"TERRACLEAN" (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Hi we have a very low mileage 2005,2.8 Fiat Ducato MH. I am reasonably pleased with the driving,power and mpg but not sure if it could be better.
Just wondered if anyone had used this above cleaning system which claims to improve performance,mpg and reduce emissions.
If you would like to view their cleaning system www.terraclean.co.uk
Thanks again
Ian

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have no knowledge of the system but a quick read of their website suggests it is a system for cleaning carbon out of an engine. But if you engine is low mileage I can't see what there will be for it to do even if it does what it claims.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Is this the system that Edd China from Wheeler Dealers has used then got involved ?
I personally would just use Shell Supreme + (or whatever their latest best fuel is called), as this is excellent in cleaning the carbon of engines due to the good quality detergents they use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes I believe it is the system Edd China promotes

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Snake oil:rolleyes:
Save yourself £150 and buy a couple of Forte Diesel Fuel Treatments at about £15 each
I will personally guarantee results More power, better MPG quieter engine
G

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Haven't used Terraclean personally so can't comment, but as above - Forte is well proven & Archoil is better i.m.o.

Combine their use with BP Ultimate or Shell V power or similar.

OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
thank you for your kind advice
Ian

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
There was another thread started a while back on this subject..
By Alan @rupert .. It's an easy search as my link isn't working to the thread... (don't know why links don't work when I'm using the phone.. )
Ta andy..

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
I had a 2.0 tdi Passat and was having emission problems. Took it in for a Terraclean and for the first 20 odd miles after could tell the difference, then ping, emission warning light back on.
Ended up getting rid. Biggest money pit I've ever owned.
In my opinion I'd save your money.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
100% with Geo on this one..

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Hhhmmnn, back in the day I had an MG Metro .....poured Redex down the cylinder bores withing a couple of weeks id lost compression ....I swear that it was just carbon build up keeping the compression, that said on a car forum I am on quite a few people have it done and say car runs better.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Our Mercedes Sprinter has recently lost some of its power, it performs as if it has the smart and trailer on the back. Usually use supermarket diesel so put some Shell Ultra, followed by a further tank of the better BP diesel. Performance has improved but still not up to it's former self. I realise that it's probably the DPF, so following Geo''s advise looked up Forte products and now confused, do I need the diesel cleaner and or their DPF treatment and if so do I put both of them in at once?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Diesel Magic from Wilco, that's al you will ever need.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Will check the spec sheet this morning for Fortes recommendations But we use only the cleaner for MoT emission clean up, missfires etc
as its the cheaper one.

If loss of power is the only complaint or vehicle is indicating dpf Fault, again the Cleaner on its own if no DPF is fitted, or DPF on its own if it has one.
I would set up a regime of 1 x cleaner then 1 x DPF once a year, but only after all power issues have been resolved
I would be happy to add both together to try and solve a power issue though.
My skool of thought on all of them out there is that they are little more than Octane(Petrol) or Cetane (diesel) improvers and raise the internal temp of the combustion chambers and exhaust DPF system thereby burning off carbon some like the Forte have cleaning agents that soften and clear carbon at the injection stage the cheaper versions are simply a old tec RedX but even that works to a lesser degree you pays yer money as they say Forte should be for trade use only and i suggest you buy from a local Garage rather than e-bay I have been approached on more than one occasion to sell my empties
All Bottles should be foiled sealed if not your probably not getting Forte, Forte is NOT available retail

G

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is it still the case to be very wary of adding anything like this to older engined vehicles? I always understood that sometimes the carbon that has built up is actually ensuring the engine doesn't have any pressure loss/leak issues and stripping it out can create a whole load of more problems.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is it still the case to be very wary of adding anything like this to older engined vehicles? I always understood that sometimes the carbon that has built up is actually ensuring the engine doesn't have any pressure loss/leak issues and stripping it out can create a whole load of more problems.

YES with regard to oil additives and cleaners
they are a strict No No here at our Garage, disturbing carbon inside engine oil galleries is asking for trouble and can quite quickly lead to an oil way coronary and engine seizure
Carbon removed by fuel additives and cleaners very very rarely do damage "ive never know it " as it is burnt and expelled via the exhaust
Using oil additive cleaner would be like flushing your veins to remove cholestrol platelets when as we all know its when platlets move that causes a Heart Atack
Carbon in oilways is best left stuck where it is
G

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016

True - sometimes it's just the gunk that's holding it all together :eek:

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Snake oil:rolleyes:
Save yourself £150 and buy a couple of Forte Diesel Fuel Treatments at about £15 each
I will personally guarantee results More power, better MPG quieter engine
G
We have no experience of Forte but always use Diesel Magic for MOT's. Why in your opinion is Forte a superior product please.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We have no experience of Forte but always use Diesel Magic for MOT's. Why in your opinion is Forte a superior product please.
Good question
From over 15 years consistent use, with consistent results and the money back Guarantee offered by Forte to the trade, which we can pass on to our customers, combined with poorer results when compared with others, Forte is the fastest acting one in our opinion, we cant have a car ticking over for an hr or send customers away whilst the cheaper alternative work.

Also personally measurable and testable cylinder compression improvements and visual inspection results following race engine strip downs not obtained with other cleaners and Octane Boosters
No personal disrespect intended, but with a name like "Diesel Magic" it sounds like it belongs in Wiko's or a pound shop and wouldn't make it through our doors, probably why its never been offered or made it as a trade only product
As I said you pays yer Money and takes yer choice.
I could be completely wrong about "Diesel Magic of course but I think ill stick with Forte.
Geo

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Good question
From over 15 years consistent use, with consistent results and the money back Guarantee offered by Forte to the trade, which we can pass on to our customers, combined with poorer results when compared with others, Forte is the fastest acting one in our opinion, we cant have a car ticking over for an hr or send customers away whilst the cheaper alternative work.

Also personally measurable and testable cylinder compression improvements and visual inspection results following race engine strip downs not obtained with other cleaners and Octane Boosters
No personal disrespect intended, but with a name like "Diesel Magic" it sounds like it belongs in Wiko's or a pound shop and wouldn't make it through our doors, probably why its never been offered or made it as a trade only product
As I said you pays yer Money and takes yer choice.
I could be completely wrong about "Diesel Magic of course but I think ill stick with Forte.
Geo

We used Diesel Magic from Wilco for many years, also tried many others, but D M always worked the best, and was less expensive than other brands, never had a Diesel engine that we could not get through the emissions test, I still occasionally use it to this day.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As an 'olde farte' I remember de-coking the old bangers I used to run as a youth. It was always recommended that you left a ring of carbon round the top of the pistons so as not to disturb the seal that had built up.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
And what is it in the photo ? Looks like the juice from a roast chicken the Mrs uses to make gravy when it`s separated from the fat, but I`m sure it`s not that.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I keep my tank full, ready for a quick getaway and I read on here it prevents condensation forming in the tank (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back