The £3000 limit (2 Viewers)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Like most things in life cheapest is not usually best. The thought of paying only £300/400 to insure an £80,000 vehicle for extensive and fully comprehensive cover doesn’t sound right to me.
I am very happy to insure an £80,000 motorhome with NFU. They have a good reputation in handling claims. The bits that are missing from the policy are recovery and anything more than basic contents cover. I have arranged separate recovery and the more valuable contents are better covered using my home contents policy.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Like most things in life cheapest is not usually best. The thought of paying only £300/400 to insure an £80,000 vehicle for extensive and fully comprehensive cover doesn’t sound right to me.

Sorry but that is a silly statement in my opinion am with NFU and i pay £450 per year for me and the wife to drive I have full no claims and i insure a 115k new MH with no tracke,r no cat 1 alarm, max £75 windscreen excess £50 if I use approved fitting centre on A class screen, unlimited European cover, 12000miler a year, trailer cover £1000, £250 excess,

Only thing I don't have is breakdown cover with them but I took 5 years out with fiat when new so covered there

Luckily I have not had to claim but NFU are very good with claims according to a farmer friend who has made a few over the years without ever having an issue

Just because its only £450 to insure a 115k MH does not make it a crap policy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back