LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Today's update FITTED A COUPLE OF WINDOWS, REVERSING CAMERA AND LOO DOOR/SHOWER TRAY temp only because I need to fit the sparkle boards to shower before doing the front bit -also fitted passenger side top cupboards (y)SOME PICS BELOW
P1030477.JPG
P1030478.JPG
P1030479.JPG
P1030480.JPG
P1030481.JPG
P1030482.JPG

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Wow Terry it's certainly taking shape, looking good.
clear.png

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Still got no water tanks so if I cannot get them by this weekend I'll have to get a couple of 5 gallon drums for Thretford :D
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Looks good Terry,

do you plan on changing the front seats to 2 singles so you an get through the gap?

and what's this 'sparkle board' ?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Terry we have been out f circulation fr a while just took a look at your thread wow and double wow fantastic Terry we are really looking forward t catching up with you at Tethford love from us three xxx

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Looks good Terry,

do you plan on changing the front seats to 2 singles so you an get through the gap?

and what's this 'sparkle board' ?
Morning David -Yes the front double will be changed to a single(y) and then both will be swivel --got some seats from a Renault which Julie will be covering sometime this week and Colin coming down to measure up for a new single seat base,and any alteration for the drivers seat base (y)----Sparkle board is just what it says =plastic boards with spar kley bits in it for the shower =quick wipe down =all nice and clean.This one is white with grey,blue,green,silver and gold sparkles depending on the viewing angle
--pics below
terry
P1030488.JPG
P1030489.JPG

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Saturday and Sunday update -Paul has had a lovely 2 days sorting the wires bits out and the plumbing for the Hydronic water/heater -He is now at home studying the wiring diagram I found on line for him :D to see if he's missed something because we have installed temp tanks for the water side of things -It's coming on wirring away like a good un just not firing up -simply shuts down after 20 seconds or so -if HE DOES NOT FIND ANYTHING then the whole unit will get exchanged for the other one we have -unfortunately Paul never got to see either of them wired in so he's working blind until I sent him the link :)I am confident he will sort it (y);)
Anyway I ran some wires to the front of cab and cut out the hook up leccy point /plug while I left him to get on with the rest :DMade the base unit and dismantled it for fitting later -got to formica the worktop and make another for the fridge /freezer top -may as well do the formica in one go ;):LOL: He's left me with instructions where he wants a wire putting :LOL::Dbefore I fix the base unit in place ;)-I have made the loo/shower front and door so now I have to finish off the sparkle boarding inside it (y)Make the top cupboard doors and the bed --The only thing that looks any different is the bit of boarding I made for all the wires and switches to go onto above the sliding door, which I have got to insulate and finish off before I put the base units back in place or I won't be able to get to it once the units done :eek::D
No idea how far it will get to before Thretford but at least I will have the bed and loo working (y)Another weekend should see it 95% finished only problem is it's going to be 4 weeks before I stop gallivanting around to spend another weekend on the van :D:LOL:Pics to follow when you can see something s been done :LOL:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Monday's update -It was peeing it down until 1 o'clock so I took delivery of the shower room sink then went and got the water tanks and a few other bits -(y):)-After it stopped raining I went out and slowly got started on the shower room front and the wardrobe front (y)-I also completed the shower/loo door just to see what it looked like -I like it so it could be crap in others eyes :DAnyway I cut all the other wall unit doors to size and stuck the face finish on ready for trimming and edging tomorrow weather permitting (y)-Paul arrived on his way home from work and tried a couple of things on the hydronic heater-no luck so whole unit was replaced and this fired up on the second attempt (y)(y)(y)After clearing its throat it runs sweet :)Paul said he knew he had wired it all up good so it made his day and off he went after spending all of 25 mins on it :D-he managed a coffee though ;)
terry
P1030510.JPG
P1030510.JPG

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Good work terry, do you do this for a living/
pete

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Looking good Terry, i should imagine the build and the end product is very satisfying, its the dealing with the public that would put me off, too many tyre kickers - ummers an arrrrers for me, its bad enough selling stuff on ebay - Doing a great job (y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Tuesday update
I had a slight disaster yesterday with all the wind and rain -I put formica on the bench to cut - turned around and the wind got it and smashed it to bits £120 gone with the wind :eek:
I managed to get enough salvage to cover the w/top of the cooker/ sink after I cut the w/top down by 5 mm(quarter inch) and had a piece left for the fridge top (y)-could not manage to do the edging in one piece so it had to have joint's on it :rolleyes: None left to do the loo unit/w/top bit but I have a couple of sheets of different stuff and at least it's in the loo so not seen together (y) I was not sure it would look right for the F/F door anyway -
It transpires the water tanks I got sold do not fit quite like I was assured :swear2::doh:so a modification has been made to the fresh tank home(y) and not quite sure where or if the waste tank will fit if at all -
Alterations can be made after the weekend :LOL:
terry

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I'm loving this thread Terry. So impressed by your talents ... and your patience too. Really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
ain't you finished it yet ,what ya been doing laying in the sun all day :whistle::whistle:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
ain't you finished it yet ,what ya been doing laying in the sun all day :whistle::whistle:
I wish yesterday I got soaked to the skin 3 times --putting tools etc away just as the rain started but within a min it was lashing down -then 10 or 30 mins later sun out -on my third soaking I called it a day as soon as the last bit or formica edging was stuck and trimmed --Will keep you all informed on the wins/losses as they happen-at least that way anyone wanting to build can see what's involved :D
terry
BTW the lump hammer is for weight only :LOL:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I'm loving this thread Terry. So impressed by your talents ... and your patience too. Really looking forward to seeing the finished product.
My sentiments exactly!!!
I wouldn't have the expertise or patience.
Great job Terry :notworthy2::notworthy2:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
move to here mate its always sunny lol

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I wish yesterday I got soaked to the skin 3 times --putting tools etc away just as the rain started but within a min it was lashing down -then 10 or 30 mins later sun out -on my third soaking I called it a day as soon as the last bit or formica edging was stuck and trimmed --Will keep you all informed on the wins/losses as they happen-at least that way anyone wanting to build can see what's involved :D
terry
BTW the lump hammer is for weight only :LOL:
Time you built a carport to work under, hee hee. shame about the formica expencive stuff.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Here's the latest update -Last Thursday we got all the plumbing in and because everything was tight on space decided to use the red and blue piping and jubilee clips -well once fired up the hydronic heater gets the water close to boiling and at that temperature finds or makes leaks :eek::)The pipes expanded to twice there size and some joints started to weep so as soon as they leaked both me and Paul were on them tightening them up and I mean several leaks that were water tight when cold :LOL:Any way final staw was when one of the expanded pipes simply split shower us and almost all of the rear in very hot water inc all the electrics :eek::eek:After a coffee and think a decision was made to redo then all in push fit plastic pipes,so off I went a few hundred yds down the road to beg some plastic pipe off my mate the plumber (y)we have hundreds of fittings (y)so only the pipe was needed -Long story short Kev recommended us using copper pipe and compression fitting no plastic =simply too hot for it --Got the copper pipe and fittings and we re did all the hot pipework (y):whistle:-Thursday t time I shot down to knollbeck for a couple of bits they had in only for me to spy a slatted bed -how much? I will have it (y)Then walked around the cnr and theres a 4'6" pull out slatted bed also -how much? same price (y)so I end up having the slatted bits and to remake the beds :DThis in turn made my van 2 ins narrower on each side so I could not get Johns (jaws) bike in which I promised to bring with me to Thretford so Thursday night 7 pm in goes Johns bike into my Vito and away I go to Thretford arrive at 10,10 ish drop off bike and drive back home knowing we have a full day on Friday to get the van usable for me for the weekend (y)
Friday comes and we finish off water pipes etc and do a couple of hours dry run/test -all seems Ok Couple fridge temp to gas again seems OK if a little smelly (newness) clear out van throw in stuff and tools -few bits I may need over w/end and come 6-30 ish I am on my way (y)Edit forgot to say with my new slatted bed bits remade
terry

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Safe journey (but bet you are there by now)

Hope to see you and the van one day. It looks and sounds amazing.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thretford came and went with me doing all of an hours work on the van Knocked in knock in edging on 7 small cupboard doors all weekend (y)Yesterday I got around to hanging the doors and after the weekend showing people what I was going to do with 6 out of 7 people telling me not to go white and stick to wood -I did them in white :DNow Snowbird Dave and Pat called to pick some stuff up today and Dave though the white plastic was a protective film I had put on the doors :D:(after they left I went across to Julie's and got her to come over for another opinion -then Paul called and the upshot is I am re making all the doors :DBelow is a couple of pics of them in white :):D
terry
P1030512.JPG
P1030513.JPG
P1030514.JPG

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Too late now but I really like the white.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back