That "b" dump button!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Picked up my nice new HM and is now on the drive where we are testing a few things. That damn dump button on the boiler keeps dumping the water when it gets to about 6c. On our last MH I managed to stop the button popping out with a tie strap. On our Hymer it's a little more difficult, any ideas please.l

Colyboy

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Picked up my nice new HM and is now on the drive where we are testing a few things. That damn dump button on the boiler keeps dumping the water when it gets to about 6c. On our last MH I managed to stop the button popping out with a tie strap. On our Hymer it's a little more difficult, any ideas please.l

Colyboy

Mine is drained but I still leave it hooked up and set truma at 9degs so it doesn't drop to dump level when I have water on board.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
If your valve is push fit with a jubilee clip securing the hoses you could replace the existing valve with one of these. You would not have the frost protection so would have to remember to open the valve when your MH is not in use and the wether is cold although it would work as a pressure relief valve as does your exciting one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If you only having the water in while testing for a few days, just leave water heater on low or space heating on low

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just use a peg on ours although it could be different as ours is probably older. Pull the button fully up open a peg fit it on the stem under the button Hey Presto job done. Never failed yet.(y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My Hymer ML I , has a similar problem, I was getting ready to go on a little trip so shut off the drain valve closed the Grey tank valve, an proceeded to fill the tank and wondered why is was taking a long time to prime the hot water and taps, the pump was running but nothing came out. turns out the damned temperature valve had opened even with nothing in it the system. I turned the blue knob but it still came out, and would not stop until the button was pushed however it would not stay in, I had to get my hot air blower and warm the whole compartment and the valve until it would clip in and stay, a bit annoying but if the heating in on the valve is happy as it is in the warm compartment along with all the tanks.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hymer obviously don't fit the auto dump valve to all models ... our 2016 T668SL only has a manual dump valve. We have Alde heating, maybe this makes a difference but I see no reason why if required the valve couldn't be changed for a manual version.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It needs to be there and functioning. You will be the first to complain if it freezers and busts the boiler. They are not cheap and they will know what you have done so no guarantee.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It wouldn't be so bad if they dumped at something 2 deg C but 6 or 8 is just plain stupid.

Martin

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hymer obviously don't fit the auto dump valve to all models ... our 2016 T668SL only has a manual dump valve. We have Alde heating, maybe this makes a difference but I see no reason why if required the valve couldn't be changed for a manual version.
Same as mine Brian. Must be an Alde thing as that is the heating we have too.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Could be worse, I parked ours up in its home after visiting VanBitz, checked the weather and saw it was going to be cold, so I dumped the fresh and grey tanks. Once again, I am going to to blame my brother in law.
Whilst I am busying myself around the van, he comes out and says "I'm off to the pub, fancy a pint", I rushed my procedure and forgot to open the dump valve on the boiler, I also didn't open the taps! I am back at the van tomorrow, hoping not to have a cracked boiler, or split pipes! :-(

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It wouldn't be so bad if they dumped at something 2 deg C but 6 or 8 is just plain stupid.

Martin

They have quite a wide temperature tolerance I suppose. They are pretty basic things.

To install something accurate enough to work at 2 degrees with say a +/- 1 degree tolerance would involve a pretty significant cost.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Better to have the inconvenience of it umping the water at low temperature than have a bust boiler ... you could leave a small heater near the boiler to keep it warm or what about a hot water bottle?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I thought the Alde wet heating system has glycol in it the same as the engine cooling system, you still have to take the drinking /washing water out in case that freezes. .

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ours to has the "Dump" Valve, and it Dumps at all sorts of inconvenient times!. So when In use I use the "Clothes Peg" system to hold it shut. The van is parked on the driveway and has a Portable Oil Filled Heater on a thermostat which keeps it at 15degC or above anyway. Currently it is actually drained down, but that was because it has been back to the Dealers for some TLC on the gearbox (again).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back