tesco clubcard rewards devalued (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Other half says the only thing worth using them for is the tunnel,
not going to argue with that :)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I thought there were very few 4x offers anyway - certainly the main ones that interested us were 3x (Tunnel) or 2x (Railcard, I think.)

The big devaluation was some years ago when they went from 4x on all offers to mainly 3x.

Haven’t had an email from Tesco, though.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Sadly it doesn’t look as though it’s uniformly 3x at all - most railcards are still only 2x. . (In fact less than that in reality, because if you buy a Two Together card online you can currently get 20% off.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Likewise. We only use the points for Tunnel travel and it’s been 3x for a number of years.

Get us two return journeys per year, more or less, each year.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp

Because clearly the value of them to Tesco is falling otherwise they woukd be doing the opposite. One big problem for example is that the auditors place a charge against profits equivalent to the redemption value of the points, reduce the value of the points profits go up.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Because clearly the value of them to Tesco is falling otherwise they woukd be doing the opposite. One big problem for example is that the auditors place a charge against profits equivalent to the redemption value of the points, reduce the value of the points profits go up.
Previously there were 2x, 3x and 4x redemption values depending on the Tesco “partner” involved. So, some have gone down and others have gone up in redemption value as all are now worth 3x.

One of Tesco’s biggest features is its voucher scheme. I don’t think they will dropping it any time soon.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Use em whilst you can I suspect they will shortly go the way of green shield stamps
wow thats a blast from the past, i remember taking the two centre pages out of several books, and still being able to exchange at full value, those were the days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Previously there were 2x, 3x and 4x redemption values depending on the Tesco “partner” involved. So, some have gone down and others have gone up in redemption value as all are now worth 3x.

One of Tesco’s biggest features is its voucher scheme. I don’t think they will dropping it any time soon.
You clearly do not buy petrol from Tesco where the value in points of every purchase has collapsed to nearly worthless over the last few years. Equally instore points promotions have been less and less prominent. Also their main competitor does not bother with points.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You clearly do not buy petrol from Tesco where the value in points of every purchase has collapsed to nearly worthless over the last few years. Equally instore points promotions have been less and less prominent. Also their main competitor does not bother with points.
I do buy petrol from Tesco sometimes.

I never use instore points promotions. Why would I when the voucher scheme provides three times the in store value?

Even a reduction in points is better than no points.

I really can’t understand your argument. If you don’t like Tesco don’t shop there. Everyone has to shop somewhere. Some of us can see the advantage of getting free Eurotunnel crossings by shopping there.

As you appear to live in Fife, beautiful as it is, it is probably too far for you to gain advantage from Tunnel vouchers. Do your own thing, and the rest of us can do ours.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back