Rally Chat Tewkesbury medieval festival (1 Viewer)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We've managed to get on the Caravan Club site
Where will other funsters be staying

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I lived next to the battlefield for 30+ years. It never ceased to amaze me how much effort the enacters put into the festival. Even the tented village that springs up by Battle Road is good enough to be a film set for the period.
Well worth visiting if you can. I'd probably stay at the C&MC site at Cheltenham Racecourse and use my bus pass to get to Tewkesbury.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
It's quite strange living in Tewkesbury at battle time. The streets are full of people in period dress carrying weapons and paraphernalia and the buildings are decked out with medieval flags and pennants. The atmosphere is lovely and everyone enjoys it. I am always amazed how few injuries there are as everyone seems to throw themselves into the battle with gusto and nothing is held back. They even fire arrows at one another!

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:) We have booked Tewkesbury CC&M site (one of our favourites when it's dry :rolleyes: ) thanks for the reminder. Warden tells me there will be 50 new hardstands next year (y)

Last edited:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Its 8-9/7/17 in Tewkesbury loads of camping around area free entry hope to see folks there battle both day's

We've been to the battle weekends quite a few times & it really is a sight to behold. So we'd heartily recommend a visit but one word of caution, most dogs do not like it & the sounds are very loud/realistic (just as you'd expect) so beware if you have dogs & are camping closeby. Tewkesbury is a beautiful town too, enjoy.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am certainly interested in going. There is a campsite provided near where the action is.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Where can we camp close to Tewkesbury we are not members of the CC&M or do we have to be members to camp there

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Apparently there is a campsite associated with the event that can be booked through the tourist information office on 01684 855040. It is £20 per person for the two nights plus £10 extra for a MH. There are toilets and showers and it is 3 mins from the main festival site.

Since this is in rally chat I was assuming that the OP Hamster was proposing to run a rally if there was enough interest. I know that the big school near the motorway junction has been used for MCC rallies, so this might have been a good place to ask, if a rally were to be planned.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Apparently there is a campsite associated with the event that can be booked through the tourist information office on 01684 855040. It is £20 per person for the two nights plus £10 extra for a MH. There are toilets and showers and it is 3 mins from the main festival site.

Since this is in rally chat I was assuming that the OP Hamster was proposing to run a rally if there was enough interest. I know that the big school near the motorway junction has been used for MCC rallies, so this might have been a good place to ask, if a rally were to be planned.
And I live right behind the school so you could always pop in for a cuppa anytime!

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
So which funsters will be in Tewkesbury on this weekend!!!!!
Names please

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We camped on the linked site some years ago (2?3?)-it was a lovely walk to the festival over fields, but a good 20 min walk away -site was mixed vans tents: wardens on site were fab, very basic facilities so if same set up best to use own loo etc.All grass in field was long- but it was a fab festival. Site we were on was behind a pub - assume same location as about same price. Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back