tents getting under cover (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
hoping that some one can help we will be having our annual camp under canvas been looking at ex military command shelters very expensive but came across thees from machine mart Wat are your thought's for mess tents kitchen tent ext look rely hard waring would thay Been good for accommodation do you think with a good ground sheet cover with camo net
do you think thay would have condensation ventilation problems?
cant expect them to live in bashers to 10 day's
douse any one have one of these shelters to give me a review

tried to delete this post but don't seam to be able to as it isn't relevant to motor homing

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Last edited:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
We have a plastic covered garden marquee with a tubular metal frame. 20ft x 10ft. Frame is great but the covering is bl****dy useless in any windy conditions :Angry:. We used it as a workshop in the garden when I needed to pull the engine out of a previous range rover. Might be okay as a kitchen (if it aint windy) but NO GOOD for sleeping cadets.
hope this helps
Bill

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just a thought Bill can you not bid for stores via Yorkshire ACF for use of 160 pounders and 12x 12 and 9x9 tents and the like...just a thought surely you have a sponsoring unit to help??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just a thought Bill can you not bid for stores via Yorkshire ACF for use of 160 pounders and 12x 12 and 9x9 tents and the like...just a thought surely you have a sponsoring unit to help??

nope completely independent but funding on the way it duos work the only thing the kids wont get is live firing of military weapons but plenty of fun
we have the sa80 replicas gas blow-back air soft thay do every thing except eject brass accurate at M and thay Handel them all the time each cadet will have his own personal weapon for use for cadet activities just cheep ones deactivated but thay can do nsp's moving with weapon the army cadets don't do that we don't sit in class rooms if Werther is good weir out every drill night petrolling am busing army cadet don't do that if Werther is good if not classroom.
i can just arrange a week end a short notes don't have to go through any one i am the boss
just Early days but geting sum help from another independent unit i isn't for the faint hearted.
but hell the scouts don't have much funding.
beg steel or borrow thats my motto its working for now
if i can buy it i will make it spent all week making training Ade's it's a lot easier now with the internet

every thing on power point and DVD
Wat do thay need a gun to hold uniform for protection from the elements helmet for there heads and cam creme once a week
fed at week ends and marched around i know their is more but thay have the biggest smiles on there faces when thay as teem achieve any thing just today
when i was walking down the road to take jay to school one of the parent's asked me Wat i had done to James :Eeek:confused i sad pardon did you swap him for a noter kid he use to be a Little Shiite not a bit of bother out of him now
that is only after three weeks::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back