Thanks to everyone for all their advice so far (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, well we've had our MH for just coming up to 2 weeks now and have got to say that we are totally hooked!!:winky::winky:

We originally had a very modest budget for a MH of aroud the 20 year old mark!! This budget ended up being increased 3 fold and we ended up with an autosleeper pollensa which we absolutely love, and we are confident that we made the right choice.

We collected the MH (minnie as she has been named by my wife) on Thursday 19th, and we went to a local site for the 1st weekend to get the feel for things.
Everything went to plan and although we forgot a few things, there was nothing essential (corkscrew was the first thing that went in!!!)
Oh and we left our electric heater that we had for camping so were freezing by morning!
Our only little mishap on this trip was when we left to come home we got 10 miles along the road (nearly home!) before realising we'd (well I) left the gas bottle on. So all in all a very good trip out, and weather was great as forecast.

We have just got back from our second weekend away, travelling the 75 miles down to weymouth, staying at a site (part of a national chain) which has been our favourite from camping as facilities are brilliant, and the site is great for the little lad:thumb:
Again this has been just the best weekend, so much so that we had planned to leave Sunday night, but ended up staying until Monday. The weather was brilliant, and the only issue this weekend was the waste water filling up and coming back up through the shower and bathroom sink...yuk:cry:
I blame this on the waste water led on the control panel though as this did not light up. ( I guess I need to take note of how much water is being used)

With the weather so good on the way home we decided to have a look for a caravan club CL close to home (for work today). We ended up staying at our 1st CL and this too was beautiful.

We have picked up a few extra tips like look for the freshwater supply, and fill up before going to pitch, having remembered to keep the hose somewhere that is easy to get to (we have no outside access storage).

We're still on a very steep learning curve and will continute to be so for many years to come I'm sure. However we are loving every minute of it and are going to be off again this weekend (another CL we think). Our friends joked that they're never going to see us........I think they may be right!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
glad you enjoyed your initiation.

the more you go away, the less you forget to take but you never remember everything. :winky:

oh, and dont rely on the lights and gauges.....never accurate anyway.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Glad you enjoyed it :thumb:
you will soon learn to empty the waste and loo before leaving site :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Erpaul.

Thats it you are now hooked:thumb:you will never find time for the odd jobs, they will have to be fitted in with bad weather.

Glad that is all you hoped for. You will keep on learning you never stop. I have been motorhoming for 17 years, and I am still learning.

The fun part is looking back and thinking did I really do that:Doh:

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back