Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello all,

Many of you will know Carolgavin (Carol & Gavin) she has asked me to copy a thread that she has started on the other side, as the info will be of benefit to members on here too.
I am happy to do so. Please see below........

"Have posted this in another thread but thought it worthy of its own thread.

For those who are unaware Tesco have recently changed the terms and conditions of their Voucher reward scheme.
Basically it means that rather than 4 times their value this reduces to 3 times from 6th Dec 2010.
If you redeem before 6th Dec then you will get x4 HOWEVER you will only get x3 after this date. if you have been saving up then better to use them before 6th Dec.

Fuller details can be found on
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...rce=forum&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=box"

Regards, on behalf of Carol.

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
This is probably preaching to the converted, but here goes anyway - back in April we exchanged some blue tesco vouchers for travel tokens, expecting that we would get in at least one trip across the channel this summer, then Shifty got the job in Glasgow and it soon became apparent that (other than a couple of very pleasant Funster weekends :thumb: ) we weren't going anywhere :Sad:
I was a bit miffed but thought I'd better check the terms & conditions before declaring it a write-off and found - this is the important bit - that you only have to book the trip within the 6-months for which the tokens are valid, you don't actually have to take the trip. So I have booked a trip for next April with the tokens we got this April :Smile:
Bearing in mind the subject of this posting, I'm hoping that our experience might help some of the more organised Funsters, who have never had need to check the small print, benefit from 4x from 'you know who' for a little longer :winky:
Every little helps!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Just received a letter from Tesco confirming the reduction on exchange to x3 also points on fuel from 1st November = 1 point per £2 worth of fuel instead of 1 point per £1 :cry:

charlie

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looks like we got in at the right time. We had vouchers in August and didn't know what to use them for so took advantage of a doubling up offer and bought some toys :Smile:

That means the balance is currently fairly low so not much to lose :Smile:

Graham

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Tesco have mailed all Club Card holders with these changes. Jean had hers this morning.

No massive changes unless you save for your chunnel crossing, just have to spend a bit more on bio laundry liquid with Tesco. :Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Looks like we got in at the right time. We had vouchers in August and didn't know what to use them for so took advantage of a doubling up offer and bought some toys :Smile:

That means the balance is currently fairly low so not much to lose :Smile:

Graham

Get a new Dinky Graham? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Money martin Says:-
Exclusive! Tesco repeats 2x IN STORE voucher exchange
Mon it'll launch its Big Xmas Clubcard Exchange - 2x value instore & online

We've been tipped off that from next Mon, Tesco will relaunch its 'double-up' scheme for four weeks, so don't redeem vouchers this week. What's the deal? You can trade-in vouchers for double their normal value (ie, £5 becomes £10) on certain categories, and for the first time, it includes some Tesco online items too. What are the categories? Min £5 voucher on toys, clothes, baby & toddler, optical, some electricals, beauty, flowers. Min £10 voucher: Some Christmas trees & lights, Finest wine & champagne, beds, bedroom furniture and bedding, DIY, computers, phones. Redeemable online: Finest wine & clothing How good is it? It's far better than normal in store redemption, but worse than Clubcard Rewards, which includes things like days out and gifts. There you currently get 4x the value (based on list prices so check they're realistic), though as previously warned that drops to 3x value on 6 Dec so if they suit you go quick. Full updates in the Guide: Boost Tesco Points Related: Cheap Supermarket Shopping:thumb:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Chunnel bookings now easier & quicker

Tesco have made booking the Chunnel using Clubcard Vouchers quicker and easier by making the process paperless

• Go to the Eurotunnel website, choose the crossing you want for the vehicle you have and make a note of the cost
  • Go to http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals choose Travel - Trains & Buses - Eurotunnel and
  • 1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange, on the right of the page, and then click ‘add to basket’. Enter the Online Code numbers of your vouchers when asked. Any change from your vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard Account.
  • 2. Tesco will email you your token code and details of how to book your trip to your Tesco.com email address within 24 hours.
  • 3. Once you have received your confirmation email, call Eurotunnel on 0844 8797088 to make your booking. Only ONE token code can be used per booking. For making multiple bookings you must order 1 token code per booking.
  • 4. You must have ordered and received your token code before you book with Eurotunnel.
  • 5. You must book with Eurotunnel at least 14 days before you travel.
  • 6. Your token code can be used as full or part payment for your trip – you can top up your booking with cash. No change is given from token codes.
We've used this new system for the first time today and we're quite impressed - the whole thing, from start to finish (depending on receipt of the confirmation e-mail - ours was virtually instant), can be done within an hour or so...
:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Tesco have made booking the Chunnel using Clubcard Vouchers quicker and easier by making the process paperless

• Go to the Eurotunnel website, choose the crossing you want for the vehicle you have and make a note of the cost
  • Go to http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals choose Travel - Trains & Buses - Eurotunnel and
  • 1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange, on the right of the page, and then click ‘add to basket’. Enter the Online Code numbers of your vouchers when asked. Any change from your vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard Account.
  • 2. Tesco will email you your token code and details of how to book your trip to your Tesco.com email address within 24 hours.
  • 3. Once you have received your confirmation email, call Eurotunnel on 0844 8797088 to make your booking. Only ONE token code can be used per booking. For making multiple bookings you must order 1 token code per booking.
  • 4. You must have ordered and received your token code before you book with Eurotunnel.
  • 6. Your token code can be used as full or part payment for your trip – you can top up your booking with cash. No change is given from token codes.
We've used this new system for the first time today and we're quite impressed - the whole thing, from start to finish (depending on receipt of the confirmation e-mail - ours was virtually instant), can be done within an hour or so...

This should be made a sticky in my opinion :thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
WE have not used the system, I am not that brave to venture onto Tesco's webpage.

All down to the BOSS, I just do as I am told (sometimes):thumb:

We won yesterday...:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well that saves a week and the price of posting one of them there plastic envelopes, Great!

Thanks v much for posting that!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

That is VERY good news and saves the hassle/worry/expense of having to send the vouchers through the post to Eurotunnel - much more efficient.

For those who get free land-line calls the following number can be used to make bookings with Eurotunnel instead: 01303 282061 :thumb:

will2020

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
derry
Funster No
MH
5Th Wheel
Exp
Hi,

Has anyone used the new booking system noticed if there is a name on the voucher codes? ie can I get my father in law to order the vouchers online and give me the codes for me to make a booking? This wasn't possible before on the old postal system as the name on the printed vouchers had to correspond with the name on the booking.

thanks
Will

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I believe that when you order the voucher a copy is sent to eurotunnel which probably has the details of the person on it?

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Give Eurotunnel a ring and ask. They are very helpful. We exchanged our vouchers for the Eurotunnel a couple of weeks ago. Very easy to exchange them now and we didn't have to enter all the vouchers codes. Your voucher value is automatically on screen and so easy and quick to change for the code. Very happy as 3 times the value is a great saving.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi,

Has anyone used the new booking system noticed if there is a name on the voucher codes? ie can I get my father in law to order the vouchers online and give me the codes for me to make a booking? This wasn't possible before on the old postal system as the name on the printed vouchers had to correspond with the name on the booking.

thanks
Will

This is what it says on the Email that Tesco send:

1. Call Eurotunnel on 0844 8797088 and quote "TESCO" to make your booking. Only ONE token code can be used per booking. For making multiple bookings you must order 1 token code per booking.
[HI]The Leadname of the Eurotunnel booking MUST correspond to the name on the token code[/HI]

So it seems that you cannot do what you want.

Lunarman

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Tesco Points

Can you use Tesco points to get back to the uk in April from France?
As no crossing yet booked.
Hi all, new to the Forum just heard about it at a aire in Silvers by a member John and his wife sorry her name has gone out of my head .Old age:Sad:
Nice people they live in spain,
Also met some nice members at Pedros,
Me my wife Karen and my old Dog Oscar.
Laurie Ash.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Laurie

Unfortunately you can only use it with the 'first' (or only) journey must be from the UK side I'm afraid, so you can book a single journey out of the UK but not one back from France.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Hi Laurie

Unfortunately you can only use it with the 'first' (or only) journey must be from the UK side I'm afraid, so you can book a single journey out of the UK but not one back from France.

Thanks for the quick reply, looks like have to dig deep into long pockets with my short arms::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you could read up on the terms and cons re changing dates / times after booking. and see if you cant cheat the system... book to go out ... then after a few weeks as its April travel change your booking.

i may be typing total B**lx so have a read. nothing ventured nought gained:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back