Tesco's tellys? (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
B&Q is another one, my local plumbers merchant is always cheaper for plumbing bits and will beat B&Q for a full c/h system.:thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Dont sell laptops although I do have a wholesale business supplying TV's and audio equipment all over the UK :Smile:

I just feel it is unfair that so many locol business's throughout the country are being forced out of business by the big boys who also screw their suppliers into the ground with their business practices.

Eventually there will be none left and you will be at their mercy with all their con tricks.

Peter

I used to own 2 city centre TV and electrical shops but got out of it when the supermarkets came into it.

We used to go out and tune the sets in for the old folk when they messed them up. I cant see Tesco owners or managers doing that on their way home.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
No wonder all the local TV dealers where you geot personal service have dissapeared when everybody goes to no service, collect it yourself, hump it home and no installation and demo have now gone out of business.

Same as all the local shops, butchers, bakers, greengrocers, florists, fishmongers and candle stick makers have all gone.

Shame on you, support your local business's, last laptop I bought from the local PC shop, sod Comet, PC World and Currys with useless staff and no service.

Peter

I research and buy almost everything over £20 on the internet nowadays, and if the local shop has it at a good price or be within a few quid then I will buy it from them, unfortunatly for them and everyone else tesco were by far the cheapest and you may well be able to afford to pay up to £40 to a £80 more Peter but I cannot.

I also run my own small Granite Business so I do know a little about the market and a lot more of my customers are no longer prepared to pay more for that personal touch or recommendation, they also want it at the keenest price and if I can't give it to them then they will go elsewere.

I am quite proud of the fact that I do support some of the local business's in our village as much as I can, but simple economic's mean it is not always possible.

And that is my last word on the subject.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
currys the big store

Is it really is about supply and demand, for example we wanted to buy a new big flat screen tv.
Currys digital had just the one we wanted Samsung 50" price £1999.99, sorry sir we don`t have any in stock, there is a minimum of 28 days delivery. the tv came with one years warranty.

We then went to Cosco bought the same tv for £1175.00 which they had in stock and it came with five years warranty.

Just shows you really do need to shop around for the best deal.

Now we never buy cheese, fish, meat or fresh veg from the supermarkets having a good selection of butchers, veg shops, the most excellent cheese shop though sadly only one fishmonger in Chester (very good though).
The poor thing about Chester is the local council don`t help local businesses, parking for the city centre is just too expensive.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Is it really is about supply and demand, for example we wanted to buy a new big flat screen tv.
Currys digital had just the one we wanted Samsung 50" price £1999.99, sorry sir we don`t have any in stock, there is a minimum of 28 days delivery. the tv came with one years warranty.

We then went to Cosco bought the same tv for £1175.00 which they had in stock and it came with five years warranty.

Just shows you really do need to shop around for the best deal.

Now we never buy cheese, fish, meat or fresh veg from the supermarkets having a good selection of butchers, veg shops, the most excellent cheese shop though sadly only one fishmonger in Chester (very good though).
The poor thing about Chester is the local council don`t help local businesses, parking for the city centre is just too expensive.

Yes just reading about the demise of shops in the Margate High Street, all big shops located out of town, no help from local council.........Del

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back