mum, absolutely awful. I hope she recovers physically and mentally from her ordeal and I’m sure she will be delighted in seeing you both. Safe travels home x

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So sorry to read about Jens Mum, I’m sure she will be delighted in seeing you both. Safe travels home x
She better be otherwise we are heading straight back to Spain:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Beer festival in Brugge,

C70115D1-FB4C-4A62-8F54-EC7E3AD39F2F.jpeg

Guess who’s driving later:LOL:

Martin

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes certainly in the Birmingham Mail, https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-release-shock-images-great-14240706

And the eagle eyed might spot my deliberate mistake, she is 87 not 85(y) my defence is I was trying to knock a couple of years off for her.

Martin

Martin

I am pleased it has made the Press as it will keep the Police attention on the case and not let it slide unattended into the 'Pending' tray.

I do not know if I posted about doing that or just thought it.

Geoff

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

I am pleased it has made the Press as it will keep the Police attention on the case and not let it slide unattended into the 'Pending' tray.

I do not know if I posted about doing that or just thought it.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

It was the police that arranged it, they took the photos apparently.

Martin

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Martin and Jen hope your ferry is a good crossing and mum is recovering well .Poor love the bruises look horrendous they will heal but how is she in herself?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
In contrast to your rip off Martin, in Castellon today, Rita had a coffee Americano, and I had the most wonderful hot chocolate ever.....................@ €4 for both. (y)
https://translate.google.es/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.tea-pot.es/&prev=search

I don't know how the French can justify their prices. Honfluer, and Le Mont St Michel, are the two dearest locations I have come across for a beer. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

4€ !!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: I'd be annoyed to be asked for 3€ around here. Even on an Mway services it wouldn't be that price . There's not even any milk in the americano!:laughing:

I thought "well how bad can it be" and we had a few miles to do, we didn't do the A16 North after Abbeville but instead used the D928 which is a nice ride straight across to Saint Omer and then joins the A16 just before Dunkirk and straight into Auchan Grande Synthe.

Martin

Yes that is the way I have always gone the last few years & , if not using Bergues aire, it drops you straight down D300 into Dunkirk port.(y)
Nice route as well & if you have a dog that needs his passport done ,in Hesdin there is an english speaking vets next door to Lidls(y)

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
4€ !!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: I'd be annoyed to be asked for 3€ around here. Even on an Mway services it wouldn't be that price . There's not even any milk in the americano!:laughing:

Yes that is the way I have always gone the last few years & , if not using Bergues aire, it drops you straight down D300 into Dunkirk port.(y)
Nice route as well & if you have a dog that needs his passport done ,in Hesdin there is an english speaking vets next door to Lidls(y)

Another vote for that route, Bergues Aire, Auchan and easy into Dunkirk port, which is hassle free compared with queues at Calais, because only one ferry every two hours.

Geoff

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thinking of you and Jen, I'm sure it will be quite a shock when she gets to see her, unbelievable that someone could do that to a lady in her own home. Sending you both a virtual hug.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Gus, I redeemed myself the other day, having by being introduced to the Pensionistas Cafe in Grau. ;)

2 x 330ml Estrellas,
1 x Cafe Americano,
1 x Cafe con Leche,
1 x (very) large Soberano Brandy :eek:

All for around €6.00. (y)

@funflair. Martin & Jen, hope your journey back is progressing well (y)

Rita and I hope that Jan seeing her Mum, isn't too upsetting for her.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just caught up with this thread as have been away. We were both shocked by what we have read, how could anyone do this to an old lady.
Hugs to you both and hope it's not to distressing for Jen when she sees her mum.
Joyce & John xx

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are with MIL now, mad dash from the ferry this morning and been out for lunch with her and Jen’s uncle.

Her Mum seems fine “ish” but still pretty shocked and upset but she is determined do do whatever it takes to catch the B and I get the feeling that she won’t be ruled by the likes of him, we have not seen the bruising yet as it’s all under clothes, last night she was on her own but didn’t sleep too well.

Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Martin your MIL certainly sounds like a lady not to be messed with, I do so hope she gets her wish and he gets caught and put away for quite some time.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
positive (ish) Martin and Jen pleased she is 'brave' enough to stay, but somehow fear she is not really happy to

maybe some form of sheltered accommodation or retirement village type place might need to be considered

D + B x

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
positive (ish) Martin and Jen pleased she is 'brave' enough to stay, but somehow fear she is not really happy to

maybe some form of sheltered accommodation or retirement village type place might need to be considered

D + B x
We went through all the options when her Dad died and she kept coming back to she wants to stay in the house, if anything this could reinforce that feeling as the neighbours have been really supportive.

I think the sheltered option might suite us better but of course it’s not down to us.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

D + B x
Martin isn't that bad yet is he?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
"Mum" sounds like one brave and determined lady, the sort of person who invented
* Girl Power *
:clap2:

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am pleased you have mde it back to MiL.

Are you going to stay around for a bit? Even if you are outside in the MH it might ease her back into confidnce of being alone.

Give her best wishes for a good recovery - physical and mental.

Geoff

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
The generation are made of sterner stuffbut she will still feel very vulnerable .
Glad you are home with her and she was able to go out for lunch!!
Best wishes for you all .
When he is caught he will have a torrid time in prison and quite right too.

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Very sorry to hear this, sincerely hope she is able to fully recover.
Sending healing thoughts her way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back