Thank you Jim (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
This is a public thank you to our leader for making MotorhomeFun.
I've been a member now for many years but haven't had the time to go through the complete website until now. I'm stuck in Brive Hospital after a heart attack last Tuesday. MotorhomeFun has kept me sane and now appreciate all the work that goes into it being the BEST. I've had some fantastic offers of help and support from total strangers who are always there to help. My Doc is discharging me on Monday then re admitting me on Wednesday, operating again Thursday and send out for the last time on Saturday. The French care system has come up trumps but I've had a couple of nasty staff who aren't happy that we voted out of the EU. Apparently they're now worried about there large subsidies since we voted out.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hope you're recovery time goes well and at good speed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sorry to hear you're languishing in hôpital - but pleased to hear you're getting good care (if not such very good food! - seen your post in Photo of the Day).
Just make sure you get the most expensive care you can while we're still in the EU..... :whistle:;)
Oh - and "get well soon"

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
You are right so much of the work @Jim and Sian do to keep the site on track is taken for granted I can't think of another forum that functions as well as Fun with out moderators.
Really sorry to hear you have been taken ill, sending our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
We are all rooting for you,ignore the French some are jealous to the end,not got the guts to do what the Brits did,hang on you will see this as a good time to be incapacitated,missed 24/7 Brexit.
The French won't let you down in hospital,I have experience,good hearts but weak.
After all the jokes a country very much like the old English just fond of garlic and frogs!!
Still wouldn't change my last 15 years here for anything,maybe just have to have the next 15 in Portugal,our oldest ally.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
As said before IGNORE the nasty French !!!! Or go on Skype , look for Cyodeli in Balma and send me an invitation with your username (otherwise I'll dump you LOL!), and I'll take care of the nasty ones once they come to your bedroom! Grrrrrr, how I hate unfairness and people making a general statement out of one or two people!

Meanwhile , keep calm (I'll get angry for you:D) and concentrate on getting better! I'm sure they will do a good job (in spite of their political jealousy!) ....At least Brive is a nice town to stay in.:)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Well I can't see how you are can be responsible ( or answerable) for several million UK votes! So ignore the few French that will take it personally and concentrate on the majority who are acting professionally !

If you think hospital food is s a bit tough, have sympathy for my vegetarian friend who spent many weeks in Perigueux hospital.

But the health care is fantastic. My ex SIL lives in Normandy, recently had triple bypass and couldn't fault the care from start to finish.

Bon courage!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hope your operation goes well and leads to better health and a good recovery.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Heart surgery is astonishingly good these days, you'll soon be up & about, fit to have lots more time in your moho.

Yes Jim is very talented & the general smooth running, so I'll send a big thanks to Jim & Sian too.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Sorry to hear about your health problems , really hope everything goes well and your tip top soon (y)

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
As said before IGNORE the nasty French !!!! Or go on Skype , look for Cyodeli in Balma and send me an invitation with your username (otherwise I'll dump you LOL!), and I'll take care of the nasty ones once they come to your bedroom! Grrrrrr, how I hate unfairness and people making a general statement out of one or two people!

Meanwhile , keep calm (I'll get angry for you:D) and concentrate on getting better! I'm sure they will do a good job (in spite of their political jealousy!) ....At least Brive is a nice town to stay in.:)
Thank you for that. Feel better now we're building an army.
Wilf

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
How're you doing this morning @wiljoy ? I see they don't let you sleep in, in French hospitals either!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Normally wake at 5am by someone trying to extract my blood. Breakfast at 8. Lights out at 8.30pm. All very regimental but it appears to work fine.
So long as you're getting good care, feeling safe etc, 'regimental' can be good - means nothing gets missed.
Keep cheerful - you get a few days of freedom tomorrow! (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hope you are out and about soon.and mrs Wiljoy is ok has she family with her? Loving the egg dinner on photo thread!! One good thing you will loose weight or don't you need too?!!
Take care.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
so lets get this straight.....Jim gave you a heart attack but the French healthcare system is looking after the website.

Hope everything goes well for you, and that you are soon fit and healthy again

As for a few rude people having a go at you because the British have the balls that the French can only dream of, stuff them. they are only angry because the flowing pipeline of cash is being turned off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back