That's it ... I've had enough of Chrome!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've had problems for a few days now with Google Chrome browser no longer keeping my log-in details and passwords meaning that every time I close the browser and re-open it (ie the following day) I have to continually log-in to everything ... it's been driving me nuts!!!! I've tried Crap Cleaner, Reg cleaner, malwarebytes, to see if there were any nasties causing it, which there weren't, I've tried reinstalling Windows 7 (although Firefox worked okay) just to make sure it wasn't a conflict or corrupted file etc, I've uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it but it makes no difference ... if I log into to Goggle or use it as a guest it doesn't make any difference. I've tried loads of fixes as detailed on the web, watched youtube videos and tried their suggestions but NOTHING, not a single thing will get Chrome to remember my details any more!!!!

I am bl**dy annoyed as I much prefer it to Firefox and other offerings but I'm now stuck with either having Chrome and having to constantly put in my log-in etc details or use another flaming browser!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR .......

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Always been a fan of Chrome, but I've been having some problems with it, among other things loads of the aw snap errors. Back with safari and it's OK.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm going to give Opera another try ...

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Mel,

I use Outlook as my mail provider on (a) Chrome on my PC, (b) Android on my phone and (c) whatever on my Ipad and have have similar problems logging on to it on my PC using Chrome but not when using the others.

By trial and error I have 'fixed' it by making sure that I have all the Windows Updates installed as I had selected not to have them auto-update when I put Windows 10 on the PC and switched to mifi usage rather than landline broadband. Took about 1gb to update it all, but the problem I describe at the start has now resolved itself.

Probably not help you but I thought worth mentioning.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Have you checked 'settings' - 'advanced settings' - 'passwords and forms' ? Tick both boxes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Recently my Chrome was failing to load most pages properly, especially MHF.

I typed aboutplugins (with a colon between the t and the p, no spaces) into the address line and switched off Shockwave Flash, which made a difference.

Then I decided to re-install Chrome, and after that I switched Shockwave Flash back on again and so far it's been OK.

I've also got AdBlock Plus installed, which makes a big difference to page download times. It says it's blocking 17 ads on this page as I type.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back