That's it, we've both decided we've had enough!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Minxy Girl, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +26,754
    Me and hubby have been having a good chat and have decided that enough is enough ... we're not going to hang-on and live in limbo anymore ... life's too short and time is marching on so no more treading water and getting fed-up with each other so that's it ... we're going to have a break ... :(

... from home ... to go on holiday in the camper!!!! :Grin:

As for the 'limbo' ... as many will know we've got some issues with our camper and are waiting for it to be sorted, the most major thing being the cracking shower tray ... but we've decided we're not gonna wait around endlessly for it to be sorted (the part is due in by the end of January at the earliest ... not holding my breath!) then we'd have to sort out when we could take it and leave with the dealer to sort it out, by which time we're probably looking mid-late February which is too late for us. We want to be away for hubby's 60th birthday on 12th Feb so have said 'sod it' we're gonna go with or without a fixed shower tray and stay 'smelly' if needs be! :p

I've just booked the Eurotunnel crossings so out in Feb and back towards the end of March in time to allow us a few days to sort out the final payment for our 2nd lodge which is due by 31st.

Just gotta decide exactly where to go to get a bit of sun and hopefully warmer temperatures ... any ideas? NOT Italy or Morocco (too complicated with the dogs).

• Nice One! Nice One! x 24
    • Like it Like it x 16
    • Love it Love it x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

Ratings:
    +3,303
    French Atlantic coast tour down to Spanish border, should be warm enough in February. We'll be going that way in March.
    It seem the west is warmer in winter and the east side is colder, it changes around in summer. Enjoy

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jay0911

Jay0911 Funster

Ratings:
    +297
    Good on you, me and misses have both just quit our jobs to tour Europe for a year in our motorhome with the pooch :) slightly scared as was both well paid but life really is too short, we are leaving similar time to you too, life is for living not for working. Enjoy your travels.

• Like it Like it x 6
    • Love it Love it x 6
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 3
  4. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +24,658
    Just go. :) You will know you can't be sure of sun anywhere at that time of year unless you drive down to Benidorm or thereabouts. As suggested, just amble south through France, avoiding the pointy bits. Although well out on a limb the beaches of Brittany will be attractive. You can't beat a good storm and big waves. :) But I would avoid the coast further south, too bleak and windswept. But that's just a personal view. :) Stay inland instead and explore the villages.

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Ratings:
    +26,754
    We've got 45 days so no rush, ideally want a bit of warmth as this cold weather really gets to me ... hubby's thinking of going down to Spain but not sure which 'bit' would be best for winter ... thanks for any suggestions! :D

We'll be away for hubby's 60th and my 55th ... family probably won't be happy at us not being here especially for hubby's special birthday but we're not ones for celebrations/parties etc so will just find somewhere to have a nice nosh at some point. I haven't told my Mum yet though, I know I'll get earache as she doesn't like me going away anyway ... :rolleyes:

• Like it Like it x 4
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 4
    • Love it Love it x 2
  6. Minxy Girl

Ratings:
    +26,754
    Just thought I'd add ... another reason why we've booked the holiday now is that today I've been to hospital to have a large cyst removed from the rear of my shoulder blade, it was deeper than they realised so I've got a bigger 'wound' than originally expected although it doesn't appear to be anything nasty which is good. I've been waiting for it to be done for a while and it was finally scheduled for next week but as they had a cancellation today I got called in early - this means that hopefully by the time we go it should all be nicely healed up ... weather permitting wherever we end up I might, just might, be able to do a bit of swimming ... if the water isn't too cold! Yay! (y)

• Like it Like it x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  7. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

Ratings:
    +1,500
    good luck and enjoy, how about a temporary fix to the shower tray? if there is room to spray in some self-setting foam while you or hubby are stood on the tray then tape over of the cracks that should do till the new tray is properly fitted.

• Like it Like it x 3
  8. Minxy Girl

Ratings:
    +26,754
    I did some temporary filling before but can't get under it sufficiently to do any more without risking cracking the tray and making it totally useless, I'm thinking of putting some sealant in the cracks and then placing some waterproof tape over so we can at least try to prevent them getting any worse and may be able to risk a shower, or we may ... horror of horrors ... even 'treat' ourselves to a night on a campsite occasionally to use their showers to scrape the muck off!

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/cracked-shower-tray-in-globecar-camper.162438/

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like it Like it x 2
    • Love it Love it x 1
  9. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Funster

Ratings:
    +988
    You really need to go as far as Beni for warm weather should not take longer than 4/5 days

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. Minxy Girl

Ratings:
    +26,754
    Beni ... BENI :Eeek:... isn't that where all the old fogies go in winter ... I know hubby's gonna be 60 but even so!!! o_O

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like it Like it x 3
  11. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Ratings:
    +6,912
    Wait till it starts to flake then give yourself a good shake - works for me >:).

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  12. Northernraider

Northernraider Funster

Ratings:
    +15,409
    I did the same

• Like it Like it x 3
  13. Rob Hammond

Rob Hammond Funster

Ratings:
    +1,023
    If you don’t mind me asking minxy girl ,why is it complicated with the dogs in Italy?we will be taking ours in the future ,many thanks .

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Masman

Masman Funster

Ratings:
    +332
    What about trying to cover in clingfilm.It might be unsightly but you can keep taking it out and replacing as required

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. jetlag03

jetlag03 Funster

Ratings:
    +1,259
    You'll "pong a bit TOGETHER" that"s the important part, after a little while you may even grow to enjoy your rustic natural scent. What does it matter what others think, to pinch a well known saying "those that care don't matter, those that matter don't care" Another plus your joint perfumes will help to keep many at a distance giving you more time in each others company. You will find your sunshine I'm sure, you'll be travelling with him.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Ratings:
    +5,182
    Cheeky Beggar!!. Some of us 70+ year old`s still know how to party!.:D Go and Enjoy!. Wish we could. Still 2 Hospital visits booked and still no access to travel insurance.:(

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +4,097
    Get a shower pipe extension from B&Q. Add a gate valve at the end before the shower head. Run it out through the vent and lash it to the outside of the van. Shower al fresco. It would look a bit like this:

1BB9B820-6123-48EE-BD55-7376F42CA19C.jpeg

If feeling really prudish wear bikini ( or mankini), or even put up a toilet tent around you. You must have one somewhere in that pile of canvas in your shed.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like it Like it x 2
  18. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Ratings:
    +3,693
    Snow at the north of Spain although it might have gone. The border was clear of everything in France but the hilly bit in Spain was really thick, Just for fun going down we went over the Andorra way, fuel is really cheap but a long way up and down, about a mtere of snow there and lots of really bad parkers on the road.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Northernraider

Northernraider Funster

Ratings:
    +15,409
    I managed in vw camper vans for years without a shower a kettle full of water a basin and a face cloth does absolutely fine.

Or I've seen folk stand outside in shorts and have a pan of water poured over them ...lather up and a second pan to rinse :)

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. lindyloot

lindyloot Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +3,809
    Go for it as they say life is short. Hope the op goes well. Baby wipes are very useful inbetween finding a proper shower. As a friend once said to me when needing a quick freshen up , the three F's Face, Feet and F ........y I am sure you can work that one out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it Love it x 1