Jun 22, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
5 years
Hello All,
Recently had an owners club mag come through, an article points out that you now need a Temporary Import Permit if you are taking a bike into the EU on a trailer, ok if you are riding it. Google search CERFA 15678-01 and you will find a few sites offering a pdf download of the neccessary form (which seems fairly straightforward), you will need two copies one for customs and one to carry with you. Hopefully I'm not teaching granny............Mike

OP
OP
suitcase
Jun 22, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
5 years
The guidance in the mag was you fill in the top half:
1.Name and address
2.Type of vehicle,how many, value
3.Where you are going and why
4.How long before return to UK
5.Any other useful ino (optional)
Date, Surname, signature

Bottom half is for customs

Hopefully this makes sense??
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I had to do something very similar when loaning an item to a museum in the USA except the form was geared to temporary museum exhibitions.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Sounds like the Carnet (temporary export) system that I used a lot when taking sales samples abroad and which was discontinued when we joined the E.U.

Jun 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxdrive 680ME
Exp
None
Is this a reference to a Customs Carnet? I was wondering would I need one - because logically one should - but in any case I went ahead and trailered in my Urban GS into Europe via Spain in an enclosed trailer at the start of June without one. I hadn’t been able to find any information or guidance about it online at that time.

I had all the documentation with me just in case but Customs we’re not concerned about the bike at all, just had a good look at the contents of the trailer - we had some household bits and pieces with us as well as we were coming down here to the south west of Portugal to our newly purchased apartment. They had no problems with anything and the whole thing took about 5 minutes.

This doesn’t mean that was the correct way to do things of course, just relating my experiences. Next time though I would certainly take that form now that suitcase has kindly provided the details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back