Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Has anyone used the ten Haaft app with the Oyster V set up? Mine worked perfectly at home but now away on site in Dorset can’t get it to work via iPad or iPhone. Have re booted both devices and deleted and downloaded the app again but still no joy. The system works perfectly when used from the hard wired panel in the van. Thanks

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We use it regularly - but did have the same problem initially. Sorted it by going into Settings on the app and changing the Wi-fi channel.

I did post this as a tip on here in January, and there was a response copied below from the very helpful Anthony at Oyster Tech:
“This is a common problem found with the Oyster V as the default Wifi channel is 6 which is widely used in the UK by most routers and electronic devices with wifi capability. Because of this you can experience connectivity issues when there are a lot of different wifi signals within range of the Oyster's feature box.
As you stated it's simple to fix by going into the settings of the Oyster V and altering the wifi channel (we recommend channel 3 as it's rarely used). This process is fairly simple however anyone wishing to do this who's not quite sure of the menu structure or just not comfortable please PM me and I'll happily talk you through the process or arrange to talk you through it over the phone.”

Hope this helps.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Yes had same problem, changed to Ch3 and ensured device logged on to the Oyster V SID and no further problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for thi tip. Please could you let me know the process for changing the Wi-fi channel. Tried to go into settings then network but can’t see beyond the request to allow the system to access the camera?? Thanks

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
It doesn’t help that most of the instructions are in German

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Thanks for thi tip. Please could you let me know the process for changing the Wi-fi channel. Tried to go into settings then network but can’t see beyond the request to allow the system to access the camera?? Thanks

Sorry but I'm not in the van - I recall it being pretty straightforward, though. If you're unsure, why not take up Anthony's offer & pm him at
Anthony OysterTech ?

KeefieWeefie

Free Member
Dec 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 520
Exp
Since 2012
Has anyone used the ten Haaft app with the Oyster V set up? Mine worked perfectly at home but now away on site in Dorset can’t get it to work via iPad or iPhone. Have re booted both devices and deleted and downloaded the app again but still no joy. The system works perfectly when used from the hard wired panel in the van. Thanks
Mine is exactly the same. Here in France it's not working. I did the same, deleted the App reinstalled it downloaded the update and it still won't connect.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Have you tried the channel change trick(above)? I’ve needed to do it a couple of times and it has sorted it.

Alternatively, it may still be possible to PM Anthony OysterTech?

KeefieWeefie

Free Member
Dec 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 520
Exp
Since 2012
Thank for answering! I was thinking of trying that however I'm a bit hesitant to do it whilst everything is working fine manually. We are in lockdown in Sainte-Marie-La-Mer, we have all the channels and don't want to risk losing anything! I tried the update option on the app but it says first connect to the unit so I went to the WiFi and chose the Th....... but I can't for the life of me remember putting a password in. Maybe the installer at Rhino Installs did it for me when he installed the app on my phone. I've tried all the passwords that I normally use.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
The last time this happened I contacted Anthony and he advised unplugging the data cable from the back of the feature box and leaving it out for 10 seconds before reconnecting it. Tried it and it worked for me. He also advised Channel 13 was the strongest. Hope that helps

Marcar

Free Member
Jul 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 678
The reason for the problems with the Ten Hafft App connection is related with the presence of stronger wifi signal on the same channel. As the Oyster signal is about -50dB, witch is quite enough to the App, the presence of stronger signal means problems for the App.
To solve the issue, just download an App for Wifi detection. There are a lot of them, free of charge, for Android and Apple. Go to the channels page and see what channels are occupied.
On the Oyster control unit, go to SETTINGS, WIFI, CHANNEL and choose one that is as free as possible. Get back and try again. It will work without problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back