Thank Goodness For Duct Tape (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Oh joy the roof light above our bed hasn't worked since we've had our MH ( 2 months ) so today I thought I would see if I could get it working. The winder just clicks when it's turned. After a bit of GT85 spray I managed to get it open about 4 inches but it refused to go any further. To make matters worse it flatly refused to close at all.
Not a problem I thought, so up on the roof I went and gently tried to persuade the roof light to close. SNAP :swear2:
Good news is I managed to close it bad news the hinge decided not to play nicely.
So now I have a big chunk of roof vent missing.
My only option now as I see it is to replace the complete roof light as I had to cut the hinge off so I could cover it in plastic and duct tape.
It's quite a large roof light 900mm x 600mm
Any ideas where to try first

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
John Cross motors might be able to help.

(To claim your funster discount you need to know the magic words "Funster 2")

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Oh joy the roof light above our bed hasn't worked since we've had our MH ( 2 months ) so today I thought I would see if I could get it working. The winder just clicks when it's turned. After a bit of GT85 spray I managed to get it open about 4 inches but it refused to go any further. To make matters worse it flatly refused to close at all.
Not a problem I thought, so up on the roof I went and gently tried to persuade the roof light to close. SNAP :swear2:
Good news is I managed to close it bad news the hinge decided not to play nicely.
So now I have a big chunk of roof vent missing.
My only option now as I see it is to replace the complete roof light as I had to cut the hinge off so I could cover it in plastic and duct tape.
It's quite a large roof light 900mm x 600mm
Any ideas where to try first

Is it a Remis rooflight? Perhaps 10 years old?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
O Leary motorhomes will have some in stock. I bought the smaller version from there in 2015.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Yes exactly that

Think you might be unlucky.. If it the same winding mechanism, flexible metal in a rigid tube, Remis USED to supply new mechanisms FOC, now don't even reply to emails..and I don't think they accept orders for mechanisms any longer.. The replacement cover I found in an online accessory shop I think in Devon..

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Think you might be unlucky.. If it the same winding mechanism, flexible metal in a rigid tube, Remis USED to supply new mechanisms FOC, now don't even reply to emails..and I don't think they accept orders for mechanisms any longer.. The replacement cover I found in an online accessory shop I think in Devon..
Unfortunately it's now beyond repair so it'll have to be a complete unit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back