Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just had a look at that other site and I noted that they had 57 members turned up for their "Global Meet", The weather wasn´t kind but I think they had a good time, and that is testament the the Great British Motorhomer mentality and I am glad that they enjoyed their meet. But.... I can´t help notice that only 57 attendees from 18,000 members turned up! ::bigsmile:

At our opening meet we have 20 members turning up out of 120 members:roflmto::roflmto: I am sure that a cleverer member than me will work out the percentages but I reckon we have the edge on them, and that our members are far more interested in meeting up and having fun! :roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its the facts site rather than Fun. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi jimjam look at the percentages that the CCC and CC get for their yearly get to togethers, the CC claim over 1 million members yet only 5000 made it, which is a similar percentage as MHF.

I doubt as the membership increases your percentage will be any better. Personally I prefer the smaller do's (up to 20) once they get bigger it all starts to get cliquey, and then the arguments start, as kands found out.

Olley

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi jimjam look at the percentages that the CCC and CC get for their yearly get to togethers, the CC claim over 1 million members yet only 5000 made it, which is a similar percentage as MHF.

I doubt as the membership increases your percentage will be any better. Personally I prefer the smaller do's (up to 20) once they get bigger it all starts to get cliquey, and then the arguments start, as kands found out.

Olley

I think you are right Olley, with smaller gatherings its easy to include everyone, at the larger gatherings sub groups seem to form and then people can be left out. Yes I remember the KandS thing at Stratford with the other MHF, there were 3 or 4 distinct groups there even though the total members attending must have been less than 50.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Personally I prefer the smaller do's (up to 20) once they get bigger it all starts to get cliquey, and then the arguments start, as kands found out.

Olley

Me too, I'm not big on meets the best of times, even on our Morocco trip with only 12 vans three or four groups formed within a few days, it's human nature to make friends with like minded people.
An observation I've made is that people with the same type of motorhomes tend to make friends. ie. .. RVs, C Class , panel van.. etc

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
Also, remember that lots of areas of the other board are restricted to REGISTERED users only. For example, Campsite database, Weighbridges, Tutorials etc are all hidden to guests. Thus a "passer by" who has found the info via Google will be forced to regsiter before being able to see the info, even if they never return to the site again:eek:

Good way to keep membership on the increase, but *may* create gazzilions of "dead" accounts at the same time?

Whereas on this board (at the moment), people who register are more likely to be genuine users (who return) than passer bys or lurkers? Perhaps (dunno) means membership numbers will increase very slowly, but few dead accounts will be created as a result ::bigsmile:

Just a thought?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I think its all down to the organisers, if they make an effort to include everybody, which is obviously easier with a small meet, than a big one.

Of the 2 or 3 that kands did that we went to, he made an effort and they went well, the small shows we have been to with MHF, have been good, largely due to Jacquie.

But as you say jimjam the Stratford show was too big and we where separated down the middle, because of Jacquie's idea of keeping the RV's on the harder ground.

Olley

Sorry Sharon, that should be "they made an effort"

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Bryan and I always prefer the smaller 'meets'. We think they are more inclusive and have generally had a better time at them.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Personally I prefer the smaller do's (up to 20) once they get bigger it all starts to get cliquey, and then the arguments start, as kands found out.

Olley

I agree with you Olley except that I am not sure that any arguements broke out, some back door back stabbing maybe, but an arguement???? I never saw a good arguement mate, just malicious schoolyard tricks.
And you are also right to include Sharon, after all it is Sharon that has worked so hard to put up so many meets (only to have been so personally critisised by some) which have become such a success. The meets that are, and will be, arranged for MHFun will be the same as ever before, no political agenda, no segregation just a warm and friendly atmosphere in which to meet and relax with old and new friends and do as you please. Thankfully here most people seem to be of a like minded nature and we hope that the meets will take off, without being always a competition, and others can feel that they are free to organise something if they so wish.
We will both help with any organisation or questions that anyone has, as we have done previously, and will try to encourage people to get out in their motorhomes as much as possible ::bigsmile:
Long may this continue, and we look forward to seeing as many of you all as possible in the future.

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back