Tesco clubcard points! What am I doing wrong? (1 Viewer)

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
We booked a tunnel crossing using clubcard points and had to cancel due to Covid restrictions. Fair enough, Euro tunnel refunded the cost of the dog and offered an alternative crossing for up to 12 months afterwards, not having a crystal ball and thanks to this website we contacted clubcard and got all our points refunded. Great! Got our clubcard statement online yesterday and it had the full points on it, I have around £160 worth of vouchers slowly expiring so contact clubcard to see if I could transfer the vouchers onto the account so I can spend the rewards at a later date...............Was told that they are only valid for 2 years as Tesco thinks that's long enough to use them! Pointed out had used vouchers to get tunnel crossing and the refund was in my account and was not time limited so why could I not transfer my vouchers to the account to use as and when I, not Tesco, felt applicable? All I got was..they are valid till the end of 2021 please read the terms and conditions!. So do I use the remaining vouchers to book a crossing which I have no intention of using and will cancel and get the points refunded to my account or hope someone at clubcard realises that it does not make a blind bit of difference when I spend what I have earned! It really defines any logic!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if i remember correctly,,, you can trade them for a shuttle voucher code and that code last 6 months then the ticket can be amended upto 12 months.
so end of 2021 + 6 months plus up to 12 months to use the shuttle ticket. me thinks!!

of course if you are never intending top travel on the shuttle in the next 2 1/2 years then you are stuck with the use by 2021 deadline.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you have some vouchers (ie pre-exchange) which are coming up to their 'use by date', what you can do is use them to buy something but instead of converting one voucher to pay the full cost, just use part of it, I'll explain more in case it's not clear:

I had 11 vouchers of varying values which had to be used by the end of November 2019, I did not wish to waste the '3 x value by spending them at face value in store as we were thinking we may want to go to Ireland at some point so would rather put them towards the cost of ferry crossings, but obviously I needed to ensure we could keep them 'valid'.

I had a shuftie on the Tesco Clubcard Reward Partners' offerings and found a Crossword magazine subscription which I knew my Mum would like so using my vouchers I exchanged each one for the minimum amount of 50p (1 x 50p Tesco voucher = 1 x £1.50 reward voucher) and I did this until I had enough to buy a 6 month subscription at £16.50 (£5.50 in Tesco vouchers). I then used reward vouchers for the subscription and the balance of the original Tesco vouchers was credited back to my Clubcard account thus were extended the duration by 2 years. You can do this again and again however you have to be careful of which reward you go for as some will only accept one exchange voucher, rather than several as in the case of the magazine subscription.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back