Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Mailleraye Sur Seine this evening
Live and let live but not seen this before.
Ok until a motorhome arrives and can't get on because aire is "full'

IMG_20170706_214124549.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
French I presume and I guess they must have paid with the new barrier, interesting to know if the barrier is clever enough to know the place is full, or how would you get on for a refund once in o_Oo_O

I am dead envious that anybody can use that grass, never yet been when it is dry enough to even risk driving on, let alone pitching, but not yet been in summer :)

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The barrier is smart, we arrived two weeks ago and it wouldn't let us on until someone left. However when we did get on there appeared to be several vacant pitches on the tarmac area.
There were also vans parked on the right before the barrier that couldn't get on later in the evening. There is now a sign up warning against parking there.
Lots of french and Dutch here tonight but still a few pitches left

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
lean chair back, close eyes

bub, bub. bub, bub, bub, bub....

look up check the boat, lean back, close eyes

bub, bub, bub, bub

we also love La Mailleraye (y)(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just remembered there are no toilets there, are there? maybe OK for a wee, but ..... :(

squat over the drive over gulley maybe o_O

BTW talking rules, hope that isn't your awning out :LOL::LOL:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
BTW talking rules, hope that isn't your awning out
We use La Mailleraye A LOT. We were there yet again a few days ago. Never been any problem about awnings, tables and chairs. I know that the rules generally say 'no camping behaviour' but it is France. Therefore rules are for guidance only. :D:D
Also, because the pitches are marked out by posts there is plenty of space. No problem with opening the door as there can be on some aires.

I am dead envious that anybody can use that grass, never yet been when it is dry enough to even risk driving on, let alone pitching, but not yet been in summer

The grass bank is absolutely fine for most of the year but beware in winter or after a lot of rain. Much of that area has a very stony base. The area against the wall is OK all year round.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we was at oesterham a couple of years ago and french family pitched a tent on the tarmac between there van and my sons and two of their children slept in it

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We were at an aire near Saumur in May.. (Dampierre-Sur-Loire) which was a former campsite, tents were allowed, there was an area for them, but people put tents up anywhere they wanted without any problems... usually tucked away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back