Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We were just getting on the the M69 at 1030 this morning Sian and Ginnie were leading the way in the Landrover that was packed from floor to roof with all the gear from the show. To avoid a truck that drifted too close to her Sian steered away to her left much too sharply.

Right in front of me the Landrover bounced first left, then right, bottoming out on the suspension each time, it then unbelievably flipped left again landing on the passengers (Ginnies) side and slid down the road, eventually coming to a halt on the hard shoulder. I stood on the brakes and managed to avoid them. I got out into the traffic and ran to the Landrover, It only took seconds for me to reach them but it seemed like an age, I managed to open the door, fearing the worst, all I could think of was the steel marquee poles and what serious injuries they might cause. But they were trying to scramble out They had managed to get out of their seat belts and I hauled them out through the drivers side which was now uppermost.

They have lots of bumps cuts and bruises have suffered a bit whiplash and are in a little shock but nothing is broken. Essentially they are OK. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

The Firemen removed the battery and laid out a hose and attached picture shows My Landrover exactly as I saw it crash from the driving seat I took it whilst we waited for recovery. It was a terrifying experience for all of us, the Landrover is no more but we consider ourselves very lucky indeed.

Lanny.jpg

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thank god they were both ok. must have been one hell of a fright for all of you.
the landy is the last thing to worry about, it's replaceable, sian and ginnie arn't.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Oh my God what a terrible experience for you all.

Thank goodness they're not too badly hurt.

Thinking of you all.

Rory & Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Sorry to hear that Jim,

Glad all are Ok that damage is to metal only, wish your family all the best in getting rid of their bumps and bruises.

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Jim,

June & I send all our love to Sian, Ginny and the rest of the family. Thank the gods you are all okay. What an awful experience for you all.

Papa & June

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Jim,Sian, Ginny and James

We were shocked to read your story this morning. You must have felt so helpless Jim, seeing it happen in front of you.

It is so good that everyone is OK, best wishes to you all

stew and co

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We were just getting on the the M69 at 1030 this morning Sian and Ginnie were leading the way in the Landrover that was packed from floor to roof with all the gear from the show. To avoid a truck that drifted too close to her Sian steered away to her left much too sharply.

Right in front of me the Landrover bounced first left, then right, bottoming out on the suspension each time, it then unbelievably flipped left again landing on the passengers (Ginnies) side and slid down the road, eventually coming to a halt on the hard shoulder. I stood on the brakes and managed to avoid them. I got out into the traffic and ran to the Landrover, It only took seconds for me to reach them but it seemed like an age, I managed to open the door, fearing the worst, all I could think of was the steel marquee poles and what serious injuries they might cause. But they were trying to scramble out They had managed to get out of their seat belts and I hauled them out through the drivers side which was now uppermost.

They have lots of bumps cuts and bruises have suffered a bit whiplash and are in a little shock but nothing is broken. Essentially they are OK. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

The Firemen removed the battery and laid out a hose and attached picture shows My Landrover exactly as I saw it crash from the driving seat I took it whilst we waited for recovery. It was a terrifying experience for all of us, the Landrover is no more but we consider ourselves very lucky indeed.

I am so glad everyone's ok Jim.Lucky it was a solid vehicle they were in.

I assume they have all been checked out ok.

My God they were lucky.

My Heartfelt best wishes go out to you and them.

Steve.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Jim whay can I say that has not been said allready, life can be a real bummer at times can't it. The only important thing is they are ok, you can replace the landy but you sure as hell can't replace your loved ones.
Pass on our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery to Sian and Ginnie

Dane & Hazel

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
So sorry your fun weekend had to finish like that, glad they are all ok and we send our best wishes to you all.
Eileen and Mark

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
What a chilling end to a great weekend, our best wishes to Sian and Ginnie for a speedy recovery.
Thinking of you all
Brian & Pam

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
All the Best Wishes Sian and Ginnie

Just a little something to Wish you a quick recovery after such an awful crash.

Overjoyed to hear you are ok. Link Removed

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Jim, our thoughts are with you & your family & glad they are all OK apart from the shock.

A shame such a good weekend ended this way but glad no lasting damage apart from the Landy.

Best wishes from Keith & Jean

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The family are basically safe though shaken but you were on the scene (thank god) to reassure them.

Cant imagine how you felt watching this go on in front of you (your a very close family) but bet while it was happening you were terrified.

We are so glad your fine and how awful after such a perfect weekend.

My best wishes to you ALL and hope Sian & Ginny are not to uncomfortable for long (your a lovely family)

John & Irina

K

klaatu

Deleted User
That's terrible Jim, it makes me feel queasy just reading about it and seeing the photo. So glad everyone's OK.

Steve

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I wish all a speedy recovery, it could have been a whole lot worse, everything seems to go in slow motion when something like this happens in front of you.
Best wishes Dunc and Chris.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Accident

Hello

The Landrover is a piece of metal that can be replaced or repaired.

You and your family are safe and well, that is the main thing, and quite lucky too by the sound of it.

Hope all is well asap for you all.

Russell

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
We are so pleased that Sian and Ginny are ok .What a shock for everyone ,and what a good job they were in a landy .In any other car things might not have had so good a outcome .Thats why Peter brought another one when we had our accident .Please give Sian and Ginny a big hug from us because thats what they'll need from everyone for a while .
All the very best
Betty and Peter :smalllove:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry to hear of the accident Jim, and very relieved that everyone is ok!!

We had a wonderful weekend and it is such a shame you ended your weekend in this way. Hope your girls feel much better soon.

Ginny and Mike

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Gobsmacked,:Eeek:
If there is a God you owe him one!!
Happy your all safe
best wishes to the Family
Geo & Pammy

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Jim

What a traumatic experience for you all - we felt shocked when we read your news and saw your picture, goodness knows how you must all still be feeling.

All our love to you all and very best wishes to Sian & Ginnie for a speedy recovery.

Brian & Julia

Gina G

Free Member
Oct 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi Jim,

So sorry to hear about the accident, it must have been awful for you all. At least everyone is ok apart from cuts & bruises which can be healed.

I did pop along to see you on a few occassions over the weekend but unfortunately missed you. Shame we didn't get to meet one another.

I wish you all a speedy recovery both mentally and physically and hopefully speak to you soon.

Regards,
Gina

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim sorry to hear of your accident but very glad your all ok:thumb:
terry

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
So Sorry To Hear This News, But Very Very Glad That Sian & Ginny Are All Ok, Give Them My Love And Tell Them An Angel Must Have Been Watching Over Them, The Ladrover Can Be Replaced But Not Sian And Ginny, Look After Them Jim, All Take Now.

Love Ruth Xx

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Please add my best wishes to the injured parties. So easy and frightening, just glad it wasn't worse. Hope to see you all well at Peterborough !
Bestwishes to all.

Don

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
After reading all about the fun and goodtimes from the show, what a shock to come in and read about the accident this morning.

Sian and Ginny are lovely ladies, and I am sure they will recover quickly from the bumps and bruises. I hope that You, James and Katie are coping well, and that the fact that their mum and sister walked away from the crash helps to offset any shock from seeing it all happen, for all of you.
Hugs and Blessings to you all, as well as our love and best wishes, hope to see you all again later in the summer

Tina & Glenn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back