Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
OK i know its a camping and caravanning club site here in Canterbury but who goes camping at Christmas?
We have a few people in tents have just arrived and are erecting their tents as I type, it will be freezing!!!
Who would go camping in a tent in the winter?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Idiots, and err Cheyne, hee hee. Actually lots of people, sleeping bags designed for the antarctic do fine. The bushy types off camping and hunting using a bivvy or leantoo shelter plus loads of homeless in the streets who don't have the luxury of posh high tog sleeping bags. I like my comfort too much but there are many people out there who enjoy roughing it in the snow. He man against nature I suppose. Nah never understand it.
Still at least you can have a decent campfire to cook your pigeon over.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OK i know its a camping and caravanning club site here in Canterbury but who goes camping at Christmas?
We have a few people in tents have just arrived and are erecting their tents as I type, it will be freezing!!!
Who would go camping in a tent in the winter?

Deffo not me ::bigsmile:I am far too nesh for that game.That's what got us into M/Hing :ROFLMAO: we were supposed to camp in a tent for 4 days but ended up borrowing sons camper van :thumb:because he was under 25 and could not get ins for it :Smile: his loss our gain :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
I think there's an Eskimo sorry Innuit (must try to remember to be P.C) convention at the cathedral.::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
only done it once and never again :Doh:

ex G/F's birthday on 1st April, a long time ago, and decide to visit a pub on the N Yorks moors with a camping field.

pitched tent and proceeded to get wasted in the pub.
came out at closing and it was cold, very cold.
woke at around 6.30am, frozen stiff, and opened the tent flap to find 8" of white stuff and the tent almost collapsed under the weight :Eeek:

never again, i say never again will i do anything so stupid :Doh:

but it was one hell of a good night in the pub :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well i would ... done it a few times already !Once.. in the Pyrenees , for a whole week end with my children and their father (we were divorced but liked to treck with our children ) on a 1st November. Son with his father and me with my daughter , we had thick frost on the roof tent in the early morning. We were alone and in the morning a patrol came along in 4x4 with rifles .... they were looking for a bear who was moving to the wrong side of the mountain, trying to get food, and far too near from town :Eeek

It is very special indeed , and when you have the right equipment , everything is ok!

Yannick has done it last winter in Laponny (Santa Klaus land) and in Russia too!Brilliant!!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back