LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well I can't believe it, I've made it... This is my 10000th post since Nikki and I joined Motorhome fun back in its first year.

Through this time we have taken our kids to many meets and although they no longer come have great memories of some of the great early meets we done.
In the early days I can remember handing cards out with Jim and Sian and their kids at shows and a meet saw about 20 vans.

Through the great stewardship of Jim and the then internet tutor Brian the site just grew and grew...

But 10000 posts, wow, plenty of them have been crap some humorous, some controversial and some I'm sure self promoting crap trap.

If my maths serves me correctly, it takes say about on average 3 mins to post a thread, so that works out at what? 30000 minutes which equates to 21 full 24 hour days which I have spent on Motorhome fun in 7 years......

Not a moment of it I regret, I've gained a dog, a load of friends, a few enemies, the headache of arranging approximately 30 meets coupled with fantastic reward, I've cleaned van roofs even gone an bought a van for another Funster at 30k which they paid of course, I've had nights in with funsters parked on my drive....

Wow, that's something I just never believed would happen when I posted my first post.

So thank you funsters, and enjoy...:thumb:

:Cool:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
please keep going.on that is.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Its thanks to you and a host of other people that us newbies learn and gain experience, so THANK YOU:Smile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Its the kindness and friendship that you nikki harley and george showed new funsters in the early days along with other funsters too

and

all the hard work you and nikki put into arrange various meets every year

that greatly contribute to the FUN those around you have.

congratulations on your milestone post

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Paul always look forward to your posts always your own point of view, never just for posting sake, congratulations keep them coming:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
He got 2000 of them using his Nectar card.........::bigsmile::winky::winky:

Well done that man!! :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
well done Paul, both quality and quantity just the first 10,000 posts mind you:thumb:

now watch the next 10,000 be complete and utter shite:ROFLMAO: either way it will be with friends that understand your warped humour and love you more because of it:ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well I can't believe it, I've made it... This is my 10000th post since Nikki and I joined Motorhome fun back in its first year.

Through this time we have taken our kids to many meets and although they no longer come have great memories of some of the great early meets we done.
In the early days I can remember handing cards out with Jim and Sian and their kids at shows and a meet saw about 20 vans.

Through the great stewardship of Jim and the then internet tutor Brian the site just grew and grew...

But 10000 posts, wow, plenty of them have been crap some humorous, some controversial and some I'm sure self promoting crap trap.

If my maths serves me correctly, it takes say about on average 3 mins to post a thread, so that works out at what? 30000 minutes which equates to 21 full 24 hour days which I have spent on Motorhome fun in 7 years......

Not a moment of it I regret, I've gained a dog, a load of friends, a few enemies, the headache of arranging approximately 30 meets coupled with fantastic reward, I've cleaned van roofs even gone an bought a van for another Funster at 30k which they paid of course, I've had nights in with funsters parked on my drive....

Wow, that's something I just never believed would happen when I posted my first post.

So thank you funsters, and enjoy...:thumb:

:Cool:

Gosh, Paul ... you're turning into a soppy, old bugger like me son. ::bigsmile:

Congratulations. . . on your 10000 post that is, not on turning into a soppy old b..gger...:Doh: ... I'm sure you couldn't have done it as well without Niki who is an inspiration to everybody.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Congratulations Paul, Nikki and family - you managed to write a post without referring to grey waste :clap::clap::clap:

Oh and congrats for reaching a big millstone...........:winky: thanks for keeping many of us amused:thumb:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Good job you never had 10000 on bargain hunt Paul:ROFLMAO::winky:

Having had the pleasure of reading your posts, staying on your drive, BBQ's and enjoying many afternoons sipping tea :RollEyes: it's great to know you and your family. :thumb:

Rob&Jane

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
when I came to fun I new no one my first meet was the bring and buy I just turned up
three to greet me with a big smile was someone I didn't know from Adam but it was like he had known me all my life
where you from Goole where? well we cant send you home can wee
invited in to there van and didn't levee till long after the sum had risen
watt a introduction to fun
well the rest is history
thank you haggers fun and all the new friend's we have met:thumb:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Paul, well done. It's more than a post number thing though. To say you embraced the Funster ethos from the start would be a disingenuous; you and Nikki helped mould it to what it is today. Your hard work running rallies, making sure its all about the people and having fun (rather than what they're driving) has played a major part in Fun's development. Many friendships have been made because you and Nikki have made the effort, above and beyond mate. Thanks again, we all owe you one:thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well done Paul - I always enjoy reading your posts. Might not always agree with them but I still enjoy them. ::bigsmile:

You are a legend ........... and a very nice man too. :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
10000 eh, here's a few more. Keep up the good work Paul. :thumb:

Attachments

• waymarkposts.jpg
    waymarkposts.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
well done, i have enjoyed reading you ski trips, not sure if you took up boarding yet. hope to read more future posts from you. Well done.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back