DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Tesco's home from home deal started on 23 May so yesterday I tried my Tesco Sim card in France. Everything went swimmingly to begin with. Tesco sent me an SMS saying how I could enjoy UK rates etc and I even got a couple of websites up, quite quickly to! So it was working.

Then the plug was pulled. "Invalid user profile. Contact service provider." No internet connection.

I always knew trying to run a tablet sim in a mifi was a risk, but Tesco didn't have a pure data sim for a mifi so that was the only option. I did try the card in my phone but it didn't work there either. Swapping from SFR to the only other network here, Orange, didn't work either.

I will try again, somewhere else.

Incidentally, this is the second place in France where Three gets no signal, but my O2 card is working.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Would be good to know if you get it working again. I talked to a guy in Tesco yesterday and they said they do not have a data only sim available so the Home from Home would only work in a phone but tethering was not allowed.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Would be good to know if you get it working again. I talked to a guy in Tesco yesterday and they said they do not have a data only sim available so the Home from Home would only work in a phone but tethering was not allowed.
I think that must be the case. I couldn't get a clear answer from them, even calling customer services. The general opinion was, give it a try. Which I have but I will try again somewhere else and in Italy then cancel the contract if still no joy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back