LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Today update -Nothing done freezing cold although sunny at times -so I drove up to Durham and bought some more furniture boards/ceiling boards and trims :DGot home about 1 hr ago
Anyone want to buy some lightweight Driftwood furniture boards £40 each or pay Magnums £99 for same boards :DWhite 3 mm ply ceiling boards £17.50 each
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A bit windy and the odd spot of rain but nothing more than a few mins -- I think I have decided on the layout but that may change;)
I thought about a front lounge but then Paul said about storage under a fixed rear bed -anyway I am now thinking on a couple of 4' 6" seats in the rear that make up to a fixed bed but higher for over the wheel arches with maybe a higher floor area so seating is not dangly feet time -Shower, loo partially over side sliding door with kitchen opposite-behind drivers seat with a single seat come bed making it into a 3 berth =1 x double and 1 x single -leave drivers seat as is and fit a single swivel to passenger seat removing the twin seat -Thinking as I type no need for the single bed as there would be no 3rd travel seat although the 3 rd person could sit side ways :)
-or at least that's where I am at the moment :)
terry

Similar to an Autocruise Accent at the rear with a shower/kitchen layout from the Autosleeper Warwick Duo but cut down to give aseat at the front end of the kitchen unit.

http://www.auto-sleepers.com/motorhomes/peugeot-motorhome-van-conversions-and-camper-vans/

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we hope to see you and your new van. good luck with it. it looks great.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Terry being totally female air head can I ask what colour upholstery you are having will it be leather ot material, these things matter you know. :Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Terry ... who is the van meant for and what are your priorities? Eg - do you want to have a single bed or is a double a necessity; do you need lots of storage etc? I've got some ideas for layouts but need to know a bit more about your 'requirements' first! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry being totally female air head can I ask what colour upholstery you are having will it be leather ot material, these things matter you know. :Smile:
Hi Carol I am hoping to have enough material left from the stuff I had to get Holyberries van done in with black leather edges or at least that was a plan -I picked this material above a yr ago so fingers crossed there is enough left - if you don't approve just say so ,nothings set in stone yet ;):D
terry

Attachments

• front seats.jpg
    front seats.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry ... who is the van meant for and what are your priorities? Eg - do you want to have a single bed or is a double a necessity; do you need lots of storage etc? I've got some ideas for layouts but need to know a bit more about your 'requirements' first! :)
The van is for me and Max the dog :LOL:but I am making it a 2 berth poss 3 simply because of when I come to sell it on it will be easier than a single -it will have overhead storage lockers all around and I want a little under bed storage for a few tools etc and poss a chair or two -Already got a hob and sink so I am going to go with these and try without a oven -If I find I don't like life without a oven then I will fit one later or change to full cooker -don't need a dinette but can incorporate one up front or rear -feet up lounging is a must (y) I don't want much :D
terry

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi Terry
look forward to seeing your van at Johns rally. make the van a three berth and then Max can use the single bed and have his own duvet.:LOL::LOL:. You never know keep attending the solo meets and a double might be handy.:D:D

Jeff

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Terry
look forward to seeing your van at Johns rally. make the van a three berth and then Max can use the single bed and have his own duvet.:LOL::LOL:. You never know keep attending the solo meets and a double might be handy.:D:D

Jeff
I would need to attend my first solo meet ;) before that could happen :LOL: Max can get back used to his own dog bed again -he would not dare to get on the seats when Ann was alive -taking liberties on my good nature -AFTER he chewed my steering wheel -cover and wheel- at Whitby he is in the dog house proper
terry

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I'm so glad Carol asked that question on behalf of all us girlies - it's looking good Terry - can't wait to see the finished version. (y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
What a surprise Paul turned up at 10.30 so we had a coffee and discussed the layout :DAfter deciding what we thought would work out best we decided to fit the Heki roof so no changing our minds now :LOL:As we fitted the roof the solar panel got delivered so that was also fitted and then we decided to change the layout yet again and again and again :LOL::LOL::LOL:Then we made another decision that was decided for us by the fact that we had cut a bloody big hole in the roof and there was no moving the Heki :DPaul is happy we have all the wires in place/lights cut out -so now all we have to do is the furniture :LOL::D Got no windows so these will have to be fitted next weekend -not ideal but we can get over it -Also the loo and shower tray would have been good to have, but hey ho we have measurements so we can crack on and hope it fits when I pick then all up next week ---
terry

Attachments

• P1030451.JPG
    P1030451.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 283
  • P1030452.JPG
    P1030452.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 300
  • P1030453.JPG
    P1030453.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 274
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
-found out that although some of the big cavities were full of foam they are only semi full now -it's as if the foam has not got enough air to make it go off and has shrunk back
Could it be temperature related? If it was cold when you did it, I wonder if it affects the ability of the foam to set before the bubbles deflate.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Could it be temperature related? If it was cold when you did it, I wonder if it affects the ability of the foam to set before the bubbles deflate.
I think it's the fact that it was in a small space and no air to send it off so it turned back into liquid form -a bit like it sitting in the tin -Sussed out that if I injected a bit at a time say half full it went off and you could do it again so it probably down to the air/volume --if you spray it with water that helps it cure
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/attachments/p1030452-jpg.61222/
Terry, Ralph put all the wires along those oblong holes in some black plastic pipes. Then stuffed the voids full of that lambs wool stuff he bought. He used that stuff in the cab doors too , and the big Rectangular voids down the edge of the van floor level. He used all of the slabs, and was very surprised at how much it took.
If you haven't already got your foam, it might be worth you getting some. It's stopped smelling now too! Very sheepy to start with !

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/attachments/p1030452-jpg.61222/
Terry, Ralph put all the wires along those oblong holes in some black plastic pipes. Then stuffed the voids full of that lambs wool stuff he bought. He used that stuff in the cab doors too , and the big Rectangular voids down the edge of the van floor level. He used all of the slabs, and was very surprised at how much it took.
If you haven't already got your foam, it might be worth you getting some. It's stopped smelling now too! Very sheepy to start with !
Cheers for that Bev but I stuffed lots of small bits of kingspan in the lower voids (they are big) and foam to fill in the gaps Put foam in the the KS then more foam etc -I also used the foil bubble insulation as well as Kingspan so double insulated (y) In the door voids I am using the foil stuck in place with contact adhesive and where practical a couple of pieces of KS stuck onto the bubble foil --I got hold of about 30 3 ft x 18 ins sheets of polystyrene that I though about using somewhere but they where all stacked in the garage and when I opened both side door and front they blew all over the place so now I am looking at throwing them in the car to take them to the dump site :D
terry

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Bit chilly this morning T. Lots of cuppas needed.........got much to do ? :whistle2:
You gone for the rear twin layout?

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
NOPE NOT TWIN LAYOUT AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE GONE ONTO A 4'6" TRAVERSE BED /'SEATS to drop into a double bed with/using a table to fill the gap (but this could change:D )Shower/loo behind drivers seat with kitchen filling any gaps down both sides giving plenty of work top surface but again this could change ---Nothing done in the van today except removed all the stupid slam locks and returned to central locking -what a flipping headache :rolleyes:Took us over an hour to suss the first one out then about half hour on the second and 20 mins on the side door then the fun began --Van kept coming up with rear doors open this in turn would not allow any doors to lock :eek:Anyway I have had a full time job making coffee's 7 pints of milk worth :rolleyes:Paul made a decision that it must be the back door lock so off it came -he then started to dismantle and try different things with the wiring to see if he could get it to work -after a couple of hours and still no joy he starts earthing stuff pulling bits off with cutters -you name it and he tried it eventually destroying the lock :) I then had to go get another complete lock from a mate who just happened to have taken a pair of back doors off a van last week :)- 40 quid lighter I returned with the lock and Paul had got the light/rear doors open to go off by playing with the said wiring/doors (y)while I was away -Right you make more coffee while I reinstate new lock Paul said (y):D-this I promptly did,only to tell Paul the rear doors light is on :eek::eek:doors open -NO NO THE LIGHT WAS OFF WHEN I DID THIS WHILE YOU WERE GETTING THE LOCK:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::( IT CANNOT BE :whistle: About 2 hrs later after Paul exhausting all other ideas and a few coffees I suggested that perhaps it could be the side door after all its in the rear :rolleyes:This must have sparked a light-bulb moment and Paul checked on the side door closing bits where HE found that the pin to tell the brain the door was shut was not making a proper contact :D(notice he found)Within a few mins this was sorted and all the central locking is now working (y)(y)(y)Paul claimed all the credit for this one so I will let him have his day of glory and we shall start doing something proper on the van in the morning (y):DA fulfilling if challenging day ;):cool:No pics today but I may take one of the destroyed rear locking bit :D
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:D Will try and capture one of him for you Carol but he is camera shy ;)We work well together although we argue about things a lot :DIf it's leccy related he gets his way on most other things I get my way :) although we bounce ideas off each other :cool:He is also like ANN WAS AND KEEPS ME IN CHECK :ROFLMAO::D
terry

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
fulfilling if challenging day No pics today but I may take one of the destroyed rear locking bit
terry
So in other words you spent the whole day doing sod all :whistle2:
And even less chance today cos of the weather :Eeek:
Max is going to love his new double bed::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So in other words you spent the whole day doing sod all :whistle2:
And even less chance today cos of the weather :Eeek:
Max is going to love his new double bed::bigsmile:
Yep wrote today off it's peeing it down -always tomorrow -as you say doing sod all
terry

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I do that most days. I am getting good at it. or so the wife tells me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back