Tesco Vouchers?? Chanel Tunnel (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, channel

Could anyone tell me if:

1. The channel tunnel still accepts Tesco Vouchers?

2. What is the ratio? Eg £5 voucher =

3. Can you only use those with your name on, or can I use some from relatives/friends??

Thanks for any help

Ginny and Mike

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi, channel

Could anyone tell me if:

1. The channel tunnel still accepts Tesco Vouchers? As far as I know yes.

2. What is the ratio? Eg £5 voucher = £20 voucher for travel.

3. Can you only use those with your name on, or can I use some from relatives/friends?? Don't know that one Ginny

Thanks for any help

Ginny and Mike

Hi Ginny,

We had hoped to use ours to cross next week but left it too late & couldn't get on. They only have one tunnel at present so only a reduced service is availble until they clear the fire damage up.

Keith

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ginny,

We had hoped to use ours to cross next week but left it too late & couldn't get on. They only have one tunnel at present so only a reduced service is availble until they clear the fire damage up.

Keith

Hi Keith, I was just about to email you!!

I am writing Christmas cards and was wondering if you had sold your house. I take it if you are going to Spain and Portugal there is not much point in my sending a card to Scotland!!

We are really envious of you escaping next week, we came back from Spain in November and are already planning the next one, probably sometime in February/March. Will you be calling at Bon Repos, Santa Suzanna on your way home??

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Think they only like em with your name on to stop them being traded.

BTW:- if your vehicle is powered LPG you cant travel but you can carry domestic LPG:winky:

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Hi, channel

Could anyone tell me if:

1. The channel tunnel still accepts Tesco Vouchers?

2. What is the ratio? Eg £5 voucher =

3. Can you only use those with your name on, or can I use some from relatives/friends??

Thanks for any help

Ginny and Mike

Hi,

1. They accepted mine a month or so ago. I hope this does not change as I have enough vouchers for our next two trips.

2. The value of the voucher is quadrupled. £5 voucher is worth £20 fare value.

3. I have only ever used them with my own name but I read somewhere that relatives and friends vouchers can be used. Worth a call to Tesco to find out.

Hope the above helps.
Sandy

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Booked ours 2 weeks ago got it for £61 each way but there was`nt many slots left at that price.The prices nearer xmas are a lot higher.In fact the time I wanted according to the online booking was available but when I phoned to pre book when My tunnel vouchers came it wasnt available any more but I did get another the same price.Best to phone the Tesco booking number at Eurotunnel the lady was excellent .

Val

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2007
Funster No
Hi,
I have just booked the tunnel for January. Using Tesco vouchers.
You can only use vouchers which are allocated to your clubcard. Your clubcard number goes on the form.
I used £30 worth of clubcard vouchers to get a £120 tunnel voucher.
You have to send the vouchers to Eurotunnel by special delivery, because they only hold the booking for 4 days. So it costs £4.60 to send.
Pets and any extras (tunnel insurance) must be paid for seperately.
They are quite adamant on this now. A couple of years ago it depended on which tunnel booking agent you got.
The geographic telephone number to save money is 01303 282061

I have been doing it since it started long may it continue.

George

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi Ginny,

They only have one tunnel at present so only a reduced service is availble until they clear the fire damage up.

Keith

Hi Keith
The france bound journey takes about 40-45 mins. Coming back the time is as normal. They have to slow down through the tunnel works i think.

Phill

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi All
I have been reading post re Tesco and tunnel vouchers with interest as i am a regular tunnel crosser ...well twice a year.

I wondered. Do you have to book ther crossing through tesco or do you just get vouchers which you can redeem when you book your own crossing.
I quite like the flexibility i get with booking direct vai eurotunnel and this was bourne out last year when i broke my arm the day before my crossing. I phone eutotunnel and they said no problem..your ticket is for 12 months do we will just rebook a different date.. I said "but i dont know when i will be going" "No problem they said. we will book a ficticious date sometime in the future and when you know when you will be going just ring up and rebook the dates."

This was great as i rebooked it about 4 times (the arm didnt heal as quickly as i thought).

Willi get this flewxibility if i book throught tesco.

I dont shop there at the moment but may consider it

Thanks all
Phill

Aug 17, 2007
Funster No
Hi Phil,
I'm afraid with Tesco vouchers you can't have flexible tickets. They are valid for the time and date you book for (usually allowing 2 hours either side of the booked time).

When you get your quarterly money vouchers from Tesco. You exchange these either on line or by post for whichever deal type you apply for.
In this case Eurotunnel vouchers.
You must then ring the chunnel and ask for the departure you want (after checking times and costs on line first) The chunnel person will ask you for the voucher numbers, and give a ref. number You then fill in the form sent with the vouchers. You have 4 days to get the vouchers to them.

Regards
George::bigsmile:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Although the tickets aren't flexible in the past we have rung the Tesco/Eurotunnel number & got the date changed for no extra charge. If you try to change it at the check in they will probably charge you.

Ordered our Eurotunnel vouchers & was intending to book but ended up getting a free return crossing with Norfolkline :thumb: not sure what it was for but the wife must have filled in some competition at one of the shows somewhere.:RollEyes:
Heading off on 1st January, always hate the trek down to Dover so hopefully it will be quieter on New Years day. No definite plans but thinking about visiting friends who have been down in Spain since Sept. then maybe onto Portugal. :sin:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
its one of the best tesco deals you can get .we all ways travel by the tunnel
will be going next year got vouchers for two trips saved .:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.