Thanks To Everyone Who Organised Malvern 2012 (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All,

Just a quick thank you from Claire and I for a fantastic weekend. Whilst we did not manage to get to the marquee for the evening's entertainment - far to much to drink beforehand - we enjoyed the friendly nature of everyone we met.

I can say that it was a delight to meet marshalls who seemed to be enjoying what they were doing and did not want to spend their time continually having a go at everyone. Brilliant!

Jim, sorry I didn't manage to get to say hello.

The downside is you may be seeing more of us in the future! Sorry::bigsmile:

Best regards

Chris and Claire

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Our thanks also. Our two grandsons both enjoyed it as well. It was our first week out with them, and they want to come out again. Two future recruits for 20 years time?

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Thanks from both of us, too. We had a great time - as usual when Bob and Jane marshall. A special thanks, too, to Gail and family (Ourcampervanhasbeentrashed) for the great party they put on for RayB's birthday. It really ended the weekend on a high note.

::bigsmile: Carolyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Thanks Bob, Jane and the Gaz Partnership, brilliant as ever. Also thank you Gail (Ourcampervanhasbeentrashed) for RayB's birthday party, perfect hosts!

Great to see our friends and to meet many new funsters. :thumb:

Andrew and Carol

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Thanks Bob & Jane for a fabulous Rally at Malvern. Special thanks to Gayle & Co. for the fabulous afternoon for Ray's birthday. Another special thanks to Bob & Brisey for helping us get out of the "mud" this morning!Too much cake eaten on the weekend which made our Van sink down in the mud (lol) again many thanks to everyone who made the weekend another one to remember Perri, Tony & Tamzin

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Many thanks to Bob and Jane and all involved for making our Ist rally with Fun a great time. As not overly fans of country music was pleasantly surprised . Loved seeing the wild west walking around the site in their many different outfits. Lin and Rich

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are now back at home from the Malvern meet where we had a great time. It's a big thank you from us to the following......

To Bob & Jane along with Gaz & Julie for marshaling the event and making sure that everyone got on and off the field.
To the "Bacon Buttie Crew" ... you guys did a terrific job Sunday morning.
To Gail & family (Ourcampersbeen.....) for hosting Ray's birthday party Sunday afternoon.
To Barry & Janine along with Chrisboyo and Martin for the musical entertainment.
To Bill (Ambilkate) for his help and advice along with the porch awning masterclass.
To Nigel & Pamala, along with Bob & Jane for suppling the marquees and event shelters.

Finally to all of the Funsters for once again making it another great Funster occasion.

Brisey & Pamelaaar

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Our first time at Malvern, and not disappointed.

Great place for people watching and non-stop entertainment.

Big thanks to all those already mentioned.

Cheers,

Pete and Di

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Another stonking weekend thanks to the hard-working warders and lovely fellow inmates ::bigsmile:

Here's a picture I took this morning - think the driver was going to phone the AA for assistance when the tractor happened along :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• PIC_0067.jpg
    PIC_0067.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 51

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
WOW, what can one say, a fantastic meet with new & old fun funsters lots of birthdays and other celebrations going on over the weekend.
Big thankyou, Bob & Jane, Gaz & Julie, for all their hard work over the 5 days. :thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Ditto from us, made very welcome on our first meet with the Funsters. Thanks to Bob and Jane for moving us to a quieter pitch away from the children before Alison came out in a rash. Great fun and lovely to meet those that we met :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Many thanks to Bob n Jan, Gaz n Julie for a wonderful meet, And very special thanks to Gail and family for my birthday party, and keeping me sober (not) :ROFLMAO:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Just to add to the thanks in particular to Bob and Jane and Gaz and Julie who worked so hard to help make the weekend a great one. Look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Hi :Smile: Just like to say a BIG thank you to all you guys and girls who do go the extra mile to make folk happy. That includes the marshalls, the entertainers, behind the scene volunteers and of course a load of Funsters :thumb: We enjoyed our time spent with you at Malvern.

Thank goodness the sun came out, which dried up the squelchy rubber road :Eeek:

Brian and Julia

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
more thanks

OOOOOPS :winky: froghopper doing his usual thing and posting
on wrong bit,,, YES it was magic. thank you all, and to those who
worked so hard to make it special.. THANK YOU :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A big thank you to Bob & Jane, Gaz & Julie for making Malvern another great Fun meet, we really enjoyed meeting old friends and saying hello to new ones, we really did have a enjoyable 4 days, can I also say a special thank you Gail, for the lovely smile and all the work she put in making the get together for Ray's birthday so enjoyable. Looking forward to our next get together. Carol & Eddie.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
What a rootin tooing stonkin FUNSTER weekend :thumb::Eeek::Eeek:

Brill to meet so many new funsters along with our dear friends

HUGE Thanks to Bob & Jane and all those that made it a great meet

Happy Funster Daze

Chrisboyo & Liz

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we would like to thank bob and jane for all the hard work they have put in not only for this meet but all the meets they have done they will be sadly missed as marshals

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
i think its all been said ,but bob and jane done a great job again as usual ,a big thanks to gail and family for rays party ,we had a great time .thanks to everyone .

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We would just like to say many thanks to Julie and Gaz for offering to assist us at Malvern, normally we have to send out begging letters.:winky::roflmto:

When we got there on Wednesday lunch time, it was raining so hard we could not get out of the vans for two hours. :Doh: Before anyone got there the marshals for the other clubs were getting stuck. :Doh:
But I'm glad to say we never needed a tractor on our field all weekend. :thumb:

So hats off to Julie and Gaz, they did a grand job from start to finish, it involved marking pitches / erecting the tents and providing refreshments.:roflmto: And they enjoyed doing it which is always good, so lets hope you will see them again.:thumb:

As most know we have a new chapter starting in our life, so for the time being will be unable to make the commitment and marshal any more shows. :cry: ::bigsmile: But we have learnt never say never. :ROFLMAO:

But over the last couple of years its been a pleasure and a wonderful experience, doing the job and assisting Sundowners, they taught us a lot.:thumb:
Also many thanks to Jim for all his help and the advise he has given us !!!!!!
:winky: Like how to deal with slobadoberbob :thumb: Thanks Bob and Sue for a lovely BBQ and great company on Saturday night, and just to let funsters know he is not as bad as he thinks he is. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Look forward to the next one. :thumb:
When we first started Jim said its a very satisfying job and a great way to meet all the funsters and he was right.
So if you have the time give it a try, Jim always needs help but very rarely asks for it. We have had some great rallies and meets and look forward to many more. :thumb:

So thanks for all the help we have been given, be it assisting being part of the bacon roll team, giving a lift to the shops to collect everthing, help with the tents and being your happy selves when the weathers wet and muddy and still coming in the tent for a drink and chat.:thumb:

We had a lovely weekend, tried our best to chat with everyone and keep you all happy, and we have to remember that everyone that helps out does it because they want to, and its always good when the funsters band do their stuff , thanks as usual brilliant.:thumb:

Thanks for all the THANKS :winky: but without your company its not as good. :thumb::ROFLMAO:

See you all again soon. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Lots of thank yous and some malvern fun facts

A big thanks to Bob and Jane, Gaz and Julie for marshalling such a large rally in adverse conditions. You all were fantastic. Thank you so very much.

The game sheets were great fun too.

The bacon butties on Sunday morning were greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helped with the buttie morning.

Thank you Ash - Steve - without you we wouldnt have known xxxxx
Thanks to DMS and CLS Alan and Mark for sorting out our motorhome. Its now booked in next month for a cambelt change, oil change and filters.

Thanks to Lunarman for taking time to give us lots of information that we hadnt got.

Thank you to all the funsters for making Tony's brother and sister-in-law feel so welcome. They enjoyed themselves.

Thank you to everyone who brought drink and food to keep the barbeque full and the funsters fed on Sunday night. A big thanks to the musicians for the wonderful music. It really was a fun night.

Funsters know how to party xxxx We got through 8 pots of tea, 4 bottles of coca cola, 2 sets of Pimms, 3 bottles of lemonade, 18 bottles of wine, over 60 cans of lager, cider and ale, at least 3 bottles of spirits and the washing up is now in the dishwasher.

Thanks to everyone for without you we would not have had as much fun xxxx

welshcowboy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2012
flint
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
1 year
thanks for our 1st meeting

I would like too thank everyone who made us feel so welcome on our first meeting it was a great weekend
sorry to drew about our children they were excited and only having fun like children do.
we didn't meet many people but those we did were really warm and friendly hope everyone enjoyed our wagon trail lol.
the kids spent hours getting the number plates next to the names on the sheet lol
thanks again everyone

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Malvern Show

Thank you Bob & Jane for all the hard work you put in this weekend & every time you've marshalled shows. Will be very sorry that you will no longer be able to marshall as you've both made it your own & ensure that every show runs smoothly. But we know you're going to enjoy this new chapter.

Thanks again both & also thanks to everybody else who assisted this weekend to ensure a good time was had by all.

Rhian & Clive

Griffs :Smile::Smile:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It was our first time at Malvern and we really enjoyed it , thank you to the marshalls for all their hard work , enjoy your well earned holiday Bob & Jane , see you soon :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
while I said thanks elsewhere - say it again

Just finally got on line with a connection... said thanks elsewhere... but will do it again.. Thanks all that helped... that is our marshals Bob & Jane and there helpers... thanks for the mud mat ... boy you should see the mud under the RV... hosed a lot off but it is going to be a jet spray job.... As said no tractors and even I got off even in a large spray of mud as I gunned it out of the field.

Bacon rolls first class again....

Great to see so many of you and my thanks to Clive & Rhian for helping me load the trailer with the power chair.... it was great to talk to so many new faces.

Our marshals always do a good job and I like wise say thanks to all who have done it since we have been on fun.

Like Bob & Jane we have some other plans for 2014 and if we attend any shows we will be going in the disable area.. as I said the success of the club and the large numbers attending has meant Warners have put us to far out and I cannot cope with the distances on a power chair. But I am sure I will bump in to many going around when do get to a show.

But a great 2 days for us.

Thank you

Bob, Sue and Ezzie

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Just a few pics of my birthday party at Malvern

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Thanks for a great weekend folks, a really stonking weekend, and thanks to Bob and Jane, and the music makers on Fri Night, also a very big thanks for the person who drew my first prize in the draw, I,m a Winner, Del

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
A big :thumb: up to Bob and Jane and Gaz and Julie for your usual impeccable Marshalling at the Malvern Show,also special thanks to all the funsters that spent time searching for me,to pass on, sadly a very important message.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back