That's it - we're officially ex-caravanners! (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well, we finally part-exchanged the caravan and collected our first motorhome from Camper UK last Monday. We spent a comfy first night at their site and meandered home the next day. Me in the car:frowny:

The Adria Vision that we've bought is small enough to keep on the drive and it's great. I haven't seen much of the oh since Monday as he's been tinkering/pottering with the new toy::bigsmile:

The hallway has been rammed with all the stuff out of the caravan and both dogs have been following my every move as they've been convinced we were about to slink off somewhere without them:smiley: But now we're almost repacked and ready for our first trip away, a week at Longmeadow in the New Forest.

The oh and daughter are doing Ride To The Wall on the motorbike tomorrow so I'll be able to have a little time with the mh all to myself. Yay:smiley:

We had a pootle round today to fuel up and let the dogs have a ride. We saw two motorhomes who both waived - it really makes your day doesn't it, think it's actually sunk in today, we've both been grinning like idiots.

Just also wanted to say thanks to the two couples on camper uks site who were so helpful and friendly.

And for those picking up their mh's soon, good luck - it really is great!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Enjoy your new toy. (y)

Just be careful in the New forest with your dogs ... I think there's still something nasty there that dogs are picking up making them very ill ... or worse. Suggest you do a bit of googling to check it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Aye, there does seem to be, although it seems to be in other area's as well............:(

Enjoy the m/home, Debs.........

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I still am two years after swopping from a caravan to my lovely motorhome...enjoy,relax,and tour loads.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Congratulations and welcome to FUN, you will probably be stuck with the grin now, it seems to be a side effect of owning a MH.

Glad you are taking the grin on the road, enjoy the adventures.

Hymie.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks everyone:)

And thanks Minx for the warning about the dogs, unfortunately we've had it locally for 2 or 3 years already. :( I know there's been some cases in the New Forest so we can only try to be vigilant.

Can't wait till tomorrow:clap2:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Enjoy :)

We've had ours for a couple of weeks and we love it! First trip was to Lincoln and it was a great feeling to end up in a convoy, on the way there. We were grinning like Cheshire cats :D

Be prepared to waste a lot of time playing with your new toy, it's very addictive! Haha.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks rosierose.....yes it's great being able to have the mh on the drive. We had to put the caravan in storage when we moved here 15 years ago so I reckon the oh has got years of tinkering to catch up with:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back