That's what it's for! (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are in the middle of selling our house and buying another. As the process has gone on the tension has built up as there is a chain involved. :confused: On Monday morning we were both feeling a bit stressed by the delays we were encountering so, at 0930hrs my wife said, "why don't we have a couple of days away?"

At 1005hrs we rolled out of the drive for a couple of days stress relief.

That's what's for!(y):)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We were in a very similar position in July 2012 when we were selling up in Yorkshire and moving to Cornwall. All was going swimmingly, we had arranged removal man to take our stuff down to the new house, arranged for new white goods to be delivered and got remission from the sellers to put everything in the new house two days before we moved in. Then the day before we were due to set off south, me driving the MH and Sue the car, our solicitor rang to say there would be a delay of one week on exchange of contracts, but "that won't matter will it? You can get the removal firm to come next week."

As you can imagine, stoney silence from my end followed by a less than complimentary comment on the solicitor'so competence.

The upshot was that we had to have the furniture delivered to storage (£300 for a week) and had to stay in the van at Veryan Club site, which fortunately is only 5 miles from us, also for a week, right in the middle of the school hols, cost £250. That was the most stressful week we have ever endured and I swore that my next move of house will be in a wooden box. So enjoy your break, you deserve it! Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@HymerB544

Couldn't give that story a "like" for obvious reasons! What a nightmare.:eek:

Did you get any recompense from the Solicitor for your extra costs incurred?

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Surprisingly, because solicitors make Tykes and Scots look like Viv Nicholson when it comes to shelling out their cash, yes! But only after much writing and pointing out that if it hadn't been for the purchasers of our house tipping us off that their was a problem, we wouldn't have found out until it was far too late. What I didn't mention in the earlier comment was that the call from our solicitor was prompted by an email from me, asking if there was any truth in what our purchasers had told us. If I'd had any hair to pull out, I would have, but as you can see my combs are a distant memory. Funny thing is until I saw this thread I'd forgotten all about it!

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are currently in the position of only one person left in the chain awaiting their mortgage offer but we cannot contact them direct, hence the jitters.

Glad you got sorted out but hope we don't have a similar experience.
Good luck for the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back