TESCO tunnel vouchers..... advice please (1 Viewer)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Wife just booked our one way trip for 28th June , nice man explained that you can only use vouchers for trips , one way or return , that originate in UK . when we book to come home , no voucher code is accepted , as we have no vouchers left it suits us , this time , as we don't want to commit to a return date .
Enjoy your trip !

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
When we went last year we decided to change dates and come back one day early rather than kip in the duty free superstore aire/carpark. We called the number on the documentation - asked to change our return date - paid about £20 (if I recall) . 45 minutes later we were on the train. So the impression I get is they're pretty flexible when you are over 'there'.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Thanks Paul , we will have to wait somewhere as we have a dog that will need to see a vet before we come home .

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
We have a dog with us also. There are vets all over the place within a few miles of Calais.

Paul

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks for that info, we wondered about it too. Not had enough vouchers to cover a return up to now but useful to know if we ever do :)

Lin
you don't have to pay all of it with travel vouchers, don't have enough pay the balance with your credit or debit card.

Emmie

Free Member
May 13, 2015
Ipswich Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
about 10 years
we've used Tesco vouchers for the Tunnel. Always works ok. Book them when we want to use them. We also changed our day of return by ringing up eurotunnel no extra charge. They seemed quite happy for us to change the date. Enjoy yourselves when you go :) xx

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I save the vouchers til I have enough or need to book to get a good price
I think (havent looked to confirm) that you get one code to use per booking
I didnt have enough to cover all the price for Julys crossing after using them for 2 previous ones this year but needed specific dates so paid the difference. if Id waited til this week and the vouchers out this quarter it would more than have covered it and the price has nt gone up too much
so bad call!!
but more for the next crossing in the autumn
we regularly change our crossing to suit timings

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Paul , we will have to wait somewhere as we have a dog that will need to see a vet before we come home .
You have between 1 and 5 days to take your dog to a vet before you return to the UK so if you get the vet check done 5 days before then have the following few days to come home early if you wish. We've done this ourselves - once we went to see if we could get across at teatime rather than the following morning and got on with no extra cost at all. Often if you turn up early they'll let you on anyway, sometimes with a small supplementary charge.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Yes thanks Mel , I was wondering why people see a vet in calais , you then have to wait around for 24 hrs . if driving home quite quickly you could get the dog wormed in the south of France and still have plenty of leeway with timings .

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just got back to UK yesterday after our trip to Italy and Germany. We decided to come back early, rang Eurotunnel, 3 mins and £5 later re booked to come back 2 weeks early (y)

I have to say that the whole experience with Eurotunnel has been excellent. Their customer service is first class, very polite and efficient. The get on/get off at each end is rapid and smooth.

I honestly wonder if I will ever use the ferry again. I will only use the ferries now if the price is really really cheap.

A happy customer :):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back