LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well we are back. Just showing how much you can do in a small amount of time.

Left Cheshire Thursday night arrived and stayed on Marine parade for the night.
Up early on Friday morning ferry across and then a 295 mile drive to Polch.. stop the night, party with some Germans we accosted in a bar... I thought I was in with a shout, but turns out they were more interested in Nikki than me. Discuss Brexit and go back to the van after exchanging phone numbers.
Saturday, up and at the Polch walk a round and factory tour. For those that don't know. Polch is where they make the best motorhomes of all the N + B. Saturday night, party like only the Haganaps can. Then, awake to a phone call on Sunday from said Germans inviting us for breakfast and off we go.
Breakfast done and off to Amberg in the fog, and another 279 miles done. Stop on an aire and go to sleep to recover from the party.
Wake up and drive to Prague 147 miles to a sh*t campsite. Park up, sh*t shower shave and off in to Prague for the night, Party hard and back to the van.
Wake up Tuesday, Back in to Prague and a Scrooser tour with a guide around IMO the most beautiful city in the world. Party a bit, but not too hard and back to the van.
Wake Up Wednesday morning, and find that I have never been to Bratislava, Nikki says No, I say Fk it, lets go and I win. Wednesday evening. we arrive in Bratislava having had a tour through Czech republic covering a further 300 miles.
Wake up Thursday Morning and have a look and a run around Bratislava. Lovely place really nice buildings but I have realised we are only a few miles from Budapest. Therefore drive to Budapest and 124 miles and arrive Thursday pm. Stop on a campsite. Wow, shitty place but friendly owners and we are only using it because its location.
Go out in Budapest, what a city!!! love love love... not as nice as Prague but Love it. Go on a riverboat tour and off we go. in to the night on a lovely tour. Stop for a few drinks, fall in love again and return back to base.
Wake up in the morning and I am in love with Nikki again and Budapest but need to head home as I have a meeting in Chester on Monday. But Never been to Vienna and the Xmas markets are on.
Drive 180 miles to Vienna, park up at the most amazing aire... wow wow wow. OMG I love Vienna and it's Xmas markets.... it's sensational... but we only have a night and because of Nikki's condition the Scooter has to come out and we ride the 1/2 hour in to the city. When there we download the electric scooter apps and run around the place on the "Gretta loves me" electric scooters. The buildings stop me in my tracks. I am a bit of an amateur War historian and I see where Hitler studied Art etc etc etc. Nikki buys tat in the markets and we grab a bite to eat... love this place it's just too sexy.

Then wake up on Saturday and start the drive... only 800 miles to Calais and off we go... 600 miles later we arrive at a mining museum in Belgium. Straight to bed and sleep immediately, boy that's some drive. Wake up and off to Calais, arrive relax and get an earlier crossing. but boy I am knackered. Sleep on the ferry, Nikki buys wine, and we arrive back in bilightly for the 260 mile drive back to Cheshire. Woke up Monday, sad, very sad.... it's over, back to work,,,, you have to pay for the next one.

Oh and we bought some new graphics which is what we went for.

Have wheels, Will travel.....
Working to pay for the things we love..

total miles 2500.
Total tideness come work on Monday 9.7 out of 10
Total Fun out of 10 = 11

#just doit
#Stop doubting start believing.
Total Cost = Who cares.. life is too short.
vienna.jpg
scrooers.jpg
Budapest.jpg
cheers.jpg
breakfast.jpg
polch party.jpg
prague.jpg
NB graphics.jpg
NB home.jpg
NB graphics 2.jpg

Average MPG 25.2

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Impressive trip! I don't think we'll be following you though :unsure:

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Fair play, we have done Berlin and back twice in 3 weeks. out thursday night, back sunday night, and raced for 2 days.. monday at work was fun not...

Not hit it as hard as you did though, thats epic.

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Cafe Central, Vienna...

Legend has it that Hitler, Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, Tito and Freud were all sipping coffee there in the summer of 1913, at separate tables of course, before they were "famous". Just anonymous coffee-drinkers among the crowd...

Vienna is a great city. "The Third Man" trail, the Harry Lime doorway, the Riesenrad Ferris Wheel, the Cemetery with the fake grave, the sewer grids. All still there !

Ahh, the Romance. :gum:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Cafe Central, Vienna...

Legend has it that Hitler, Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, Tito and Freud were all sipping coffee there in the summer of 1913, at separate tables of course, before they were "famous". Just anonymous coffee-drinkers among the crowd...

Vienna is a great city. "The Third Man" trail, the Harry Lime doorway, the Riesenrad Ferris Wheel, the Cemetery with the fake grave, the sewer grids. All still there !

Ahh, the Romance. :gum:
Ah Cafe Central, went there especially for a piece of chocolate sachotorte, (a la “hairy bikers European bakeation) only to be told the famous chef that does it had buggered off back to france???

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Krikey, you’ll be sleeping for the next week!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great trip Paul and Nikki (y) next time just slow down a bit;) van looks great.

Martin

Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
FAO Haganap

Great trip.
Where did you stay in
Budapest
Bratislava
Vienna
Prague
If you don't mind sharing?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
FAO Haganap

Great trip.
Where did you stay in
Budapest
Bratislava
Vienna
Prague
If you don't mind sharing?

No problem at all.
we stayed at
Prague--Pragure central camp. shocking campsite, reverse polarity but right in the city terrible facilities.
Budapest we stayed at Haller Camping- shocking campsite poor facilities but a great launderette but right in the city really friendly owners.
Bratislava we stayed at the aire, no facilities but right on the river.
Vienna we stayed at an aire on the campercontact app. Perfektastraße 49, 1230 Wien, Austria-- typically Austrian, clean tidy amazing facilities.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Paul & Nikki thank you for sharing your mad exciting travels no doubt about it the haganap 's know how to party. x

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Great trip guys think id be knackered, did you have this on the CD by any chance?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back