Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
We have plans to spend from mid Dec to the end of Feb in Spain. We also booked a long time back a river cruise for our 55th wedding anniversary, this was to be mid May but is now pushed out to mid September. Now realising that these add up to all our 90 days in a rolling 180 days what about our August escape to france and the Dusseldorf show? Is there a way around this? Can a visa for Spain work? Suggests from experts please, not opinions, I already have a bucket full of them !!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We have plans to spend from mid Dec to the end of Feb in Spain. We also booked a long time back a river cruise for our 55th wedding anniversary, this was to be mid May but is now pushed out to mid September. Now realising that these add up to all our 90 days in a rolling 180 days what about our August escape to france and the Dusseldorf show? Is there a way around this? Can a visa for Spain work? Suggests from experts please, not opinions, I already have a bucket full of them !!
If these dates use up your 90 days in autumn winter and you are back in the UK at the end of February, your next 90 days will be available around the beginning of June. August afterwards will be fine, but not before!

Have you put your dates in to a Schengen calculator?

At the moment there isn't a Spanish tourist Visa, only the non lucrative Visa which is intended for people wanting to become resident.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If you want to come to Spain for 90 days, you need a clear 90 previously, so dusseldorf then 90 days after to Spain, as for the river boat cruise, 😉 all you need to do Clive is dig a little deeper and make it a Caribbean cruise 😎 sorted. 😁 Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I dont think you have gone over your 90/180

Presume 75 days have been used to end of Feb from Mid Dec.

You would still have 15 days spare, and start receiving new days 180 days after you started your mid dec jaunt. Call that mid May. So you could use up your 15 spare days left over and go in early may.

But you dont go anywhere til August to France and then September (presuming that is 2022) even if the August and September ones are this year, it will be close and slight adjustments may need to be made, but nothing insurmountable.

As others, use the expert calculator

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
It wasn't clear if the August trip was intended before the cruise or the following year after the winter months in Spain 🤔

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Its easy enough to see if its a runner at the start date of any trip you need to countback and see if you have been in EU for 90 days in the previous 180 and if you exceed the 90 on the planned trip , I would not be relying on a possible visa extension being available . :)

OP
OP
C

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
To be clear the August Dusseldorf show trip was 2021 and until our cruise was shifted back from May it worked out ok. But now its September its a problem. I blame Covid. Does this count?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To be clear the August Dusseldorf show trip was 2021 and until our cruise was shifted back from May it worked out ok. But now its September its a problem. I blame Covid. Does this count?
Howdy Clive ... can you jump ship at the required time to 'escape' the Shengen restriction? :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back