That's 2 hours of my life I won't get back (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
After washing the MH I noticed that the area around the windscreen wiper mounts had standing water. I recall reading on the forum that this was a troublesome area and decided to investigate.
Fiat, for whatever reason, put the smallest drain-off tubes known to man here.
The wiper arm mechanism is sat under water, and goodness knows where the water will eventually drain to and what damage it could cause.

After getting rid of the water at both sides, and finding the drains, I stripped a length of wire out of a three core household cable. This was strong enough to push into the drain hole, but flexible enough to follow the route of the drain pipe. After much pushing, twisting and swearing I managed to get the wire to go right through. I then repeated this for the other side. Filled up a jug with water and poured it into the recesses and low and behold, it drained away. All down my trouser leg and into my shoe. Guess I was stood to close. :blusher:

The main drain for this area is huge, so why not put something sensible in for the other two ?
This will now become one of my regular checks as I will become paranoid about water entering "the works". :banghead:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have a real problem at home with silver birch seeds blocking ours

on an older car once we regularly got a wet foot well due to this

I am now keen on checking

good heads up for others (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.