LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
You will need an A1 on your licence I think. That means a CBT, theory and test I think. Check.

Not sure after one week if you could ride it at constant high speed for 43 miles. So if your commute is mostly higher speed stuff on main road / dual carriageway, I would guess no or marginal. If its mostly town or city. Yes, I would do that. If you can charge up at work each day, no problem as you could wheel the battery in with you and just plug it in.
It takes about 6 hrs from flattish according to Silence UK. I charged mine yesterday from 11%, but forgot to time it.
I have a multi car policy but didn’t ask them as assumed a separate policy was needed. I have a full bike licence as passed that test in the late 60’ or early 70’s. Also full no claims on my Bonneville after 21 years ownership. It cost me £120. Assume more obviously as no ncb to knock it down.
For a regular commute in this country, either a one piece over suit or, better for me, water proof / padded jacket and trousers. Change at work. Good gloves and sturdy shoes or bike type boots.
What I have done so far is just a jacket, jeans and sturdy shoes. I notice my legs and feet are better protected on a scooter than my motorcycle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
It doesn’t feel weighty at all at 150kg. It definitely is expensive. They might not get cheaper, but they will gain more power and range in years to come.
I like the concept but it’s 30 kg more than my SYM HD 200i, that’s quite a lot on a motorhome. Probably will get one next time round.
Phil

OP
OP
Peppadog

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I agree. I had already bought a side load trailer though as even 130kg was a bit marginal. It feels lighter than it is I think as the weight - battery and motor - are very low down.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
No, I knew it would be what it was, different, but I couldn't see myself without an internal combustion engine, I know they are the future, but not my future.

How was the performance? Awesome or uninspiring?

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back