Thank you Funsters for being you! (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
The amount of help and knowledge gained from this site is immeasurable. Technical, practical, money saving, what ever. No one claims to be 'the expert', there is an open accepting friendly attitude to all views and people who do put technical items on do so from experience of having done it, demonstrating they know what they are talking about. We've gained information on all manner of subjects related to motor homing without ever being made to feel stupid or ignored.
We now contribute to the advice having gained experience on several technical issues and always feel listened to and appreciated.
The reason I'm writing this is that I just tried to offer advice on a different forum, which I won't do again, and was met with ignorance of the technical issue, dismissal and an overall sense of clique, with one particular person who clearly knows little of the subject setting himself up as 'the man that knows' and a couple of others supporting him. It concerned me that members of that forum will listen to this person because he 'says' he knows what he is talking about rather than demonstrating it. I think this is a problem with smaller one make clubs/forums.
Motorhome Fun, is in our opinion by far the best forum going and I think it's down to the eclectic membership, all makes, all price ranges, full timers to rarely used. Life long to just starting out.
Thank you!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
When we try to explain to others what is so good about being a member & part of this forum we call it "the spirit of Fun" - bit cheesy :blusher: but it's about members helping each other & enjoying life :hi5:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Well, we're coming up to 6 months MH ownership now and when I say " I've been on the forum and.................." my friends eyes glaze over.

Luckliy mine don't and I can only echo the OP's sentiments.

We've made loads of mistakes already but I dread to think how many more we would have made without my visits to the Fun factory.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
What, what......you mean there are other forums outside the Funster Shire:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Don't stray as there are nasties out there waiting to get us, better off staying put as there's always talk of ale, sunshine and the occasional bad jokes too:clap2::cheers::party::party:

Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
No doubt that this is the best site , learning from everyone's experience, the technical advised has been invaluable , the places and sites to visit, and sometimes there has been a joke

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Always amazes me how many motorhomers are not on here, when in the forums it would make you think everyone with any sort of camper is on here, but when you get out and about it hits you we are a very slight minority and very rarely meet another funster but saying that we have met about half a dozen on our last trip over the water.(y)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
The amount of help and knowledge gained from this site is immeasurable. Technical, practical, money saving, what ever. No one claims to be 'the expert', there is an open accepting friendly attitude to all views and people who do put technical items on do so from experience of having done it, demonstrating they know what they are talking about. We've gained information on all manner of subjects related to motor homing without ever being made to feel stupid or ignored.
We now contribute to the advice having gained experience on several technical issues and always feel listened to and appreciated.
The reason I'm writing this is that I just tried to offer advice on a different forum, which I won't do again, and was met with ignorance of the technical issue, dismissal and an overall sense of clique, with one particular person who clearly knows little of the subject setting himself up as 'the man that knows' and a couple of others supporting him. It concerned me that members of that forum will listen to this person because he 'says' he knows what he is talking about rather than demonstrating it. I think this is a problem with smaller one make clubs/forums.
Motorhome Fun, is in our opinion by far the best forum going and I think it's down to the eclectic membership, all makes, all price ranges, full timers to rarely used. Life long to just starting out.
Thank you!

We're all brilliant on here ( including you)
I bet there's not one thing in life that you need to know,that you can't find out on here!!

From money, law, business, travel, fashion, to whatever else you may need!! I do believe there's even a magician on here!!

For the sum of £15.00 the help you get is rediculous!!! Better value for money than being in the Freemasons! Lol xxx ( and lighter to carry than the encyclopaedia brittanica!)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I really believe that all of the above is true and it is all down to the astute 'management' of Jim. It's almost imperceptible but when needed he steps in to sort out any situation without being heavy-handed. Funsters know that they are fine as long as they stay within the (fair) guidelines and the whole ethos is positive and for our mutual benefit. Pity the whole world couldn't run this way.

Wyn

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I really believe that all of the above is true and it is all down to the astute 'management' of Jim. It's almost imperceptible but when needed he steps in to sort out any situation without being heavy-handed. Funsters know that they are fine as long as they stay within the (fair) guidelines and the whole ethos is positive and for our mutual benefit. Pity the whole world couldn't run this way.

Wyn

Nice try wyn!!!

But it will still cost you the £15.00.

Lol xx

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jim for Prime Minister then! (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I’d be careful about taking advice from him though.

He thinks Fray Bentos pies are food :Eeek:
Ah, but being a magician @JJ probably turns them into some sort of food before scoffing them ... he just chooses not to let use lot into the secret of how to do it that way we don't buy them which means he get to buy them at massively discounted prices when they sell off their excess stock! :D

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Wouldn't that be good!!

We could all be in the cabinet!!!

Things would change overnight!!! Lolol.
There would be endless discussions as to-

where is the best place to put a cabinet
what hinges to use
side opening or raised door
which locks to use
what to keep in the cabinet
how best to secure items in the cabinet
how such items will affect the payload
how to prevent damp in the cabinet
what to leave in the cabinet in winter etc etc etc.

then there'd be splinter groups forming as the cabinet, designed by committee, broke up. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back