text messages and email from 3 (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This is a weird one.
I have a globalgig sim card in my phone currently on Orange France.
We arrived in France 1 week ago from Spain, there it was using movistar for 2 months on the same sim card.
I cannot make calls or receive calls with this as it's a data card.
I am now getting messages from 3 uk network and emails from them telling me how much it costs to call from France and the cost of sending and receiving texts.
How on earth can this happen?
We are in Rodez so not near Calais to pick up their signal.

On a different note, I noticed this was posted at 8.40 when it is 10.40 here surely you in the uk are not 2 hours behind? I thought you were only one hour behind?

Last edited:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Because Globalgig is a product of Voiamo, and Voiamo is a virtual network operator based on Hutchison 3G which is the Three network and most likely the UK arm.

I would be interested in your feedback on GlobaGig as my concern has always been the fact that it is a 'contract' with a monthly expiring limit and so you have to manage your data usage very carefully to get value for money out of it and to avoid using up a months allowance in a day or so.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I took out a yearly contact at 1gb for £20 a month.
Would have been £40 otherwise for the same data.
Not a lot of data I know but I use wi fi when i can so have never used the full allowance.
You get an email when you are near 50% and 85%.
customer service is excellent, replies to My emails within hours.
Always helpful.

I like the convenience of getting emails wherever I am, and surfing, cover is excellent only letting me down once in the middle of the pyrenees.
I dont let my phone download pictures though, only text using the bandwidth management on my phone.
It changes to the network automatically when reaching another country.
I expect to use it for 7 months out of the uk and again when in the uk, or works out ok for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back