That's the beauty of motorhomes! (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Wake up yesterday morning, say to my wife "Shall we go to France for a few weeks?"

Wake up this morning at the front of the queue in Dover and now on the ferry and sailing out (it's 07:30 as I write this)

Drove down from Glasgow yesterday, check in with Myferrylink, park in the boarding lane ready for the 07:00 ferry today.

Nice!

Tara for now :)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm really missing having a motorhome. House is just about finished, few jobs I can do over the winter.
I was looking online at a cruise to see ( hopefully) the Northern Lights and thought what am I doing??? Find a motorhome (small, must fit on daughters driveway) pack up dogs and cat and drive to Scotland after Xmas. No fretting about animals in boarding and don't have to make conversation with people I'll never meet again.

Enjoy your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks guys

Having a nice cup of coffee near Cassel. Its a bit windy but warm nonetheless

I love France (just stocked up with wine, bread and cheese ........ And 90 litres of diesel at £1.02/litre!)

Vice la France!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Chockswahay, Nice village Cassels but the aire ,we found was just a sloping layby with a waste skip.
I'm very Jellyarse about your trip as we aren't going over till next year, wife wants to go up north this sept.
Terry

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi Fidget, the aire has been relocated behind the sports field and is nice and quiet.

As for 'up North' we thought about that but France won LOL

:D

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks guys

Having a nice cup of coffee near Cassel. Its a bit windy but warm nonetheless

I love France (just stocked up with wine, bread and cheese ........ And 90 litres of diesel at £1.02/litre!)

Vice la France!
1.02, is that right , where did you get that from , cheapest I could find was about 1.25 a month ago

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
At Super U for €1.28 :D

willier

Free Member
Jun 25, 2014
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Same price (£1.02) here in the south of France (Cagne-sur-mer) at Leclerc supermarket.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
1.02, is that right , where did you get that from , cheapest I could find was about 1.25 a month ago
I think he means equivalent to £1.02
It was averaging €1.25-€1.26 when I was over in July and getting €1.24-£1.00 exchange

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Have a great time we are away. Next Friday 2 week trip round Normandy then Brittany .

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Wake up yesterday morning, say to my wife "Shall we go to France for a few weeks?"

Wake up this morning at the front of the queue in Dover and now on the ferry and sailing out (it's 07:30 as I write this)

Drove down from Glasgow yesterday, check in with Myferrylink, park in the boarding lane ready for the 07:00 ferry today.

Nice!

According to my Time and Date countdown a few minutes ago I had 59600580 seconds to go until my final retirement. Reading your post made me smile and think that when them seconds are gone Mrs BB and me will be able to do the same. Have a great time!

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
690 days??

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Nice!

That's the way to do it :france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back