LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great, at least you know your hands not going in your pocket for a while(y)

Reactions: Jim

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
You smile like a funster would smile. :D

Reactions: Jim

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
...You are handed an MOT certificate with no advisories :LOL::cool:
Aye Jim, I experienced it again yesterday morning with our fifteen year old Pug 206, and hope to experience it again next month, but with the MH. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
IF you had come to my garage, and put on your famous Kray Twins look, you would have walked away with an MOT, no advisories, and 50 quid out of the till. :confused:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Jim SWANSEA IS KNOWN AS THE BENT CITY FOR M.O.T'S we all drive around with new m.o.t.'s it's when you get stopped in England and they see the m.o.t .is from Swansea then the shit hits the fan ray xx lol still lol three wheels on my wagon and I'm still rolling along with a mot:pinocchio:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
A lot better than me when my car failed from having a broken flap on the towing socket. It seems it might allow the trailer lights to go out at night if it dropped the socket, which feels like it needs a crowbar to remove.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I took mine on tuesday to get the front struts replaced and some welding doing before my MOT on Thursday.

They did the struts then he got the young lad to go underneath with a screw driver to break out all the rusted crap ready for grinding.

EEEEEKKKK!!!! when he started poking big chunks of the underneath fell out. I had a hole running from the back wheel to almost underneath the passenger seat. This varied in width from 1" to 6" in places, with some really large chunks hitting the deck. My heart dropped big time :(

When Andy got underneath to look at it he said he wouldn't be able to get it all done before the MOT and it wouldn't be the £150 he quoted me last year. I said can you get enough welded for the MOT and I can come back next week for the rest? He called over another lad and said will this pass the MOT. I thought he was having a laugh. Anyway to cut a long story short, They now have their own MOT station and Andy was able to squeeze me in straight away. Turns out none of it was structural so it passed. The other 2 jobs I thought would need doing didn't need doing either so I saved over £400+ I had budgeted on the job.

I am using that to buy a welding set and sorting all the welding underneath at my leisure over the summer (y). I think it will take me a day of practice to get my hand back in at welding but it will be an interesting project that will make a change from being tied to my computer keyboard 24/7. Kind of looking forward to it now...

Mig Welder on order (y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I took mine on tuesday to get the front struts replaced and some welding doing before my MOT on Thursday.

They did the struts then he got the young lad to go underneath with a screw driver to break out all the rusted crap ready for grinding.

EEEEEKKKK!!!! when he started poking big chunks of the underneath fell out. I had a hole running from the back wheel to almost underneath the passenger seat. This varied in width from 1" to 6" in places, with some really large chunks hitting the deck. My heart dropped big time :(

When Andy got underneath to look at it he said he wouldn't be able to get it all done before the MOT and it wouldn't be the £150 he quoted me last year. I said can you get enough welded for the MOT and I can come back next week for the rest? He called over another lad and said will this pass the MOT. I thought he was having a laugh. Anyway to cut a long story short, They now have their own MOT station and Andy was able to squeeze me in straight away. Turns out none of it was structural so it passed. The other 2 jobs I thought would need doing didn't need doing either so I saved over £400+ I had budgeted on the job.

I am using that to buy a welding set and sorting all the welding underneath at my leisure over the summer (y). I think it will take me a day of practice to get my hand back in at welding but it will be an interesting project that will make a change from being tied to my computer keyboard 24/7. Kind of looking forward to it now...

Mig Welder on order (y)
Excellent attitude and self development. I really like that attitude. Good on you.
I m presuming you are, at present, the proud owner of an australian convertible !;)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
How much was in the brown envelope :D
download_4.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume we are talking about a vehicle and not your very own personal MOT? :D

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I think the anticipation of going for an MOT is worse than going to the Dentist.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Excellent attitude and self development. I really like that attitude. Good on you.
I m presuming you are, at present, the proud owner of an australian convertible !;)

Got my Trolley Jack and axle stands on order. As soon as they arrive and the ground is dry I will take some pictures. It isn't pretty.

I just checked when I got my welding certs and it was 1991. So 26 years ago, and I haven't welding since 1995. So some serious practice is going to be needed before I start hacking at my vans underside...

Funny on the Australian convertible. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

Mig Welder on order (y)
Maybe ready to sell the Renault Dauphin this year Grom?? :confused:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
My van is due in next week. So fingers crossed. And have just passed my hgv medical. So if the van passes I will have the double. The van is not as old as me. It is only 27 years old. If you turn that around you have my age [today] .

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
:birthday:HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUISER:birthday:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Mig Welder on order (y)
if its that bad save your money on the welder and get rid now with a full MOT.
next year it will be back somewhere else.
like a dog, rust if for life.
a work mate spent hundreds each year on welding on his Sierra....almost a complete new underbody when he finally saw sense and scrapped it.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
if its that bad save your money on the welder and get rid now with a full MOT.
next year it will be back somewhere else.
like a dog, rust if for life.
a work mate spent hundreds each year on welding on his Sierra....almost a complete new underbody when he finally saw sense and scrapped it.
I don't have the money to replace it. It isn't that bad yet. Just this skin that needs welding. The inner sill is solid, the floor is solid just this skin/panel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back