Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
GPD AAAARRRRRGGGH

GDPR.png

We’ve never been interested in collecting your personally identifiable information and you have always been able to use motorhomefun with just a username (pseudonym) and email address (generic if you so choose) – allowing you to use the site pretty much anonymously.

Much of what the GDPR covers is already part of the day-to-day operation of 'Fun' and has been for a long time, however there are a few things that are new that we needed to address

Right to Erasure

ICO said: Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.

You can now ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is the personal data you provide to the site and the data we collect in order to provide you with the service . It is not the content you choose to post and make public on the site or anything you share with others in personal conversations.

When you choose to erase your data you are effectively withdrawing consent for me to use your data to provide the service, so I will initially close your account. I will then anonymise your username, post and quote attributes, and user call-outs to help avoid your content being linked to other identifiable information you may have posted on other web sites under the same or a similar username. This is a destructive process which cannot be reversed. Your posts here might contain personal information but for the most part they are not in themselves personal information and you cannot ask for them to be deleted. Well you can ask, but I’ll point you to our terms where you give me irrevocable rights to publish. Of course personal info no matter where it is will be deleted on request.

As has always been the case, if you have revealed personally identifiable information on the public part of the site (information that can be used to specifically identify you, such as your full name, full postal address, specific workplace, phone number, or pictures of yourself, etc.) and you would like it deleted, simply report the content or get in touch to tell me what it is and the web page address where it is and we will delete it as soon as we possibly can.

Right to data portability

ICO said: The right to data portability gives individuals the right to receive personal data they have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives them the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.

Last night we upgraded the software and added features so that we can now provide you with this information. Please get in touch if you want to request a copy of the information or want it providing to another controller.

Right to be informed

ICO said: You must provide individuals with information including: your purposes for processing their personal data, your retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with. We call this ‘privacy information’. You must provide privacy information to individuals at the time you collect their personal data from them. You must regularly review, and where necessary, update your privacy information. You must bring any new uses of an individual’s personal data to their attention before you start the processing.

I am in the process of updating our privacy policy and will ask new members to accept it upon registration and all existing members to re-accept it over the coming days. You don’t have to accept it but you won’t be able to use anywhere but the public areas of the site if you choose not to.

Lawful basis for processing

ICO said: Consent requires a positive opt-in. Don’t use pre-ticked boxes or any other method of default consent. Keep evidence of consent – who, when, how, and what you told people.

The registration form has been changed and now displays links to the site terms and privacy policy with an unticked acceptance field so consent is no longer assumed and you have to opt-in. On registration a record will be made in your user account to log the date of your acceptance. I will also ask registered members to accept the new terms and privacy policy so that I have a record for everyone who is logging in to use the site. We will not be asking you to resubscribe to newsletters and site mailing as you have already given us permission to do so. We will continue sending as normal If you don’t want them please unsubscribe.

Cookies

ICO said: The rules on cookies are in regulation 6. The basic rule is that you must: tell people the cookies are there; explain what the cookies are doing and why; and get the person’s consent to store a cookie on their device. Details on our cookies will be covered in detail in the new privacy policy. You will also see a nagging screen asking you to accept the use of cookies. And what to do if you’re not hungry for a cookie right now.

User Account Privacy Options

It’s easy to edit or remove what personal information guests and members can see, and you have complete control over it and can opt-in or opt-out of some communications in your personal profile such as;
  • Personal Details - here you can set or unset your Status Message (displayed on your user card and profile page); avatar; custom user title (where available); gender; date of birth (and whether it is visible); location; occupation; home page; and the About you text block.
  • Signature allows you to add, edit or remove the signature text that appears under all of your posts.
  • Contact Details - here you can change your email address and password, and set your messaging preferences and opt in or out of receiving notification emails.
  • Privacy - here you can set whether your online status is visible to others and whether you current activity is shown in your user card; whether you want to receive site emails, such as announcements and updates; set your date of birth privacy; and set who can or cannot see your profile and news feed, and who you want to allow to contact you.
  • Preferences- here you can set whether you want to receive emails for notifications; show people’s signatures with their messages or not; and whether you automatically watch threads you post in.
  • Alert Preferences - choose what you are alerted about

For further information on the GDPR please see the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't you DARE erase any of the sixteen thousand (plus) posts I have put up on Fun.

Each one is a creative labour of love, composed using decades of experience and acquired knowledge, packed with useful information and, more often than not, containing rib busting comedy honed after well over twenty years of being paid to make folk laugh.

Each one typed with love and consideration using only one finger tip on a pretty small keyboard.

As for my personal data re my favourite football team or my feelings for a particular lady French Funster, and the like... I don't care who knows... (She's a total BABE.)

(A tad "woosy and grovelly", I know, but I feel sure the end results will justify the effort.)

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
It`s all gobblygook to me... :RollEyes:

I have gotten through most of my life without any trouble and red tape...

Most of what you have on file about me is all lies.... but...

I am partial to
Pink Frilly Knickers"... :giggler:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
It`s all gobblygook to me... :RollEyes:

I have gotten through most of my life without any trouble and red tape...

Most of what you have on file about me is all lies.... but...

I am partial to
Pink Frilly Knickers"... :giggler:

Mo you forgot your interest in TuTu's - I can post a photo if you deny it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't you DARE erase any of the sixteen thousand (plus) posts I have put up on Fun.

Each one is a creative labour of love, composed using decades of experience and acquired knowledge, packed with useful information and, more often than not, containing rib busting comedy honed after well over twenty years of being paid to make folk laugh.

Each one typed with love and consideration using only one finger tip on a pretty small keyboard.

As for my personal data re my favourite football team or my feelings for a particular lady French Funster, and the like... I don't care who knows... (She's a total BABE.)

(A tad "woosy and grovelly", I know, but I feel sure the end results will justify the effort.)

JJ :cool:
Each one typed with love and consideration ....... hmmmmmmmm

EE6A6AD1-ABB5-4E51-8419-0BF35B653118.png

;):rofl:;)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo you forgot your interest in TuTu's - I can post a photo if you deny it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do deny it....

Someone must have hacked my GDPR wotsits... :giggler:

My money is on @SuperMike or @Larrynwin :swear2:...Both don`t like me cos I am better looking than both of them glued together... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hope you’re not getting the arse cos I’m 10 years younger than you :p

I thought this thread was in "U Shaped Lounge...:doh:

It`s serious and in Forum news & Anouncements etc..:blush:

We will be getting sent to Birmingham...

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Tweren't me @Jim I kint spell big words like "certificate"

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Whoever it was, now try it with Google..... Your email inbox isn't going to be large enough.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

And of course his keen and varied interest in sheep. I’m sure that if I google it something will come up. :gum:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
my finger hurts
all these bloomin
forms to fill in

and then i cant find the accept button
dont make easy do they

and as for them ones with support
and a .ru domain name
trying to get me to verify me email account

:groan::groan::Eeek:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I do deny it....

Someone must have hacked my GDPR wotsits... :giggler:

My money is on @SuperMike or @Larrynwin :swear2:...Both don`t like me cos I am better looking than both of them glued together... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Well talk your way out of this then !!! Black knickers and a Tu Tu wonder what the Information Commissioner makes of that then !!!! [/ATTACH]
IMG_6425_8334.jpg
IMG_6423_8332.jpg

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes,indeed,it’s happened at last......the world has gone completely and utterly stark staring bonkers,doolally,round the twist.
Ah well,it was only a matter of time.
Thank god I’m still totally sane though! Now,where are those nice tablets the doctor gave me?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sometimes being thick hurts.

I havn't a clue what this thread is going on about and the picture of Mo's knickers has traumatised me now. :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I havn't a clue what this thread is going on about and the picture of Mo's knickers has traumatised me now. :(
... could be worse ... he could have NOT been wearing any at all!!! :Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Its to do with privacy and not using your info without your permission/storing it etc ... looks like someone has been using your bits here ...

IMG_20180506_112208.jpg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It is a laugh, but turning to the OP - IMO we as a nation are once again over reacting. We re getting all these needless emails and letters regarding our data preferences but surely as a business owner it only really matters if someone makes a complaint or asks you to stop, each of which are easily dealt with.

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back